• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

I think since it's been out for some time now it is better you call them on Monday so that you can start your medicals immediately.

Enjoy.

i want to know if i can use the old nigeria passport dat is still valid,plss let me know

Yes

i want to know if i can use the old nigeria passport dat is still valid,plss let me know

You can use it, a friend of mine on DV2008 used his old passport to pick up his visa last week. Though, getting a new one won't be a bad idea if you have the time, just for future purposes.

Lets know the outcome of your call tomorrow.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use it, a friend of mine on DV2008 used his old passport to pick up his visa last week. Though, getting a new one won't be a bad idea if you have the time, just for future purposes.

Good Luck.

how long does it take to get the new nigerian passport?

mine

how long does it take to get the new nigerian passport?

Mine took 3weeks last year for the new one and my wifes' 1day in June 08, though with good connection and not paying the normal price. But i must tell you Ikoyi Lagos offfice is terrible. In Ikoyi i think if you want 2-3 days service you'll pay around 50k and if you want anything within 1-4weeks you'll pay 25k and if you think you want to pay the normal amount i don't think you'll get it in 3months.

Last year November i was there and a guy who paid the normal amount in June was there till November. I did mine in November and i actually left him there 'cos i didn't pay the normal amount he paid. You can see how terrible it could be sometime, so prepare yourself for some horrible scenes, unless the whole process is better now.

Good Luck.

Mine took 3weeks last year for the new one and my wifes' 1day in June 08, though with good connection and not paying the normal price. But i must tell you Ikoyi Lagos offfice is terrible. In Ikoyi i think if you want 2-3 days service you'll pay around 50k and if you want anything within 1-4weeks you'll pay 25k and if you think you want to pay the normal amount i don't think you'll get it in 3months.

Last year November i was there and a guy who paid the normal amount in June was there till November. I did mine in November and i actually left him there 'cos i didn't pay the normal amount he paid. You can see how terrible it could be sometime, so prepare yourself for some horrible scenes, unless the whole process is better now.

Good Luck.

Thats one thing that i'll try to get while am there. The consulates here in the states don't have the machine to make the passports and even if they do, it would probably cost me almost $1,000 in flight, car rental and hotel inorder to make my appointment at the embassy in the US.

Hello everyone in the house,

Please a friend of mine need an information. He will be going for his interview in september and he want to know the procedures and requirements for collecting affidafit of support from his sponsor since he will be going with his family. Information like how much must the person sponsoring have in his bank account and other documents the sponsor needs to send to him. I wiil be glad if the house can help him out with this information.

Thanks.

please read about AOS as sent earlier. i submitted W2, employment confirmation, 3 years tax (IRS), identity photopage & payslip sent by my sponsor and none of my bank details.

Pls i'll need clarification for some of us that has long names, but have slight discrepances in our WAEC, degree certificates & other certificates. eg.

I applied & won DV2008 with the name Ola David Adeoye but my WAEC certificate & degree result carries Olaoluwa David Adeoye which was my real name at birth, but i have since truncated it to Ola David Adeoye via NPC. My International Passport also carries Ola David Adeoye and i have used it to enter Uk, SWEden, Jamaica..est but not US

SO the issue now is with my WAEC which still carries Olaoluwa David Adeoye
As for the degree cert. i can have it changed to Ola David Adeoye.

Please advise me on what to do concerning the name on my WAEC cert as thats d basic cert they require..

Ola David Adeoye (Name used for DV2009 application, same name on NPC birth Cert and International Passport )
Olaoluwa David Adeoye (Name on WAEC & degree certificates)
any difference between the two?

Can Affidavit solve this issue? What type will that be?

please will the embassy complaim about this differences, I need some clarifications
Expecting soonest reply.
thanks
Ola David Adeoye

read my previous testimony about my daughter's name & pray for God's favour, don't try what can flag a RED during the interview.

Good Luck.

i called kcc 2day..and my interview date was given to which is in the 1st week of october,and i was told also dat the 2nd letter has been posted 2day

U can use it, i used it (expires 2011) & my wife (expires in 2010). put yr mind at rest.

thanks shadfun,i gor my interview date 2day,does that mean i'm current and should commence with the medical and police reports process,
ples reply and pls pray for me

Good to know

thanks shadfun,i gor my interview date 2day,does that mean i'm current and should commence with the medical and police reports process,
ples reply and pls pray for me

Good to know you have your interview date now. Call the hospital to see if you can start now or not and if not not wait till you get your 2nd NL. No crime in trying, it might save you time and stress.

Good Luck.

I dont understand these people ..Thats strange. My CN is 2009AF000011XX and i called KCC today to confirm my interview date and i was told that an interview date has not been scheduled for my case..but some people with higher CN already have an interview date .What do u think is wrong? Please respond.

medical test

hi,

there is another problem. I am not presently in Nigeria. I planned to travel down two weeks to the interview. if possible my wife and son may be having theirs earlier.
I hope that will be enough to complete the medical test.
OR IS there a posibility of doing the test here in hospital where those having there CP in germany are having there medical test? Just thinking wide.

Not allowed

hi,

there is another problem. I am not presently in Nigeria. I planned to travel down two weeks to the interview. if possible my wife and son may be having theirs earlier.
I hope that will be enough to complete the medical test.
OR IS there a posibility of doing the test here in hospital where those having there CP in germany are having there medical test? Just thinking wide.

I don't think that is allowed but i think you can have the vaccinations done get the card and you can show that to any doctor in the world and it will be accepted. If you can get that done you'll only be left with the medical examination with the doctor in Nigeria. Meanwhile, i think your family can start theirs and you must book your own examination prior to going, for the time you'll be in Nigeria.

Last edited by a moderator:
done that

4real4u..please respond to my posting..

I had done that on dv2009 thread. Anyways, i guess you called in the morning, may be you should try calling now bcos they'll be in afternoon. May be it was not finalised when you called and now it is. Just try your luck again

Good Luck.

I have just been notified by the KCC of my interview on the 14th of october.

I have a few issues unresolved in my mind.

I just got married in august, and i am just wondering if an affidavit of support from our sponsor is sufficient.

thanks for your thoughts on this.

aadepetun
2009AF000005XX
Interview: 10/14/2008