• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

I have my fear!

Hello everybody,
I am a DV 2009 winner.I have 2 issues that have been giving me sleepless nights concerning my case.

1. I made a mistake on my form DS-230, i filled in the wrong DOB ( 1982 ) but i actually played the lottery with 1980.After noticing this mistake,i called KCC and i was instructed to fill a new Form DS-230 with all the correct info and attach a small note stating that there was a mistake in my first form.I have filled the new Form and sent it back to KCC using fedex about 2 months ago.
I want to know if this would pose any problems for me during my interview.Please help me out with any advice u can give me .I am scared that the counsular might want to make reference to the old form with the mistake !

2.Secondly,i have lost my original waec certificate.I went to WAEC office to get a new one but i was told that it can only be issued once.I was palnning on going with the statement of result from my secondary school and a WAEC scratch card on the day of my interview.I would also get an affidavit stating that my original certificate is missing. Please let me know what you think and if u have any other suggestion for me.

Thanks. Please respond !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have my fear for U cos on the @nd letter ,KCC stated it categorically that one can not make any corection about ur name,date of birth & place of birth, any contradiction leads to visa denial, Pray harder

Thanks Aywire,
I have been praying hard.But i already sent a new form with all corrections back to KCC about 2 months ago and i was told it will be included in my case file when it is received.I just hope with the correction that have been made,everything will go smoothly.
Let me know what you think.

Pls respond

Hello everybody,
I am a DV 2009 winner.I have 2 issues that have been giving me sleepless nights concerning my case.

1. I made a mistake on my form DS-230, i filled in the wrong DOB ( 1982 ) but i actually played the lottery with 1980.After noticing this mistake,i called KCC and i was instructed to fill a new Form DS-230 with all the correct info and attach a small note stating that there was a mistake in my first form.I have filled the new Form and sent it back to KCC using fedex about 2 months ago.
I want to know if this would pose any problems for me during my interview.Please help me out with any advice u can give me .I am scared that the counsular might want to make reference to the old form with the mistake !

2.Secondly,i have lost my original waec certificate.I went to WAEC office to get a new one but i was told that it can only be issued once.I was palnning on going with the statement of result from my secondary school and a WAEC scratch card on the day of my interview.I would also get an affidavit stating that my original certificate is missing. Please let me know what you think and if u have any other suggestion for me.

Thanks. Please respond !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please resond with more ideas!

hi

hi,

Keep your mind at rest. what matters is the consistency of your information. there many reasons one can make mistake in filing a form. once its corrected and you have prove that the new information, in this case your date of birth is true, no one can fault you.
just get your documents together and wait , you will be fine.

Please resond with more ideas!

What more ideas do you want to hear on this matter?
In my opinion, you have taken the only credible option by updating KCC with the correct information on the new forms.
What's left now is for you to pray very hard that this mistake will not come to haunt you at the interview.
The mistake and correction on the forms sent along with your file by KCC might flag a warning to the interviewing officer to watch out for possible fraud
It is then up to you to prove that the mistake was genuinely made without any ulterior motive.
If you have an old issued birth certificate, documents etc such as old expired passports, this will go in a long way to prove that there's no fraud being committed by you.
Any recently issued birth certificate definitely will not help your case.
As regards the original certificate, Is it one of those certificate that has your passport embossed and your date of birth printed on it? if it is, then it will have further helped proved your case on the DOB issue.
Anyway, be prepared to plenty questions at your interview.
Good luck, all is not lost.
With GOD, nothing is impossible

Hello every one, i picked up my visa today at the embassy but hope to travel ending of september after my final exam. Thanks to every one. Our American Dreams will come to past in Jesus Name.

Hello every one, i picked up my visa today at the embassy but hope to travel ending of september after my final exam. Thanks to every one. Our American Dreams will come to past in Jesus Name.

My brother, Seekarim
Congratulations on ur pick-up of your visa;
Pls do not abandon this forum like others who have contributed and benefited and yet as soon as they were through, they left.
Remember us in your prayers.

Hello, My birth certificate was issued in 1975 i.e not by NPC so do i need to get NPC birth certificate or attestation ? Also i will like to know where to get it.

Same question with you earlier

Hello, My birth certificate was issued in 1975 i.e not by NPC so do i need to get NPC birth certificate or attestation ? Also i will like to know where to get it.

I've asked the same question earlier, nobody answered me but yesterday i was able to get this from the link below which make me conclude that getting the NPC cert with the one i have won't be a crime. I think it is better to get it since most people normally present the NPC one so they'll be expecting something like that from everybody.

If you look at this (official custodian of birth records in the country of birth) on the link i think since NPC is the official custodian for birth record now in Nigeria, one should consider getting it.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#certificates

Hello all,

PLs i will like you to sugest possible solutions, i;ve sent my Ds-230 and other forms back to KCC as Single, but i've schedule my marriage for Oct 2008.
With my CN of 76** I guess i wont be current until say Feb. wat shuld i do, cos i cant leave my wife in Nigeria, we'll have to go together.. PLs i need urgent advice

After marriage

Hello all,

PLs i will like you to sugest possible solutions, i;ve sent my Ds-230 and other forms back to KCC as Single, but i've schedule my marriage for Oct 2008.
With my CN of 76** I guess i wont be current until say Feb. wat shuld i do, cos i cant leave my wife in Nigeria, we'll have to go together.. PLs i need urgent advice

I'll suggest you wait till when you get married in October and immediately after the wedding you'll send another DS-230 form to KCC with a notorised copy of your wedding certificate and other necessary docs may be pix etc.

There are cases like that on DV2008 threads, try take time to go through it i'm sure you'll be more assured.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Cal on Monday

hi all,

please when can I contact KCC for October interview date?

thanks

I think since it's been out for some time now it is better you call them on Monday so that you can start your medicals immediately.

Enjoy.

Pls i'll need clarification for some of us that has long names, but have slight discrepances in our WAEC, degree certificates & other certificates. eg.

I applied & won DV2008 with the name Ola David Adeoye but my WAEC certificate & degree result carries Olaoluwa David Adeoye which was my real name at birth, but i have since truncated it to Ola David Adeoye via NPC. My International Passport also carries Ola David Adeoye and i have used it to enter Uk, SWEden, Jamaica..est but not US

SO the issue now is with my WAEC which still carries Olaoluwa David Adeoye
As for the degree cert. i can have it changed to Ola David Adeoye.

Please advise me on what to do concerning the name on my WAEC cert as thats d basic cert they require..

Ola David Adeoye (Name used for DV2009 application, same name on NPC birth Cert and International Passport )
Olaoluwa David Adeoye (Name on WAEC & degree certificates)
any difference between the two?

Can Affidavit solve this issue? What type will that be?

please will the embassy complaim about this differences, I need some clarifications
Expecting soonest reply.
thanks
Ola David Adeoye

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone in the house,

Please a friend of mine need an information. He will be going for his interview in september and he want to know the procedures and requirements for collecting affidafit of support from his sponsor since he will be going with his family. Information like how much must the person sponsoring have in his bank account and other documents the sponsor needs to send to him. I wiil be glad if the house can help him out with this information.

Thanks.

Read

Hello everyone in the house,

Please a friend of mine need an information. He will be going for his interview in september and he want to know the procedures and requirements for collecting affidafit of support from his sponsor since he will be going with his family. Information like how much must the person sponsoring have in his bank account and other documents the sponsor needs to send to him. I wiil be glad if the house can help him out with this information.

Thanks.

Hi,

Can you have him read up the following links. The first gives him the general info and the forms etc and the 2nd shows the poverty guideline for 2008 which must be met by his sponsor depending on the family size and region.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1327.html

I hope it helps