• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Navigator,
That's A Good Sign. I Know It'll Work Out Fine.
For Some Reason Which I Don't Know, It Looks Like Mails Sent From Yahoo Address Does Not Get Through To Kcc. Anyway, Expect Reply From Kcc In 2 Or 3 Days. It Might Take Less Time To Get A Reply, Since I Sent Mine On A Friday And Got A Reply On Monday After The Weekend.

My Brother,
It Worked Out, For Today I Received The Reply From Kcc Indicating My Interview Date And When My 2nd Letter Has Been Despatched.

I Think People Should Take To This Way Too,
Thanks

Where have all our senior house members gone to?
Just few people contributing nowadays
No more hot contributions or advices from the forum members like previously.
It looks like this thread is gradually winding down to a halt, since September 30 is around the corner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello My People,
I just found out this forum 4 days ago and it really has been very beneficial to me. I change my place of residence, occupation and job after sending my Package. I had sent a mail to kccdv@state.gov but no response, not until i got the trick on the auto response. i used my gmail and i got the response immediately. i am still awaiting the real acceptance though. i am expecting second letter too. i am so glad for those who have theirs already. All the best my people.

Case No 2008AF00019XXX
NL dated 4th April 2007
Received NL in 13th Sept 2007
Forms Returned to KCC 20th sept 2007
Awaiting Second letter

Hello My People,
I just found out this forum 4 days ago and it really has been very beneficial to me. I change my place of residence, occupation and job after sending my Package. I had sent a mail to kccdv@state.gov but no response, not until i got the trick on the auto response. i used my gmail and i got the response immediately. i am still awaiting the real acceptance though. i am expecting second letter too. i am so glad for those who have theirs already. All the best my people.

Case No 2008AF00019XXX
NL dated 4th April 2007
Received NL in 13th Sept 2007
Forms Returned to KCC 20th sept 2007
Awaiting Second letter

Gbenguzy,

Which country do you come from? I hope it's not Nigeria.
If it is so, then your case number has missed the cut off number in the Advance visa bulletin for September 2008.
I guess since you just found this site 4 days ago, then you do not have the information yet.
Check out the following for more information:-http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=245065&page=95

child living abroad

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your contribution to this forum.I have a problem and would like to ask for your advice.I live in Germany with my wife and my child who'll migrate with us lives abroad.(Ghana). Getting my child here is another huge task.i am confused and need your help.

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your contribution to this forum.I have a problem and would like to ask for your advice.I live in Germany with my wife and my child who'll migrate with us lives abroad.(Ghana). Getting my child here is another huge task.i am confused and need your help.

if you can't get him to germany, i guess ur best bet is to have the interview in ghana.

Hi Johnkent,
thanks for your quick response.Have you any idea the kind of visa my child(she) must have to be with us at the frankfurt consulate?
The reason is ,my wife who is a German would not like to go to Ghana because of that.I am really confused.I know KCC is not responsible for such situation.Whos should i asK? frankfurt or Accra?

Gbenguzy,

Which country do you come from? I hope it's not Nigeria.
If it is so, then your case number has missed the cut off number in the Advance visa bulletin for September 2008.
I guess since you just found this site 4 days ago, then you do not have the information yet.
Check out the following for more information:-http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=245065&page=95

Hi Bro/Sis,
I happened to have checked the info online b4 comin to this forum and i am aware of what u just mentioned. I speak wit KCC often and i know that 2nd letters are sent on the 15th of each month. for the month of July. i.e july 15th- aug 15th second letters up to 18450 were sent out. Now for those numbers their visa should be available by september. If u follow these threads carefully, u will observe that visas are still given out in the month of oct and November 2007. What KCC is saying is that if u do not get a second letter response by Sept 30th then yank it, not Visa. You can call KCC to confirm. Thanks

What will happen to Nigerians with numbers higher than 18,450? is that the end of DV-2008? Let someone educate us.

Hello Shadfun,
Do not get stressed, i think that info is short of being correct. Try to read through my post above and go through the bulletin urself. U might also try to cal KCC to confirm. 18450 and below r to secure visas by sept, there is still room for others in subsequent months. If u do not recieve ur second letter by sept 30th then u forfeit it. It is simple. Cheers hope to read frm u.

Hello Shadfun,
Do not get stressed, i think that info is short of being correct. Try to read through my post above and go through the bulletin urself. U might also try to cal KCC to confirm. 18450 and below r to secure visas by sept, there is still room for others in subsequent months. If u do not recieve ur second letter by sept 30th then u forfeit it. It is simple. Cheers hope to read frm u.

thats rite. if you number isn't current for september, thats it for ya.

Hi Johnkent,
thanks for your quick response.Have you any idea the kind of visa my child(she) must have to be with us at the frankfurt consulate?
The reason is ,my wife who is a German would not like to go to Ghana because of that.I am really confused.I know KCC is not responsible for such situation.Whos should i asK? frankfurt or Accra?

are u a german citizen? i really don't know what the procedure would be for him to get a German visa. U'll have to contact the German embassy in Ghana.

Hi Bro/Sis,
I happened to have checked the info online b4 comin to this forum and i am aware of what u just mentioned. I speak wit KCC often and i know that 2nd letters are sent on the 15th of each month. for the month of July. i.e july 15th- aug 15th second letters up to 18450 were sent out. Now for those numbers their visa should be available by september. If u follow these threads carefully, u will observe that visas are still given out in the month of oct and November 2007. What KCC is saying is that if u do not get a second letter response by Sept 30th then yank it, not Visa. You can call KCC to confirm. Thanks

I admire your optimism, Way to go bro, It is not over until it is really over.
I will you the best of luck in your waiting for the 2nd NL letter in Sept 2008 for all case numbers above the cut off of 18450 for Nigerians.
It is the fervent prayer of every Nigerian DV2008 whose case number is above 18450 to receive the second letter before Sept 30th 2008.

Odd Case

Hi all,
I'm a selectee for dvlottery 2009, my case is kind of odd and need your counsel please. During the initial entry I ignorantly included my wife in the application.
I've an F1 visa with a valid 1-20
she was an F1 out of status for more than 180 days.
I know if she shows up during the interview it will be disastrous.
Is it legally acceptable for me being the primary winner to pursue this process minus her? Must you appear with your spouse during the interview if she will mess the whole thing?
I need your advice please.

Hi Bro/Sis,

My brother,
The DV lottery is a continuous thing in that while the interview for DV 2008 is ending by Sept 30, 2008, that of DV 2009 is starting in October 1, 2008.

Like one of my bros said, it is the wish of all of us to get interviewed and get the visa, but note that the cut-off case number for DV 2008 is real and it is 18450. Thats the truth.

hello every body how are you doing.? please you guys should bear with me for not being constant.

1. Does delta Air Lines fly from Lagos Direct to New York and how much?

2. I have a friend who is 2009 Dv winner with case number 14xx.
But he has no Waec and has just registered for the up coming GCE. now because of fear of becoming current when the GCE result is not yet out, he is still with the form.
What do you think?

Delay the form more?
or
Send the form now Before it becomes late?

Delta Airline only direct to Atlanta

delta airline does not go direct to new york,only atlanta,but they can connect u to new york
na big airline na hin i use enter usa,my brothers and sisters,Oluwawithusall dey greet una.
Oluwawithusall

DV 2008 Lucky winners from Nigeria, please meet here, rub minds and discuss issues that will make getting a DV Visa a reality and simple.

God Bless You All

Modest,
how did you receive your SS#? did you go to an office to request it or was it sent directly to you?
thank you,

hi, onyil

hi,

please I am just curious, did you have your interview in lagos? I noticed you collected your visa within a week.
someone had earlier told me the embassy in lagos required a month, which means, someone passport may be with the embassy for one month and if one had to travel to nigeria for the interview you can not return to your base earlier than a month. this has been of concern to me.
Does it take upto a month following successful interview to get the visa?