• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

I am somewhat confused myself. From what I read the $1,010 seems to apply to those who are already in the US and are seeking to adjust their status.

I am not sure what figure would apply to DV applicants doing CP.

IslandGirl,
Can you give a clue based on my querry above. Pls. i'm confused.

How does this affect DV cases? Is the increase across board or specifically to some areas? I will appreciate if those who have a clearer understanding on what it will now cost those of us whose dates have not been scheduled to guide us. God bless you all.
No matter what, we shall arrive safely without any fatality.

Regards!

I have asked someone to get the details from the Embassy for me so that we can all have the idea of what it is.

I have asked someone to get the details from the Embassy for me so that we can all have the idea of what it is.

Pastor, please let us have the information as soon as it is available.
The Almighty God will see us through no matter the hurdles.
Lets keep up our faith

The Giants On The Way

Dear Friends!
I thought it wise to give us this message at this time of our life, permit me to remind you that "The Giants On You Way Is An Evidence That You Have Missed Your Promised Land" If they Like let them take the price to $10,000, we will have no choice than to still pay, do not be among those that will be discouraged with this red sea. My people, we refused to be discouraged, if you want to borrow, please start making arrangement towards that, if you want to raise fund from family and friends, start it now, never and never allow money to be your source of discouragement!

When Israelites were going to their Promised Land, God would have taken care of the Giants on the ways, I mean all the -sites, but He decided to let them alone, paraventures, when they see war, they would turn back. " When You Are Down To Nothing, Then God Is Up To Something!
Strive Hard to get there. You Are A Winner! and You Can If You Think You Can.

Hi houx

Men na wa o ooo for this increment ooooooooooo.
Na only God fit save us from this ppl oooooooooo.
Waitin dey want man picking do now ooo.
Please, Pas.Adebayo just hint us as soon as u hear the latest ok.

Well, no shakin at all, no matter how God go provide for us all.

Hello Great Minds, pls i am about sending my forms back to kcc, but i need clarifications on No. 6 of form DSP-122. which says "check the highest level of education completed" the options are
*High school, no degree
*High school diploma
*college, no degree
*university degree
* advanced degree
*vocational school
*Other_______________________________

Like i mentioned in my previous post, i had National Diploma from a Federal Polytechnic, pls which of the above options will i choose.

Also No. 2 of the same form DSP-122 i.e. RANK ORDER NUMBER (Case number on envelope) - Pls is it my case number (2008AF000111**) that i have to supply here or what?

Thanks in anticipation of your valuable inputs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Friends!
I thought it wise to give us this message at this time of our life, permit me to remind you that "The Giants On You Way Is An Evidence That You Have Missed Your Promised Land" If they Like let them take the price to $10,000, we will have no choice than to still pay, do not be among those that will be discouraged with this red sea. My people, we refused to be discouraged, if you want to borrow, please start making arrangement towards that, if you want to raise fund from family and friends, start it now, never and never allow money to be your source of discouragement!

When Israelites were going to their Promised Land, God would have taken care of the Giants on the ways, I mean all the -sites, but He decided to let them alone, paraventures, when they see war, they would turn back. " When You Are Down To Nothing, Then God Is Up To Something!
Strive Hard to get there. You Are A Winner! and You Can If You Think You Can.

Yes thats it, He that brought us to it he's able to see us through.

Let us pray

I just ask that we pray that the fee increase will not affect new visa applications after July 30.
This is my logic: This fee increase was instituted by USCIS which handles immigration matters WITHIN the US, NOT the Department of States [which handles visa application for foreigners who have not yet stepped into the US.
Therefore, the increase -as is- ONLY applies to those foreigners in the US who are trying to fix their status; not to those outside the US.
The only way this will affect foreign visa applicants is if the U.S. Department of State decides to implement its own price increases.
This gets complicated because countries tend not to "jack up" visa fees arbitrarily because there can be retaliatory price increases by other coutries and they tend to consult with their allies before the prices increase. Some diplomatic negotiation will take place
The US may not care about what Nigeria thinks, but they care about what UK, Canada, Australia etc thinks about visa costs, since the cost increase will be applied to all countries.
The State Dept. may not automatically increase prices [with the USCIS]because it may not actually have any need for the money.
I came across an article last week which explains why USCIS increased their fees:
Some years back, the US Congress decided that since USCIS was mainly providing services to foreigners [within the US], the US govt will no longer use US tax payer money to subsidize the USCIS; yet the USCIS still needs to process these foreigners and implement all the new complex security measures and get new technology [you notice the new finger print screen, no black ink on your fingers and this is transmitted by computer to anywhere in the world, digital pictures, biometrics etc].
Therefore, in a rather cavalier manner, the USCIS has turned to the foreigners to get the money. It is an accurate calculation; there are millions of foreigners scrambling to get into the US. And some of them will pay anything to get in - human smugglers from China and Mexico etc regularly charge thousands of dollars to smuggle in one person; and the person pays back the money by doing slave labour on minimum wage jobs in the US; the women are forced into prostituiton to raise the money.
The USCIS has tapped into this desperation, in order to raise money for its operational costs. Such is life.
My prayer is that the State Dept. will not raise visa fees - one person can hustle for the money; a family of 4 [like wld] may find that to be prohibitive.
We will await intelligence report from Adebayo's contact in the Embassy; in the meantime-let us pray.

I just ask that we pray that the fee increase will not affect new visa applications after July 30.
This is my logic: This fee increase was instituted by USCIS which handles immigration matters WITHIN the US, NOT the Department of States [which handles visa application for foreigners who have not yet stepped into the US.
Therefore, the increase -as is- ONLY applies to those foreigners in the US who are trying to fix their status; not to those outside the US.
The only way this will affect foreign visa applicants is if the U.S. Department of State decides to implement its own price increases.
This gets complicated because countries tend not to "jack up" visa fees arbitrarily because there can be retaliatory price increases by other coutries and they tend to consult with their allies before the prices increase. Some diplomatic negotiation will take place
The US may not care about what Nigeria thinks, but they care about what UK, Canada, Australia etc thinks about visa costs, since the cost increase will be applied to all countries.
The State Dept. may not automatically increase prices [with the USCIS]because it may not actually have any need for the money.
I came across an article last week which explains why USCIS increased their fees:
Some years back, the US Congress decided that since USCIS was mainly providing services to foreigners [within the US], the US govt will no longer use US tax payer money to subsidize the USCIS; yet the USCIS still needs to process these foreigners and implement all the new complex security measures and get new technology [you notice the new finger print screen, no black ink on your fingers and this is transmitted by computer to anywhere in the world, digital pictures, biometrics etc].
Therefore, in a rather cavalier manner, the USCIS has turned to the foreigners to get the money. It is an accurate calculation; there are millions of foreigners scrambling to get into the US. And some of them will pay anything to get in - human smugglers from China and Mexico etc regularly charge thousands of dollars to smuggle in one person; and the person pays back the money by doing slave labour on minimum wage jobs in the US; the women are forced into prostituiton to raise the money.
The USCIS has tapped into this desperation, in order to raise money for its operational costs. Such is life.
My prayer is that the State Dept. will not raise visa fees - one person can hustle for the money; a family of 4 [like wld] may find that to be prohibitive.
We will await intelligence report from Adebayo's contact in the Embassy; in the meantime-let us pray.

My people, if dem like make dem increase to $100,000 person.
All I know be say,our God we give us this BIG thing go give us BIGGER leave to take rap am up.

Let there be a relief

Baba Aladura, how come you got this info before me:D
I can authentically confirm to the house that the new fees has nothing to do with us as said by my people in the embassy, the new fee is charged by USCIS only in the state, it has nothing to do with DV winners offshore, the only place it will affect DV winners is when the winner is going for AOS (adjustment of status) in the US. As for us outside of US of A no quams! the fees remains same, all is well, you need to see how happy i was when they told me yesterday:D :D , they even said if anything like that will be in place, it would have been announced like a month before now. Let's be focused so that nothing derails us and ignore the false alarm please. God bless us.

Hi Bosom,

For your first question, am abit confused between vocational and others but if i were the one, to be on the safe side, i would tick Others and in the space provided under others, fill in National Diplomaabi house??? what are ur opinions.
For your second question yes your rank number is thesame as your case no. 2008AF000111**

I can authentically confirm to the house that the new fees has nothing to do with us as said by my people in the embassy, the new fee is charged by USCIS only in the state, it has nothing to do with DV winners offshore, the only place it will affect DV winners is when the winner is going for AOS (adjustment of status) in the US. As for us outside of US of A no quams! the fees remains same, all is well, you need to see how happy i was when they told me yesterday:D :D , they even said if anything like that will be in place, it would have been announced like a month before now. Let's be focused so that nothing derails us and ignore the false alarm please. God bless us.

That's better:D i told them not to try me and they heard:p :D

Oluwa seun ooo

Men this is good News ooooooooooo.I am now relieved.
Abi, how person for do am especially for a family of four like mine.
Sombody praise the lord!!!

hello friends
whats up with u guys?im doing just fine. its a new month today,hope it holds good things for all of us.this will be a good time to ask pastor to lead us in prayer.
i had the privilage to have a chat i with Obinna...yes that obinna.he said they are messing him up @ the embassy so he is just chilling
@ the moment.he send his apology for ignoring the forum and promised to send in a post soon.
hey Modest,whats happening...i suppose ur number is current ,why we never hear from u concerning ur case .hola back
pls i want to know how many people in this forum live in Abuja

bout the increment,i hope it doesnt apply to us cos even the pepper for the old one na community effort some of us take dey gather am.whatever sha God knows best and he will not abandon his chosen people.

STILL STANN
WAITING FOR THE BIG LEAP