• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Taking Next Gce

Thank you for your contributions and advice. i will fill the forms as single and send back to kcc and later update kcc (after my marriage) as u have rightly advised.

Meanwhile, i am considering sitting for the next GCE, at least to clear the english of a thing, am sure the result will be out before my interview. Do u think, it's a wise idea ?

Thanks for your valuable inputs

Bosom

Hi Everyone,

I came across this forum the week before our interview (April 25th). I must confess I was glad I had 2 read through the threads from page 1 to the last. I even printed pages for my wife to read; actually my wife was the principal applicant. Though i do track when our case becomes current on the net, i never came accross this forum until that week. an am a 24/7 person on the net in the office.

Wonderful contributions or should I say lectures from, Jrcies, mamaj, pastor, wld, Modest and others.

Above all am glad to inform the house that our interview was successful, we were given the pick up slip to pick the visa(s) by end of May.

We will be relocating 2 Atlanta immediately we receive our visa(s) but not until I write my CISA exams in June.

Though as already said in the forum, the interview could be individual specific, but it generally flows in similar patterns. Here is our visa interview experience;

We got 2 the embassy as early as 6.00am; we were checked- in with the letter and a full face passport photo with 2 ears visible (never mind the right ear only as stated somewhere in the instructions and by the touts in front of the embassy)

We were given DV9 paper tag, paid the $375 for my wife, after sitting downstairs for a while we were called for oath and fingerprint, after fingerprint we were directed upstairs.

After sitting for about 3 hrs upstairs around past noon (12.00). We were called to window nine. Before we were called, in our presence 3 applicants were denied! For flimsy reasons the first was on disparity on dob, another was on academic grounds (he could not explain something asked in mathematics and he had A1 in that subject, the last person was an IV applicant not DV, he was refused due to disparity on his documents filed. I was terrified!!!.
So for our interview, the white lady asked our :
Names, dob, when we got married, and if we had kids; which I said not yet
She requested to see our wedding picture, we showed her the pictures, she asked where are my parents and my wife parents, she looked at the registry picture and said my wife parents were not there and she said yes and explained the reason and she saw the elaborated traditional wedding pictures (infact we went with the whole albums).
After that she asked me to go sit down that she need to speak to my wife alone,

I sat across looking at them, she then asked academic questions like;
- You didn’t do Account as a subject in waec and you did Accounting OND and HND why?
My wife explained that account subject is not really a perquisite for studying accounting as far has she had credit in Econs, commerce, govt and Eng & Maths

- You as an accountant, can you explain how you apply knowledge of mathematics, economics to your daily job as Accountant?

Men!!! At that point I was scared, but my wife delivered to my admiration, she said the mathematical knowledge is useful in daily duties of budgeting, payroll and administrative duties and she defined economic for her and also said, economic knowledge is use to overcome the challenges of the meeting unlimited wants of the organisation which has limited resources, she said she therefore has to prioritise needs in their level of priority and importance bla! bla!! bla!.

The Consular officer just laughed and issues her a pick up letter and said Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See u all in America,

Regards to Modest, Mamaj, Pastor, Thonia, Temi, Wld, Trcies and Mauriceeeta.

You all are wonderful people!!!!!!!!!!.

Case no AF20070097XX
Second letter Received 13th March07
Interview date 25/04/07 (Successful)
Pick up letter collected: 25/04/07
Waiting to pick up the Visa(s)

For flimsy reasons the first was on disparity on dob, the last person was an IV applicant not DV, he was refused due to disparity on his documents filed]

Pls. could you pls explain what you meant by this? disparity on nob,did the person applying for the IV visa applied before?
How do you mean by disparity of documents?

The IV applicant mean '(Immigrat Visa applicat) i.e someone who is a US citizen filled for him. and i guess the applicant too sent in some documents that the embassy has tried to confirmed prior to the intv date, we over heard the consulate lady telling the Guy (IV applicant) that she is your sister, not your wife and the guys trying to convince her saying No!! she was my girl friend and we got married Bla!! bla!! Bla!! when she came last time and the officers just said Sorry!! the document didn't reflect that and just turned her back from the Cage " The so call window was like a Banking hall enviroment with full glass demarcation. So as soon as she returned his documents and turned over. thats over (end of intrv)!!!! the applicant has to work away.

It could sound scary!!!!, but God be with everyone! (AMEN)

The other guy with disparity on dob (date of birth) the date on his original online entry was diffrent from his application/birt certificate, incidentially someone else entered the lottery for him, but he tried to explain to the lady that there must have been a mistake by the person that help him to apply but she didn't listen and just refused him and returned his documents.

Hope this help clarifies my intv experience.

Cheers.

Waiting for Visa pick up by end of the month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your contributions and advice. i will fill the forms as single and send back to kcc and later update kcc (after my marriage) as u have rightly advised.

Meanwhile, i am considering sitting for the next GCE, at least to clear the english of a thing, am sure the result will be out before my interview. Do u think, it's a wise idea ?

Thanks for your valuable inputs

Bosom

Yes its the wisest thing to do. Good luck.

hello

Hello my people, I love the way that issues have been trashed out, You guys are brilliant and blessed.

God will do all things and I believe it, at worst everybody will be current by Sept, But My prayer is that it should be before then, so that we can bit time

my brother,u are the way to success

"For the vision is yet for an appointed time, though it tarries, - - - - - it will surely speak. Hab. 2:3 .
My people, though I'm not current but I have great concinction that we shall get there. If you can see it, you will be it. Whatsoever you conceive you will receive. In fact, i don't buy cloths again for Nigeria whether but US of A, I watch mostly american movies these days to see how things are done, I watch CNN to see what's happening! I read about Snow, and so on, what am i saying? I'm telling us all that is that God is still God, and if there's anything weshould be saying IT IS WELL

hi,bros
thanks for that note of encouragement,why thats the way to obtain ur success, so keep on visualising im just like u i love watching cnn int,america movies as well ,reading time magazine .so to attain ur dreams or vision,one needs to focus ahead ok
My good friend now i want u to visualise u are current ok than ur dream will surely come to pass by the special grace of god

Lagos Nigeria.
Nl Received:7/05/2007 Case Number:2007af00013xxx
Sent Back To Kcc:20/07/2006.
Received 2nd Package 8/05/2007
Interview Date June 11th :d

Hello Guys
I Thank God For U Guys For What U Guys Are Really Doing,thats Reveal To Everyone In This Forum That U Are All Brothers Keepers,may The Almight God Use This Oppourtunity U Are Doing By Advising Some Of Us As Well As Guiding To Make U All Be Current B/f This Whole Processs Come To An End.

Well I Just Finish My Medical Check Up In A Day,thats Blood Test And X-ray All In A Day But What Happen Is I Was Told To Come Pick My Medical Result On The 13th Of June But Thats Not What I Was Expecting Ok,i Wanted To Go With The Result To The Interview So As Not To Cause Any Delay Guys I Need Ur Advise On How To Go About This,i Hope I Will Not Be Reshedule For Another Interview Date.and Concerning My Result I Had 6 Credit In My 2001 Result Without English Which Is E8-pass,but I Had C4 In English Thats Nov/dec 1996 So What Should I Do I Need Ur Adise And Guide So As To Retify My Result Ok:d

Thanks Guys I Need Ur Prayer

Lagos Nigeria.

Hello Guys
I Thank God For U Guys For What U Guys Are Really Doing,thats Reveal To Everyone In This Forum That U Are All Brothers Keepers,may The Almight God Use This Oppourtunity U Are Doing By Advising Some Of Us As Well As Guiding To Make U All Be Current B/f This Whole Processs Come To An End.

Well I Just Finish My Medical Check Up In A Day,thats Blood Test And X-ray All In A Day But What Happen Is I Was Told To Come Pick My Medical Result On The 13th Of June But Thats Not What I Was Expecting Ok,i Wanted To Go With The Result To The Interview So As Not To Cause Any Delay Guys I Need Ur Advise On How To Go About This,i Hope I Will Not Be Reshedule For Another Interview Date.and Concerning My Result I Had 6 Credit In My 2001 Result Without English Which Is E8-pass,but I Had C4 In English Thats Nov/dec 1996 So What Should I Do I Need Ur Adise And Guide So As To Retify My Result Ok:d

For you Medicals i advice that you go back to the hospital and explain to them since your interview is 11th ,i believe the will listing to you and give you the result at least by 10th.I know others have done it and it worked.Otherwise you will be rscheduled even if other doc's are okay.

For the waec of a thing, combine the two result.It will be accepted.

Cheers and googluck

______________________:)
Have done interview.
Visa pickup month ending.

Hi Mikabubakar,

Yes you will be asked to come again so that they can see your medical result. My friend was lucky, his result was to come a week after his interview, the consular asked him to come back the day he collects his test and that was it. So you might be asked to come back immediately you receive ur test so that they can conclude on your case.
I think you should combine both result to be on the safe side. you can use the one with 6 credits and if asked about ur having E8 in english then u can present the other one letting them know u made up for it. U have the finally decision to make, family we need u guys in on this one.

Hi Mikabubakar,

Yes you will be asked to come again so that they can see your medical result. My friend was lucky, his result was to come a week after his interview, the consular asked him to come back the day he collects his test and that was it. So you might be asked to come back immediately you receive ur test so that they can conclude on your case.
I think you should combine both result to be on the safe side. you can use the one with 6 credits and if asked about ur having E8 in english then u can present the other one letting them know u made up for it. U have the finally decision to make, family we need u guys in on this one.

Mikabubakar, I think MamaJ is quite right. Goodluck.

Lagos Nigeria.

Hello Guys

hello.
My fellow forumite,pls dont let us read our posts for fun,let try to read and understand for betterment of us.like ur case now,some one told us on this forum that on the day of his medical test,he was given a date that is after his interview,but have to plead and pleaded with the guy before he later change it to a better date before his interview, hadnt been u have pleaded with the person may he would have given u a better date.As it is now u can try ur luck,go back there and see if u can stil speak the person bicos u no say na rushing period we dey and we need to avoid any thing that will leads to postponement of our case.
Bob try ur luck to be on safe side,i hate postponement of case.
On the waec sstuf,two certificate is accepted.no shaking.

Hi Benja,

Thanks for your precision in your reply, and moreso congrats on your success. After grasping your explanation something came to my mind; Are we being invited for interview based on the sequence of our case number or according to when KCC received our form sent back to them. For example our case no is 20***, If I had sent back my form earlier than someone whose case no. is 11*** for instance, will I be called before him?.

Thanks my brother.

okey

The interpretation is this:

About 89000 people won the lottery in the whole World, while about 46000 people won the lottery in Africa. Nigeria, Egypt and Ethopia won the highest with 9800, 8000+ and 7000+ respectively.

There is a clause that no country should be issued more than 7% of the total visa, (50000).Checking it out, Nigeria has a chance of getting 3500 visas.

Consequently, there becomes a restrict in these three countries of Africa to give other Countries the chance of getting there 7% quota.This causes the jump in the cut off of the rest African Countries.

But judging from the last year event, everybody became current by September.If these should repeat this year, then everybody will be interviewed.

Therefore my simple advice is this:

Be ready for the last rush.Infact Knowing this forum and with God's help is enough to make you excel.
For if you should take time to go through the tread of this forum, all the likely questions and the likely anwsers are treated.
So be well prepared.

If you are married, then reverse everything you know about your maraige from courtship to wedding with your wife.All these with dates.These visa vis; When did you meet your wlfe? How? How long did you court? etc.

Go through your academic works, from your Weac (most especially your best subject)to Degree if you are a degree holder.

Your birth certificate must must correspond with what you fill in your NL form.

Above all be prayerfull and also of good courage.

Cheers.

----------------------
Visa Pickup Month ending.

Are we being invited for interview based on the sequence of our case number or according to when KCC received our form sent back to them.

No pal,The progression of the case numbers are in ascending order.
It only matters if you had a low case number

Okechukwu,

The Sequence of interview invitation is base on case number.Where early sent counts is within the monthly cut off numbers.If you had sent your form earlier than others.Your interview will be earlier in the month than others even if your number is the last in the cut off.

Brother, be rest assured that you will be called and you stand the chance of scaling through.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Benja,

Thanks for your precision in your reply, and moreso congrats on your success. After grasping your explanation something came to my mind; Are we being invited for interview based on the sequence of our case number or according to when KCC received our form sent back to them. For example our case no is 20***, If I had sent back my form earlier than someone whose case no. is 11*** for instance, will I be called before him?.

Thanks my brother.

okey

PRAYER TO LIVE FREE FROM WORRY

Prayers That Avail Much

Father, I thank you that I have been delivered from the power of darkness and translated into the kingdom of Your dear Son. I commit to live free from worry in the name of Jesus, for the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

I humble myself under your mighty hand that in due time You may exalt me. I cast the whole of my cares (name them)–all my anxieties, all my worries, all my concerns, once and for all–on You. You care for me affectionately and care about me watchfully. You sustain me. You will never allow the consistently righteous to be moved–made to slip, fall, or fail!

Father, I delight myself in you and you perfect that which concerns me.

I cast down imaginations (reasonings) and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of You, and bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. I lay aside every weight and the sin of worry which does try so easily to beset me. I run with patience the race that is set before me, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of my faith.

I thank you father, that You are able to keep that which I have committed unto You. I think on (fix my mind on) those things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and deserving of praise. I let not my heart be troubled. I abide in Your words, and Your Words abide in me. Therefore, Father, I do not forget what manner of person I am. I look into the perfect law of liberty and continue therein, being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the Word and thus blessed in my doing!

Thank you, Father. I walk in that peace which passes all understanding in Jesus' name! Amen.

Thanks Benja & Jrcies,

Your explanations were quite illuminating, may the good Lord grant us favour in all our dealings.

Best of luck to all of us in-waitng.

Regards...

Okey

Lagos Nigeria.

well u guys thanks a million for ur advise,i never had it to go back but i sure will go back so as to talk to the management about my case.i pray they fix adate thats before my interview.

About my waec combination does it tell that i have to make two waec verification for the two waec result or just one waec verification and my wife too because she had two combine results as well four credits in certificate one credit in the other certificate but if is gonna be like that ,i think it will really cost me lot of money like #20,000 for both of us ,guys i need some advise on this issue,those it mean we have to do 4 verification for 4 waec resuls pls i want to know people of god in da house.

Hello,
I've been following this forum before my interview last year december, and it helps alot.
My word for you guys is to be confidence whenever you're going for your interview and make sure you give them the the same details sent to KCC. With these there should be no problem. Five DV winners were denied in my presence that day due to wrong informations. So, I'm endeavour you guys to scrutinise your documents very well before going and make sure you give them the details sent to KCC. Also, be sured your place of birth, Date of birth are the same.
Lastly, try to know about your Job, best O level subject before going for the interview, the definition and most important things. During my interview, because I have distinction in Mathematics the consulate officer gave me a question to solve for x as in "x2 + 9x + 6 = 0". Actually she gave me a pen but suprisingly I gave her the answer off hand immediately, she was very happy. I spent less than 3 minute before she gave my pick up slip. If any one of you miss the first question you don't need to be panic, they will give you another question. If you prepare yourself a head you woudn't have any problem.
These are my advice to you all.

Lagos Nigeria.

well u guys thanks a million for ur advise,i never had it to go back but i sure will go back so as to talk to the management about my case.i pray they fix adate thats before my interview.

About my waec combination does it tell that i have to make two waec verification for the two waec result or just one waec verification and my wife too because she had two combine results as well four credits in certificate one credit in the other certificate but if is gonna be like that ,i think it will really cost me lot of money like #20,000 for both of us ,guys i need some advise on this issue,those it mean we have to do 4 verification for 4 waec resuls pls i want to know people of god in da house.

Apparently,you still haven't read through the thread.
It is the principal applicant that need meet the requirement.
If you are combining your results and you don't the certificates of the result, then you need to verify them all