• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

it is good that we have all information reqiured and we will not miss our interview date due to lateness of 2nd package, pls if you have to re-schedule ur interview, i will advice that you shift backwards instead of forward, i hope you will all agree with me
hello how is everybody doing.is it possible to move farward the interview date

hello how is everybody doing.is it possible to move farward the interview date

Yes u can reshedule ur interview date but people that attended their interview on the appointed dates are giving priority over people that resheduled.U can verify this at the Lagos USA embassy website.
Do not reschedule unless it is absolutely necessary.

[COLOR="Blue"]Congrats doubledroy and all the best with your remaining hustles.

I have a question:
1) I lost my Birth Certificate, but I have a certified true copy from the Local Government I was born. Is this valid for the purpose of DV 2007?[/color]

Let there be hope... my people

though we have high case numbers, pls. lets be optimistic. base on my calculations, there is about 260 working days in the fiscal yr 2007(oct 06-sept 07) and if about 13 visas are issued daily
then 13 x 260 =3,380 which is not up to total no of visa for nigeria.
then the visa will still be available till sept 30,2007. so people with high case numbers, let us believe that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

i was at the embassy today and i noticed small number of dv that came 4 interview
case no... 30xxx

Hi

Congrats! Congrats! 'Doubledroy' for ur successful interview and May our own be successful too when the time comes. Happy pick-up and May God provide other funds for ur trip to the State and ours too.
To those of us who are still looking, may that come soon too.
Have a nice and blessed day ahead.

birth certificate

[COLOR="Blue"]Congrats doubledroy and all the best with your remaining hustles.

I have a question:
1) I lost my Birth Certificate, but I have a certified true copy from the Local Government I was born. Is this valid for the purpose of DV 2007?[/color]

i think u should be able to get another birth certificate at the local government, b ut somebody mention NPC, which mamaj has requested that more light should be thrown upon it, doubleroy should answer soon but i dont know how soon.
i will sincerely advice that u get another birth certificate back-dated at the local government, they will charge some money that i feel you should be able to afford depending on ur negociating power

princessmax

hi everyone,
when i did my interview i used a certified true copy from my local government and there was no hassle, but the reason i used it was because the one i got from NPC had a wrong name on it and i got it a day before my interview so i was left with no other choice than to use the certified true copy from the LG.

why i am explaining this to u is that if u can try to get the one from NPC then please do in fact get it. ur mind will be at rest.

sorry there is somebody am worried about and that is OBINNA. where are you?
to everybody in the house, thanks for staying in the house and God will see us through. have a nice day.

hi everyone,
when i did my interview i used a certified true copy from my local government and there was no hassle, but the reason i used it was because the one i got from NPC had a wrong name on it and i got it a day before my interview so i was left with no other choice than to use the certified true copy from the LG.

why i am explaining this to u is that if u can try to get the one from NPC then please do in fact get it. ur mind will be at rest.

to everybody in the house, thanks for staying in the house and God will see us through. have a nice day.

About the NPC Date of birth attestation, i did mine at Ibadan for less than N4000 and everything was ok,i later found my old Birth certificate after doing the NPC stuff.
Well as regards Obinna,i am so worried about him too cos its been i along time he posted on the forum.The last time he came on he said something about being called to conclude his interview at the embassy.
I mailed him but i didnt get a reply.

Obinna pls lets hear from u cos we care so much.

hi everyone,

The last time we heard from OBINNA was that he has been re-scheduled for another interview, since then, no words from him has been heard.

Obinna Where @ thou?

Obinna Where @ thou? house wants to hear from you plsssssssss.

Thank you everyone in the house. This forum is not just a forum, it is a "BODY". We might have come from different part of the country or might not have seen ourselves physically but the spirit of positivity is so strong. I will encourage each and everyone of us to be our brothers/sisters keeper, so lets try and know where Obinna is even if it will involve calling him on his mobile if anyone knows.

For those who has left like WLD/2Tree etc, please try and build a body of "good Nigerian" so that any one who leave to any state in the US will still belong to this body and from there we can think about the good of this country and reform the image as well. We can make things happen cos I know we are all getting there.

We can become "a mighty ocean" from "a little drop of water". All we need right now is prayer and encouragement for those that are still here and for those that has left.

May God help and bless everyone of us in Jesus name (Amen).

ya its been a wondaful time in this forum,i wish u all success in all ur endeavours
stay blessed
bimbo.

hi there people.i have a question.
If the police certificate demanded by the embassy must be 3 months old,is it wise to do it on ones own within the last few months of the fiscal yr or will it be wiser to wait till you are give a go ahead by the embassy(consider ther time pls)
thanx a lot

STANN
WAITING FOR GREAT LEAP

hi there people.i have a question.
If the police certificate demanded by the embassy must be 3 months old,is it wise to do it on ones own within the last few months of the fiscal yr or will it be wiser to wait till you are give a go ahead by the embassy(consider ther time pls)
thanx a lot

STANN
WAITING FOR GREAT LEAP

The validity of the Police report is 3 month.
I will suggest you wait till your number is current before you get the police report as it take just a day or two for it to be ready.

i think u should be able to get another birth certificate at the local government, b ut somebody mention NPC, which mamaj has requested that more light should be thrown upon it, doubleroy should answer soon but i dont know how soon.
i will sincerely advice that u get another birth certificate back-dated at the local government, they will charge some money that i feel you should be able to afford depending on ur negociating power

Thanks Modest, I was told at the Local Government that they cannot issue another original but a true certified copy.

though we have high case numbers, pls. lets be optimistic. base on my calculations, there is about 260 working days in the fiscal yr 2007(oct 06-sept 07) and if about 13 visas are issued daily
then 13 x 260 =3,380 which is not up to total no of visa for nigeria.
then the visa will still be available till sept 30,2007. so people with high case numbers, let us believe that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

i was at the embassy today and i noticed small number of dv that came 4 interview
case no... 30xxx

Nice one, thanks for this, I hope this brings kind of comfort to those of us with high case numbers

To Doubledroy

Congratulations Man!!!! your experience is so cool!!!!! God has truly favoured everbody in this forum. We'll all get there.
I need some answers from ya;

[1] Where do i find NPC in lagos [address]

[2] How long did it take before you could get your birth certificate and

[3] How much did u pay for the birth certificate

[1] Mama J, I'm sorry I don't know about Lagos, I did mine in Abeokuta. Actually I went to my home town LGA office with the intention of getting a backdated birth certificate but i was directed to LGA NPC office who told me that any age before 1992, only attestation of birth will be issued and from there to state HQ NPC office in Abeokuta. But lagos processing shouldn't be stressful. Just visit the nearest LGA NPC office for further directions.

[2] Normally it should take about a week, so please apply early if needed

[3] In Abeokuta I paid N2000 into NPC bank account, I dont know about Lagos you might spend up to N3000 to N4000