• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

was any reason given for this? because only my two fingers were captured when i did mine.

No particular reason was given but they just said i need it to conclude my case.Another thing i deduced is dat most people that are asked to do fingerprints are guys who the principal applicants happened to be there wife.Not in all cases sha but embassy know better

:D
Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllo House and Jubilations and Congratulations and Hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
hey big up mamaj and wld for asking after me you are just the two people that missed me, all others did not say they did, I actually was out of station for an errand, and they blocked their system from any other internet site no thanks to internet virus.
You would imagine only the company site or no internet browsing, thank God am out of there and finish their o'level job.
Congratulations, I had to read everything in the forum while I was away and meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen, it's been testimony galoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, am so happy for all of you, David (the newest member), every body, am particularly happy for Temi, though you did not realy give us the details,
Wld big up, 2 Tee how united states, now that the weather is cool, pls visit ALL U CAN EAT and treat the family nice, Adebayo thanks for not asking after me, i hope you have been praying for me sha,
jrcies, baba agba, stann, mauriceeta and every other person big up

My point of entry is also Mary-land and i will stay in hyasville, MamaJ, you know we need to meet there, and i guess you know what i mean, big up and enjoy yourself.

God bless every body

Its not like that my dear, i was away for some time too, and am back now; all thesame i will still say am sorry cos i should ask after you really.
How u dey? how was ur trip? hope all is well, cos it gat to be well ni o.
Stay blessed till i see you face to face in AME.:D

Congrat Temi and Maurice on picking up your Visas for real...

Enjoy your new status guys, you deserve it!!!

Maryland will be my port of entry too...that makes us about 3 now...we fit begin family meeting there :D when we get there

:D hahahahahah family meeting!!!!!!! I almost feel out of my chair when i read this. but come oh na true talk be this. would be so nice if we all meet in the usa:D u guys shd make sure we all meet in maryland.

“I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O LORD, will I sing. I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes...” Psalm 101:1-3a

Last edited by a moderator:
Man Modest, Nice to have u back. I was going to send a search team to search u out from where ever u were at, now we all can rest knowing u are okay. So Maryland is your point of entry too, hmmm nice making we 4. we definately must start a family meeting. Am going to Elkridge.

To Temi,

Men, that was some story!!!!! and true,,, what would have happened if you had a high case number??? well for me, i know i'll keep calling and bombarding the embassy, every sec, min, hr and day till my case is reviewed [lol] They will have no choice but to give me what rightly belongs to me!!!!

Greetings to all and thanks for all the advice and encouragement from members in the forum. Congratulations to all those who have managed to get their visas/interviews. I wish you all the best. I need some help! I legalized my marriage just after I received the 1st package. We have a three-year-old daughter. Should I change the name on my passport? Haven’t changed my ID yet. Can this affect me on the day of the interview? All my official documents have my names. I am the principal applicant and am scared if I change the names on my passport they will be diff from the ones given to KCC.

Hi Bia,

You don't need to change the name on ur passport. since u have the marriage certificate, from your marriage certificate they will see that u are thesame person transformed from being single to married.
U don't need to be afraid. U were single when u gave those details to KCC right? what u shd do now is mail kcc with your certificate to show u are married.
Write kcc and inform them of your new status. You can also ask them any question you need.
Another solution if you are afraid is to make a new passport carrying ur new name but don't change the names on your doc. I hope this will help you but it's opened to the house to contibute and make corrections where necessary.

Hi Modest,welcome back !I felt i should not bore the house with my story but this might really help someone.
Firstly, i must say a big thank you to Thonia and Niran.Thonia had the same issue and she gave me insight on how to go about it and also Niran,i believe he too will share his testimony this week.
Actually,i would say for my case,the delay i encountered was human error from the embassy.We did our interview Dec'6 and they did not inform us that i need to do full fingerprints until 3weeks after the interview,barely a week b4 the pickup date jan5.
i paid $85 and it was done the same jan5th.The guy that did it said i should come back the following week but that they will call me to come and pickup(which they never did ).Went there d following week jan9 and we were told that they will call us.sent mail to them feb13th,still not ready!sent anoda mail march 10th ,no response!my wife decided to pay them a visit on the march 16 and requested that i should come and re-do fingerprints the following monday19th.We entered with the enquiry crowd and turned in our papers for the enquiry guy who said there is nothing showing on his system about redoing it.He asked us to sit down cos he wants to take d case to him ogas.15mins later,i got the shocker of my life,a lady called us to window 'F' and she said"We are sorry,everything is ok now,you can come and pickup on friday23rd march".i felt like screaming.Anyway we piked up for real the following monday.Thats my story oooo
Supposing my case-number is high,please what would have happened? Food for thought!!!
Thanks
congratulation,victory at last,am happy 4 u o.hurayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

This is great

Hi Modest,welcome back !I felt i should not bore the house with my story but this might really help someone.
Firstly, i must say a big thank you to Thonia and Niran.Thonia had the same issue and she gave me insight on how to go about it and also Niran,i believe he too will share his testimony this week.
Actually,i would say for my case,the delay i encountered was human error from the embassy.We did our interview Dec'6 and they did not inform us that i need to do full fingerprints until 3weeks after the interview,barely a week b4 the pickup date jan5.
i paid $85 and it was done the same jan5th.The guy that did it said i should come back the following week but that they will call me to come and pickup(which they never did ).Went there d following week jan9 and we were told that they will call us.sent mail to them feb13th,still not ready!sent anoda mail march 10th ,no response!my wife decided to pay them a visit on the march 16 and requested that i should come and re-do fingerprints the following monday19th.We entered with the enquiry crowd and turned in our papers for the enquiry guy who said there is nothing showing on his system about redoing it.He asked us to sit down cos he wants to take d case to him ogas.15mins later,i got the shocker of my life,a lady called us to window 'F' and she said"We are sorry,everything is ok now,you can come and pickup on friday23rd march".i felt like screaming.Anyway we piked up for real the following monday.Thats my story oooo
Supposing my case-number is high,please what would have happened? Food for thought!!!
Thanks

Am happy for you for scaling through this, Devil is a liar.
My brother read the sign WELCOME TO AMERICA it is well.
For all of us since we know this, pls anytime you go for interview and they say 'come back for pick up', I beg ask them if there is no other thing for you to do , like finger print, you know this people are not particularlay exceptional, they are also human but will not believe it.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF US.

Thanks

:D

Its not like that my dear, i was away for some time too, and am back now; all thesame i will still say am sorry cos i should ask after you really.
How u dey? how was ur trip? hope all is well, cos it gat to be well ni o.
Stay blessed till i see you face to face in AME.:D

THANK YOU MY BROTHER, MY TRIP WAS NICE AND I HOPE U ENJOYED YOURS TOO, BUT AM FULLY BACK AND TRUST GOD ALL IS VERY VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL

Yes

Man Modest, Nice to have u back. I was going to send a search team to search u out from where ever u were at, now we all can rest knowing u are okay. So Maryland is your point of entry too, hmmm nice making we 4. we definately must start a family meeting. Am going to Elkridge.

To Temi,

Men, that was some story!!!!! and true,,, what would have happened if you had a high case number??? well for me, i know i'll keep calling and bombarding the embassy, every sec, min, hr and day till my case is reviewed [lol] They will have no choice but to give me what rightly belongs to me!!!!

YES AM TRUELY BACK AND YOU KNOW YOU HAVE A GOOD REASON TO ORGANISE A SEARCH TEAM, AS PER IN-LAW LEVEL, YOU KNOW
THIS FAMILY MEETING IS FOR REAL AND MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN IT WILL BE VERY STRONG.

TEMI'S CASE NOT AN ENVIABLE ONE AND I CAN IMAGINE THE STRESS AND SLEEPLESS NIGHT THE GUY WOULD HAVE GONE THROUGH, I PRAY GOD WILL NOT LET THAT SITUATION TO OCCUR TO ANY BODY IN THIS FORUM AGAIN, COS WHAT WE READ IN MY OWN THOUGHT WAS JUST AN EXECUTIVE SUMMARY, ALL OTHERS LIKE PHONE BILL AND ALL SORTS ARE BETTER IMAGINED

Change Of Name

Greetings to all and thanks for all the advice and encouragement from members in the forum. Congratulations to all those who have managed to get their visas/interviews. I wish you all the best. I need some help! I legalized my marriage just after I received the 1st package. We have a three-year-old daughter. Should I change the name on my passport? Haven’t changed my ID yet. Can this affect me on the day of the interview? All my official documents have my names. I am the principal applicant and am scared if I change the names on my passport they will be diff from the ones given to KCC.

MAIL KCC LIKE MAMAJ SAID,
IF U DO A CHANGE OF NAME ALL FORMER DOCUMANTS REMAIN VALID, SO ALL YOUR FORMER DOCUMENTS WILL REMAIN, ALL THE SAME SINCE YOU JUST FORMELISED UR MARRIAGE FOR PAPER WORK SAKE, YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE ALL THE FAMILY PHOTOGRAPH BECAUSE FROM THE AGE OF UR BABY U AV BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST THREE YEARS

Temi

More than mountain rolled away!! You can imagine the tension but i give God the praise.We are looking at after Easter but we will confirm this weekend.POE should have been Florida but we are changing it to Maryland cos i lost the job i got initially at Florida (thanks to embassy delay).

2Tee thanks and hope u are enjoying Atlanta(right?).

I JUST DISCOVERED THAT YOU REMOVED ALL THE SMILES IN YOUR SIGNATURE, PLEASE PUT THEM BACK WITH IMMEDIATE 'ALLACRITY'
YOU HAVE WON THE BATTLE AND TRUST GOD, THIS IS JUST THE BEGINING GOOD TESTIMONIES IN UR LIFE AND JOURNEY.
ALL OF US WILL HAVE COURSE TO SAY THANK YOU LORD

If you had taken the time to read through all the thread, you would have found the answers to your questions,anyway....to add to what MamaJ said.

I hope you included your daughter's details in the initial DV07 application form?
If you are the principal applicant,then you need to inform KCC immediately about your new status for update.

Send then another form DS-230 Part 1 & 2 for your husband with your marriage certificate alongside a covering letter, stating the reasons.

You will also need to get another passport that will indicate your husband's name to be your surname.
Other than this, you could find yourself in problem during your interview

Urgent question pls

Dear All,
I have very important question .The question goes thUS:
My wife (the principal applicant) has her maiden name on certificates she acquired after our wedding.Would that in any way pose a problem during our consular interview?
Pls in desperately need answers to this que.

Thank u

Hi shelnkid,

I don't think it should pose any problem. All you need to proof is that she had not officially changed her name when those certificates were acquired.
That's what I think. HOUSE!!!!!! PLS HELP

hello guys
case no 2007AF0003***
2ND NL YET NOT RECEVIED
BUT EXPECTING IN MAY 2007
PLS WHAT IS RECEIPT OF WAEC?
IS IT REQUIRED PLS I NEED A REPLY
And my second question goes like this,im a student of university of lagos,a final year student in civil engineering[bsc inview)but married to a student too in the same institution but in mass comm.dept im a naive of kano state but my wife is from abia state. so guy what can of questions got be throw at me at the consular center?
And the third Question is before my interview what is the exact amount im suppose to pay?
thank u guy for a wonderful job u are doing in this forumpls i need advice and answer to those three question thank u,may god bless u all and grant u success in ur interview. michael abubakar garuba

Hi shelnkid,

I don't think it should pose any problem. All you need to proof is that she had not officially changed her name when those certificates were acquired.
That's what I think. HOUSE!!!!!! PLS HELP

Thank u MamaJ for ur quick response.I need Opinions from other members of the house.Pls lets Brain storm on the issue so as to find a perfect way around it.
Once again thank u for ur response MamaJ.

Thanks

thanks for the information.what do u mean by full fingerprint?
modest is nice to have u back.have a nice day everyone.

thanks my brother, congratz on ur visa, i hope u don gather enough ticket money, she na immediately u wan leave abi u go still play small for nigeria

for Bia

If you had taken the time to read through all the thread, you would have found the answers to your questions,anyway....to add to what MamaJ said.

I hope you included your daughter's details in the initial DV07 application form?
If you are the principal applicant,then you need to inform KCC immediately about your new status for update.

Send then another form DS-230 Part 1 & 2 for your husband with your marriage certificate alongside a covering letter, stating the reasons.

You will also need to get another passport that will indicate your husband's name to be your surname.
Other than this, you could find yourself in problem during your interview

if you have applied for visa or have visas with ur current passport, then you don't need another passport, just take it to immigration for observation