• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Thanks Jrcies

Thanks, my situation is more or less the same as Shelnkid. I sent all the forms to KCC i.e My hubby's, my daughter's and mine plus a certified copy of our marriage certificate. So There wans't any change of name. Thanks again

not really

Dear All,
I have very important question .The question goes thUS:
My wife (the principal applicant) has her maiden name on certificates she acquired after our wedding.Would that in any way pose a problem during our consular interview?
Pls in desperately need answers to this que.

Thank u

It is very possible that she had started the programme that gave her the certificate before you got married, so she would not need to change the name midway into the programme, since the marriage certificate will state, that she is still the same person,
I should think this reason is reasonable

Dear All,
My wife (the principal applicant) has her maiden name on certificates she acquired after our wedding.Would that in any way pose a problem during our consular interview?

Thank u

Shelnkid, in my own opinion i think so long you have not done the change of name publicly in the Media or in any of our local gazettes, any document obtained after your marriage date that carries your wife's maiden name should be ok, only that you know these guys at the embassy can be funny sometimes, they can ask why did she not bear her Husband's surname after marriage; because they believe everything should have changed from the date of marriage, now my questions to you are:
1. how long was it from the date of your marriage to the time she got these documents? if its less than a month i don't think there should be any problem, within a month she should have done the change of name thing and every document before then will still remain valid.

2. Like Modest said has she been on a program that fetched her these DOCs before you 2 got married? or is it a DOC obtained outrightly after marriage? give us details about the type of DOC you mean then we can analyse it properly.
In any case i will call someone at the embassy and ask, then i get back to you. But i don't think it should be a problem at all. Abi House?
Think tanks wetin una think? this is a vital question for us o, Pls house let's help out.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont think so

Shelnkid, in my own opinion i think so long you have not done the change of name publicly in the Media or in any of our local gazettes, any document obtained after your marrige date that carries your wife's maiden name should be ok, only that you know these guys at the embassy can be funny sometimes, they can ask why did she not bear her Husband's surname after marriage; because they believe everything should have changed from the day of marriage, now my question to you is
1. how long was it from the date of your marriage to the time she got those documents? if its less than a month i don't think there should be any problem, within a month she should have done the change of name thing and every document before then will still remain valid.

2[.B]Like Modest said[/B], has she been on these programs before you 2 got married, or is it a DOC obtained outrightly after marriage? give us details about the type of DOC you mean then we can analysis it properly.
In any case i will call someone at the embassy and ask, then i get back to you. but i don't think it should be a problem at all. Abi House; Think tanks wetin una think? this is a vital question for us o, Pls let's help out.

i dont think there should be any problem with this issue, just back it up with prayer, more so how old is ur marriage, i think they particularly get furious with young couples, believe the marriage was arranged beacuse of the visa

marriage

Shelnkid, in my own opinion i think so long you have not done the change of name publicly in the Media or in any of our local gazettes, any document obtained after your marrige date that carries your wife's maiden name should be ok, only that you know these guys at the embassy can be funny sometimes, they can ask why did she not bear her Husband's surname after marriage; because they believe everything should have changed from the day of marriage, now my question to you is
1. how long was it from the date of your marriage to the time she got those documents? if its less than a month i don't think there should be any problem, within a month she should have done the change of name thing and every document before then will still remain valid.

2[.B]Like Modest said[/B], has she been on these programs before you 2 got married, or is it a DOC obtained outrightly after marriage? give us details about the type of DOC you mean then we can analyse it properly.
In any case i will call someone at the embassy and ask, then i get back to you. but i don't think it should be a problem at all. Abi House; Think tanks wetin una think? this is a vital question for us o, Pls let's help out.

how about ur marriage now, which one?

Thank u all

Oh i am impressed by the way u guys answered my question.:) Thank u so very much.This is a very Good spirit i hope we shall maintain ven when we get to America.Adebayo, to answer ur que, she started the program b4 we fomalised our union and so therefore the certificates bears her maiden name(she completed the program about 5 months after the wedding).She also sat for NECO in NOV/DEC 2003 to make up for a deficiencies in one of subjects required to collect her ND certificate in her School(thats about 9 months after our wedding).The Nec results and the OND certificate both bears her Maiden name(We have not done the change of name in any of the national dailies but we have a document stating that all documents remain valid after our wedding at the registry).
I hope the information provided will give u guys a better insight into my situation.
Thank u all.
I hope to hear from u guys soooooooneeeeeeeeest

Dear All,

Thank u

firstly,u need to give us d true picture!D certificate in her maiden name did she started d course b4 u guys got married or after!if she started d course b4 d marriage and ends it after d marriage,i think there is no problem.We also had the same issue which never bugged us.BUT,if it is after marriage ,i think there will be an issue.Please clarify and tell us d certificate.Thanks

Oh i am impressed by the way u guys answered my question.:) Thank u so very much.This is a very Good spirit i hope we shall maintain ven when we get to America.Adebayo, to answer ur que, she started the program b4 we fomalised our union and so therefore the certificates bears her maiden name(she completed the program about 5 months after the wedding).She also sat for NECO in NOV/DEC 2003 to make up for a deficiencies in one of subjects required to collect her ND certificate in her School(thats about 9 months after our wedding).The Nec results and the OND certificate both bears her Maiden name(We have not done the change of name in any of the national dailies but we have a document stating that all documents remain valid after our wedding at the registry).
I hope the information provided will give u guys a better insight into my situation.
Thank u all.
I hope to hear from u guys soooooooneeeeeeeeest

That's it since she has been on the program b4 marriage case closed.
I can tell you, you have nothing to worry about, since you are a bit worried on it, take it to God; with him remember ALL things are possible.:D

firstly,u need to give us d true picture!D certificate in her maiden name did she started d course b4 u guys got married or after!if she started d course b4 d marriage and ends it after d marriage,i think there is no problem.We also had the same issue which never bugged us.BUT,if it is after marriage ,i think there will be an issue.Please clarify and tell us d certificate.Thanks

Thank u Temi for finding time to contribute.
Yes She started her OND before we got married and after the marriage she registered for Neco GCE so as to make up for her deficiency in English Language without which she cannot collect the OND certificate.She had her maiden name on the NECO result and the OND CERTIFICATE.

I hope i have been able to throw more light on the issue.
Expecting ur response.

which is good

Don't worry you will come and eat rice during my wedding in NY, then we will talk about the one btw your girl and your in-law mamaj's son.
this is good to hear, i hope u have concluded all her travelling arrangements

That's it since she has been on the program b4 marriage case closed.
I can tell you, you have nothing to worry about, since you are a bit worried on it, take it to God; with him remember ALL things are possible.:D

Adebayo thank u a million times for ur words of Encouragement.I really do appreciate it.

like this

Thank u Temi for finding time to contribute.
Yes She started her OND before we got married and after the marriage she registered for Neco GCE so as to make up for her deficiency in English Language without which she cannot collect the OND certificate.She had her maiden name on the NECO result and the OND CERTIFICATE.

I hope i have been able to throw more light on the issue.
Expecting ur response.

a good reason is she started the programme before u got married
2nd she had registered for the exams before u got married, the period between reistration of neco or waec and the release of result is approximately one year and i hope all the results do not have upto one year interval with ur marriage

this is good to hear, i hope u have concluded all her travelling arrangements

Am sure she's waiting for me there:) , Surprised! that's God for you:D .
i will send a private mail to u. Stay blessed.

Gat to go, see u all on tuesday,
Nice weekend and happy holiday on Monday. Bye

Last edited by a moderator:
a good reason is she started the programme before u got married
2nd she had registered for the exams before u got married, the period between reistration of neco or waec and the release of result is approximately one year and i hope all the results do not have upto one year interval with ur marriage

No the intervals are not up to a year.The OND is like is like 4 months and the NECO like 9 months after our wedding.
Thank u very much for ur time.

good information

No the intervals are not up to a year.The OND is like is like 4 months and the NECO like 9 months after our wedding.
Thank u very much for ur time.

then if they ask
she had registered before u got married, tell me what u feel,
i hope u have enough answers and brains have stormed.
so i need ur own opinion now

Thanks

So be it unto you too and as well unto everyone of us, the Bible says: for its the Lord's doing and its marvellous in our eyes.

thank you my brother, enjoy ur weekend, i look forward to your mail

which holiday is on monday