• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

wld said:
Hello guys,

Sorry for our absence from the forum for a while. By the time you check out the signature below, you'll understand why.

Praise God, we finally got our visas on January 23, 07 at about 4p.m after waiting for almost three hours at the embassy! :D Perhaps people like Modest will now believe that the whole DV process is true afterall.

Pickup time was supposed to be 2p.m and I thought it was going to be quick. Was surprised to meet close to a 100 people there and I was there in the waiting room till we were three people left. You can imagine how fast my heart was beating and all the thoughts going through my head when the minutes were ticking by and I still wasn't called.

Anyway, I finally collected the 4 visas at about 4p.m and immediately set out to buy tickets in Ikeja. Purchased tickets at about 5p.m and believe it or not, I left Nigeria with my family on the following day 24th! Point of entry was Atlanta via Amsterdam. Quite a long flight but we went through customs quite easily and we saw the difference between non-immigrants and immigrants because our own queue was so short while others were long.

God has been so faithful, before we left and even after we arrived. It's like that verse of the bible that says "when the Lord turned around the captivity of Zion, they were like them that dreamed".

While we were trying to put money together for economy tickets, a friend volunteered to sponsor the trip and insisted we came via business class tickets. He sent money for business class tickets for the whole family and thank God for those tickets 'cos the journey was long especially for the children. Amsterdam to Atlanta alone was 9hrs.

Same person gave my wife a job since April last year (though we didn't tender that at the embassy) and she starts work tomorrow. She had a deadline to resume on Monday and so we had to take the risk of selling our property even without the visas, praying fervently that there would be no change in collection date from the embassy. Now you understand how my heart was panting as the names were being called at the embassy on the collection date. We had put everything on the line for us to travel immediately.Please I do not and neither does the embassy advise you to do that if you're not led by God. We took the risk and thank God it paid off.

Guys, God is faithful. Just as He has surprised us and is still surprising us, He will surprise you too! We cannot begin to enumerate the various surprises that we had waiting for us here when we arrived.

We wish you all the best and we will try to keep in touch.

Love you all and keep trusting Him.

WLD :cool:

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! this is amazing. God is just too much. Tears came down my eyes as i read from WLD. I cldn't help it.
You guys didn't waste any time at all. I love your style but like you said, we shd be led before we take any steps. Congratulations to u guys and this is what i pray for everyone in this forum.
Modest!! ahhhhh u have given out ur daugther when my son was about to accept the offer :D Thank God for this forum. Thank you Jrcies for starting this forum.

That is the word

obinna43 said:
My dear brodas and sistas,
I really happy for wld and the entire family big congtrat to u guys.
shilnkid,it seems u have been following my thread,anyway thanks for that question i have paid to NECO to send the satement of the result to the embassy before the interview date.
for the second question u know that i was asked to come fro my interview before the date despite that the medical result was still on the process so they said i should come long with my medical result when they call on me again,i think base on what they said i have to hold on to my medical result until they re-invite me again and i have sent several mail to embassy and i have been there too as well for confirmation of the re-invitation.
:) it was so funny everybody in the room was mad at my coment been negetive and as from today i will always try to be positive no matter what.
Thnks u all for ur concern and God almighty will surely see us through.

Yes Obinna,
the real and only language is positive and possibilities, that is the rule of the game,
God will sure give you course to smile

my sister

MamaJ said:
Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! this is amazing. God is just too much. Tears came down my eyes as i read from WLD. I cldn't help it.
You guys didn't waste any time at all. I love your style but like you said, we shd be led before we take any steps. Congratulations to u guys and this is what i pray for everyone in this forum.
Modest!! ahhhhh u have given out ur daugther when my son was about to accept the offer :D Thank God for this forum. Thank you Jrcies for starting this forum.

Heloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
You can see from WLD act that we dont waist time these days, :rolleyes: and am still a Nigerian you know fast and sharp :p , i had to pick up the other offer before you son finish his consideration.
These days you dont think but you act :) fast for that matter :cool:

No mind me, am just joking

how you dey and i hope the waiting game is not wieghing you down, am also waiting and very anxious

nice day

shelnkid said:
Hello,
I am so happy for you Guys.Infact this is the kind of News that Gladens my heart.You mentoned your POE was Atlanta,coincidentally thats where i and my family hope to move to as soon as we recieve our Visas.
Could you give me an insight into the cost of flight(Economy class) to Atlanta.
I will want to know all this so as to prepare myself(We are a family of 4) believing that God Almighty will provide the finances.
Lets know the job situation there in Atlanta.

Everybody in the house,wld is a testimony to what God promises to do for us in this forum.We shall be successfull.
Enjoy your stay in Atlanta and pls keep us posted.

Thank you.

Hi shelnkid,

The cheapest economy ticket that we got per adult was about 197k, and for child was 162k.

Guys, air fare was high to our utmost disbelieve.

WLD

Ticket

wld said:
Hi shelnkid,

The cheapest economy ticket that we got per adult was about 197k, and for child was 162k.

Guys, air fare was high to our utmost disbelieve.

WLD

Shelkid,

There are to seasons, low and hi and they have a sort of time table, you can go to any travel agent to find out

Feb should fall into low season, and prices then are very cheap,
also depending on the age of your child
0-2years pay a certain person of your fare they categorise them asm infant
2-18years are categorised as children also their fare is cheaper than your but more than infant, so you should try and go to an agent that will tell you the truth.
You may wich to go to KLM head office in victoria island, the same building with church gate

i hope that will help

Thank you Guys

I want to say a Big thank to you Guys wld, Modest for provider answers promptly to my ticket fare question.At least i will know now how to start pulling my resources together and i believe the God almighty will provide.
Wld, you should really thank God,He provided for u in a way you didnt expect(Abi,did you ever imagine that ur friend will pay for ur flight fare for a business class for that matter).Thats God at work.
He that has done yours with ease will do same with us all in this forum.
Wld, pls dont forget to keep us informed about the job situation there in Atlanta.I am an IT guy and would want to know how soon one could get a job there.
Thank you.

shelnkid said:
I want to say a Big thank to you Guys wld, Modest for provider answers promptly to my ticket fare question.At least i will know now how to start pulling my resources together and i believe the God almighty will provide.
Wld, you should really thank God,He provided for u in a way you didnt expect(Abi,did you ever imagine that ur friend will pay for ur flight fare for a business class for that matter).Thats God at work.
He that has done yours with ease will do same with us all in this forum.
Wld, pls dont forget to keep us informed about the job situation there in Atlanta.I am an IT guy and would want to know how soon one could get a job there.
Thank you.

Hi everyone,
The ticket fare is a expensive considering the fact that he travelled on the 24th of Jan which is suppose to be classified under low season. WLD did you pay for one way or a return ticket? Coz i have a friend that also won the american lottery [dv - 2006], he travelled with his family last year april and what they paid for the three of them was about 300 and something, can't remember the exact figure now but they paid for one way via KLM and it wasn't so expensive. If you paid for one way, then their ticket has really gone up. Most times I prefer to go to these airline offices than pay through a travelling agent.

The airline gives u the exact thing. Most plp do that in Abuja don't know about Lagos.
Hi Modest, yeah this waiting game is really weighing me down but u are closer to being called than moi. am 24*** u are 14*** see a difference of 10,000. I can't wait to be called coz i told my boss that i won [as per he was in the office when my parcel came and heard me screaming] He told almost the whole expatraite and they inturn told .......... :mad: He cldn't keep his white mouth shout. now everyone is asking when am leaving even our GM. could be frustrating, you know when everyone's stirring at you with disbelief in their eyes, as in are we really sure she's got this thing? what's she still doing here and i can't keep explaining to everyone how it's been done.
One question that i need an answer for. I just found my original birth certificate and my baptismal card. on my birth certificate i was only registered with my tribal name and after i was baptised i was given my english name, that's not a problem I can defend that but the problem now is that on my baptismal certificate, my english name was spelt as Mary-Anne while i have been using Mary-Ann. all my certificates from nursery to university reads Mary-Ann coz that's how i was thought to spell my name. Now will this pose as any problem???? :confused: or do i do something about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
wld said:
Hello guys,

Sorry for our absence from the forum for a while. By the time you check out the signature below, you'll understand why.

Praise God, we finally got our visas on January 23, 07 at about 4p.m after waiting for almost three hours at the embassy! :D Perhaps people like Modest will now believe that the whole DV process is true afterall.

Pickup time was supposed to be 2p.m and I thought it was going to be quick. Was surprised to meet close to a 100 people there and I was there in the waiting room till we were three people left. You can imagine how fast my heart was beating and all the thoughts going through my head when the minutes were ticking by and I still wasn't called.

Anyway, I finally collected the 4 visas at about 4p.m and immediately set out to buy tickets in Ikeja. Purchased tickets at about 5p.m and believe it or not, I left Nigeria with my family on the following day 24th! Point of entry was Atlanta via Amsterdam. Quite a long flight but we went through customs quite easily and we saw the difference between non-immigrants and immigrants because our own queue was so short while others were long.

God has been so faithful, before we left and even after we arrived. It's like that verse of the bible that says "when the Lord turned around the captivity of Zion, they were like them that dreamed".

While we were trying to put money together for economy tickets, a friend volunteered to sponsor the trip and insisted we came via business class tickets. He sent money for business class tickets for the whole family and thank God for those tickets 'cos the journey was long especially for the children. Amsterdam to Atlanta alone was 9hrs.

Same person gave my wife a job since April last year (though we didn't tender that at the embassy) and she starts work tomorrow. She had a deadline to resume on Monday and so we had to take the risk of selling our property even without the visas, praying fervently that there would be no change in collection date from the embassy. Now you understand how my heart was panting as the names were being called at the embassy on the collection date. We had put everything on the line for us to travel immediately.Please I do not and neither does the embassy advise you to do that if you're not led by God. We took the risk and thank God it paid off.

Guys, God is faithful. Just as He has surprised us and is still surprising us, He will surprise you too! We cannot begin to enumerate the various surprises that we had waiting for us here when we arrived.

We wish you all the best and we will try to keep in touch.

Love you all and keep trusting Him.

WLD :cool:

In the name of Jesus, our father our God, we thank you for the life of these our people, you said in your word that you will neither leave us nor forsake us, you are the lilly of the valley, the rose of sharon, the i am that i am, the begining and the ending, you are omnipotent, you are omnipresence, you are the help in time of our needs, you are our God we say to the whole world that you are true and that's why the bible says let our God be true and all men liars, we thank you for what you have done for this family, we are not surprised because you are always there for us from the time of old, we appreciate you, we love you, we celebrate you, thank you for the success of their case, thank you for the money to see it thru, thank you for the time of their flight no airplane crash, no accident in the air, they arrived safely you are indeed our God, thank you for their arrival in the states, thank you for the Job given to the wife, thank you for everything because i know you will not leave them nor allow shame to come upon them. thank you! thank you!!thank you!!! thank you!!!! thank you!!!!! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!what else can we say than to thank you. And as for the rest of us that are still waiting for a time like this, i say in the mighty name of Jesus it will come to past, and we shall all celebrate. we know you are good, you are kind, you are wonderful, ours shall be of good testimony too in Jesus name amen. Thank you for answering this prayer thru Christ our saviour your son we pray Amen. Than you daddy.

WLD, if you read through all my contributions in this forum so far, i have never think negative, nor to talk of saying negative, i have read so many books on the power of positive thinking and today am gainning it for real, i told you he is able; more than able to make us be what he wants us to be, From the bottom of my heart i say a big congratulations to you and your family, stay cool in America till we join you, and most importantly don't forget him that has brought you this far, remember only him can help you even in America; and you shall succeed, once again i say congratulations.

And to all of us, pls pls pls let us go right now into our various dictionaries and delete, tear, erase the word NEGATIVE, either in your computer at home in the office wherever, remember many of the miracles perfomed by our lord Jesus Christ in the Bible were based on Faith; for example he will say go your faith has made you whole, let it be according to your faith..... etc. so pls.

I pray for everyone in this forum, Our Daddy let your power of believe come upon everyone of us in Jesus name, let us know that you are our God, you showed the children of isreal in the midst of Red sea that you are their God, you showed Daniel in the lion's den that you are his God, you showed Elijah in the presence of the prophets of Baal that you are his God, Show us in the prensence of all the Consular General that will interview us at the time of our various interviews that you are indeed OUR GOD. Let you name alone be glorified, let us all in this forum stay together happily in Jesus name as we will continue to share good and complete testimony. You will empower us financially, intelectually, morally that we will be the very best in all we do in Jesus Name. Thank you because each time we remember that you are there for us we are always happy and have a successful story to tell, thank you our everlasting father.
Quote me any time that i said let God be true and all men liars, WE in this forum will all have a successful story to tell. God bless us all.

congrats

Congrats WLD..d lord is definately at work in dis forum..he has a promise 4us in dis forum...he'll surely finish d wonderful work he has started in our lives because theres no abandon project in Gods kingdom....once again congrats

MamaJ

MamaJ said:
The airline gives u the exact thing. Most plp do that in Abuja don't know about Lagos.
Hi Modest, yeah this waiting game is really weighing me down but u are closer to being called than moi. am 24*** u are 14*** see a difference of 10,000. I can't wait to be called coz i told my boss that i won [as per he was in the office when my parcel came and heard me screaming] He told almost the whole expatraite and they inturn told .......... :mad: He cldn't keep his white mouth shout. now everyone is asking when am leaving even our GM. could be frustrating, you know when everyone's stirring at you with disbelief in their eyes, as in are we really sure she's got this thing? what's she still doing here and i can't keep explaining to everyone how it's been done.
One question that i need an answer for. I just found my original birth certificate and my baptismal card. on my birth certificate i was only registered with my tribal name and after i was baptised i was given my english name, that's not a problem I can defend that but the problem now is that on my baptismal certificate, my english name was spelt as Mary-Anne while i have been using Mary-Ann. all my certificates from nursery to university reads Mary-Ann coz that's how i was thought to spell my name. Now will this pose as any problem???? :confused: or do i do something about it?

I MUST SAY REGARDS TO UR COURAGE IT IS NOT EASY TO ANSWER LOTTERY QUESTIONS, THANK GOD IT IA ABUJA IF NA LOCAL END NA JEALOUSY WEY GO FULL GROUND.
ABOUT THE B/CERT, IT DEPENDS ON YOUR PLACE OF BIRTH, IF IT IS IBADAN, YOU MAY GO TO MAPO, DOWN BELOW AT THE COURT SIDE ASK FOR ALHAJI THAT IS WHAT THEY CALL HIM, WITH 1,000 NAIRA OR LESS, HE WILL GET YOU IBADAN MUNICIPAL GOVERNMENT B/CERT, SO BROWNISH LIKE THOSE DAYS AND THE DATE OF SIGN WILL BE BACK DATED AS FAR AS 1976 OR 79 DEPENDING ON YOUR DATE OF BIRTH, BUT IF YOU HAVE FAITH, YOU MAY LET THE STATUES QUO REMAIN

Last edited by a moderator:
my number is current

Hello Everyone, DV 2007 from Nigeria AF00010,xxx, did anyone know when
likely i'm going to recieve my second package, i E-mail (kcc) on 13 nov 2006

whether their have recieve my documents (kcc) reply on 17 nov 2006 that
my documents have been recieved and is recommendable and is under processing for the continuetion of my visa,

that i should continue cheeking the monthly bulletin, that immediataly my nub
become current their will send the second package to my address.

can someone advice me, is't WISE to E-mail them again or either call.

my regards

bulletin

morgd said:
Hello Everyone, DV 2007 from Nigeria AF00010,xxx, did anyone know when
likely i'm going to recieve my second package, i E-mail (kcc) on 13 nov 2006

whether their have recieve my documents (kcc) reply on 17 nov 2006 that
my documents have been recieved and is recommendable and is under processing for the continuetion of my visa,

that i should continue cheeking the monthly bulletin, that immediataly my nub
become current their will send the second package to my address.

can someone advice me, is't WISE to E-mail them again or either call.

my regards

this web site will help you http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3111.html
but nigeria is 9,125 by march 2007 so your no may be current by april or may

i will also advice that you read through the thread

Got our Blue letter to pick up visa

Just to let the forum knows that my family visa has been granted. Greeting to everyone in the forum for your contributions.

Special greetings to 2TEE because your 45 questions expose was the magic. I will suggest that every other intending applicant should go through this and memorise.

Thanks to you all once again.:cool:

Congratulations Rosmoj

congratulations! congratulations!! congratulations!!!

This is another testimony to the promise of God to us in this forum.
Rosmoj, i wish u and your family a good fortune in the States.God in his abundance mercy will be with you every step of the way.
How long between your interview does it take get the Visa?
Which part of trhe US are u heading for?

Whats happening!!!

Hello Everyone, DV 2007 from Nigeria AF000096xx, could anyone know or can tell me what is happening to my Case.

I e-mail KCC on Thursday Jan 18 to inquire whether they receive my document (Forms) and when likely to receive the second package but i made mistake of giving wrong case number which is AF000097xx

But Kcc replied on Friday Jan 19 that
"The information you have provided does not match the case. Please resubmit your request with the correct information for KCC to properly assist you."

I resubmit my request on Saturday 20th Jan back to KCC but never get a reply.

Again, I resend the request on Monday Jan 29 to kcc and up till now there was no reply.

I'm worried, can someone advice me, is it okay to E-mail them again or to call.

Please I don't know what to do. I need your advice.

My regards

doubledroy

Rosmoj

congrats,God will continue to see u through ur endeavors

it will really of great pleasure if u can post ur experience at the embassy and also ur preparation towards it. thank you and once again congratulation

double droy

since u sent another mail just chill out or u can call them, if u don't have their number please notify.

i understand ur anxiety, just be patience.