• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

My people,
Please let endeavour to update our status with a signature so that we will be able to separate those that have been interviewed and those that are yet to be...

jrcies said:
My people,
Please let endeavour to update our status with a signature so that we will be able to separate those that have been interviewed and those that are yet to be...
ITS QUITE TRUE o jare

Last edited by a moderator:
im confuse

hello u all,
i am a dvlottery 2007 winner, i recieved my notification letter in june and since then i have not recieved my second letter(interview letter) and my rank number is AF00021***.please could u please help me out on when i may recieved my second letter base on my rank number.thanks

hi janiah

janiah said:
hello u all,
i am a dvlottery 2007 winner, i recieved my notification letter in june and since then i have not recieved my second letter(interview letter) and my rank number is AF00021***.please could u please help me out on when i may recieved my second letter base on my rank number.thanks

Hello Janiah, Take time to read through this thread from the beginning and you will get a whole lot of information that will let you know when you might likely get your second letter. from your number AF00021***,it might likely be middle of nextyear.

can some one help

hello everybody, i just discovered this forum while tryin 2 check on info about the dv 2007 from google search. i've been reading thru and i found out u guys are well informed about the dv programme.
i really thank God almighty for choosn me out of many, and at the end of the day i'll have a testimony to give.
my case no is 2007AF00011***, can someone put me thru on how things work in this forum??
cestmoi
lagos-Nigeria

cestmoi said:
hello everybody, i just discovered this forum while tryin 2 check on info about the dv 2007 from google search. i've been reading thru and i found out u guys are well informed about the dv programme.
i really thank God almighty for choosn me out of many, and at the end of the day i'll have a testimony to give.
my case no is 2007AF00011***, can someone put me thru on how things work in this forum??
cestmoi
lagos-Nigeria

Hello cestmoi,
Am sure you will find this forum especially this thread interesting, like you said just follow the thread closely read all through, post questions as they appear to bother you and am sure our great think tanks will be there to give a lasting solution to all your questions. i will also advise that for you to know when your case will be current i.e. when you are likely going to be interviewed, follow the Visa bUlletin that comes out every 15th day of each month to know the cut off number for the month and when your case will be current. Good luck

cestmoi said:
cestmoi
lagos-Nigeria

You are most welcome to our midst. Adebayo is right.
If you have any question bothering you, just post it here ok!

If your number is Eleven thousand plus then you are likely to be called for interview around April 07.

Re: Financial requirement

Hi guys, can you please tell me what minimum bank balance is considered sufficient for a single winner without dependants in order to meet the financial requirement clause?

Can I use a job offer letter and affidavit of support to compensate for inadequate cash in my bank account?

Yours truly,
Migo

Migo said:
Hi guys, can you please tell me what minimum bank balance is considered sufficient for a single winner without dependants in order to meet the financial requirement clause?

Can I use a job offer letter and affidavit of support to compensate for inadequate cash in my bank account?

Yours truly,
Migo

For a single winner you do not need an affidavit of support.Your job offer letter and pay slip will do.

Migo said:

Yours truly,
Migo

Migo,

I believe if you can provide any of the 3 Bank statement,Affidavit of Support or job. Infact Affidavit of support is highly rated than the others, followed by job offer.I think you should start making your contact now to get them ready.

Migo said:

Yours truly,
Migo

Hello, Hope dis will expantiate things more.

Evidence of Support : It can be any combination of the following three :
_ Affidavit of Support : form I134 filled by a US Citizen ( USC ) or a Legal Permanent Resident ( LPR = GC holder ) http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/affsupp.htm

_ Job offer in the US : it is better to obtain a job offer on the company's letterhead and have it notarized.

_ Own funds ( bank accounts, assets....): see poverty guidelines for an idea of the amount. ( bank statement)

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigr.../info_1327.html
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigr.../info_1328.html

For the Evidence of Support, you can provide any combiantion of the 3, which means you can provide one ( any one ) of the mentioned documents, two ( any two ), or the three of them.
Remember that you better be safe than sorry. Bring as much as you can.
So, the I134 alone is good. Still, it would be better if you could show your own funds.

Hope this help.

letter from kcc

i wrote kcc last week and i was replied with this 2day:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers below 5,900 in your region for the month of December. If your case number is current, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

Phone: (606) 526 7500
Fax: (606) 526 7501
E-mail: KCCDV@state.gov
www.travel.state.gov

SLM/KCC

how do i know if my case no is current??

cestmoi
case no 2007AF00011***
lagos-Nigeria

cestmoi said:

Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers below 5,900 in your region for the month of December. If your case number is current, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

www.travel.state.gov

SLM/KCC

cestmoi
case no 2007AF00011***
lagos-Nigeria

You can check when ur case number would be current at the link provided http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html.

cestmoi said:

www.travel.state.gov

SLM/KCC

cestmoi
case no 2007AF00011***
lagos-Nigeria

Prayer

Hi All!
Please let remember those of us that would be interviewed in the month of November in our daily prayer.

You are Right

I think you are right,
let's keep praying for them that the Lord favour will go with them. It is well with them all.(Amen)

Pls do me a favour by saying Amen as you read through these prayers.

1. Father in the mighty name of Jesus, i give u all the praise, i bow before thy throne i give u all adoration, i say you’re the most high God, the lily of the valley, the rose of Sharon, the i am that i am, the one that created heaven and the earth, the owner of our lives, the one that knows the end right from the beginning, the one that brought out axe from the depth of a sea, the one that brought forth Lazarus from the dead, you are our all in all, i praise you.

2. Daddy in heaven forgive us of all our sins and draw us closer to yourself, count us worthy of your blessing and cleanse us of all our iniquities, Daddy i call for your peace in our heart today, i call for you joy, i call for your favour, i call for your super natural blessings from heaven today, for as many as some of us in this forum will be going for their DV Visa Lottery Interview this month of Nov. i say Daddy you will cause the heavens to open for them, you will go before them and make everything right for them, you cause the angels of heaven to make a way for them, before the interview be with them, after the interview be with them, cause your favour to be upon them, let the consular officer see them and know that these ones have been marked for favour, do a great thing as you have promised us, make us cross over this red sea and let your name be glorified, let the house of Abraham, house of Jacob, house of Isaac, house of Solomon and house of all of us rejoice, from today till the day we will all get our Visas, i decree there shall be no problem, i decree peace in our various homes, in our country, at the embassy, peace all around us, is there anything that has been set to bring us down? I cancel it in Jesus name, if it is our sins I cancel them by the blood of Jesus, I prophecy to our being that our spirit shall not reject the visa, I prophecy that we shall not miss it, this is our dream it shall not be cut short in Jesus name.

PROPHECY FOR TODAY:
"Be glad then, ye children of Zion and rejoice in the Lord your God: ...And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you." Joel 2:23-25. This is the Word for you today, receive it in Jesus name. I declare unto you that enough is enough to every drought in your life in Jesus name. As you approached the end of the year 2006, the things you were not able to achieve in the last 10 months, you will achieve in the next 2 months, in the name of Jesus.
The Lord said He will do great things in your life. "Behold I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth ... I will make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert." This month as some of us will e going for the interview, you shall prosper in whatsoever question they ask you. The Lord will make a way for you and give you a breakthrough in Jesus name.
If you believe it, say it to yourself, I BELIEVE & I RECEIVE, in Jesus name.

My people you shall come back and give us a testimony, we are one family now, we have common goal to achieve, our hopes shall not be cut short, my people go in peace, come back and give us the testimony, my God has done it just believe, i say believe. The bible says for our God is not a man that says a thing and will not bring it to past, he says he honour his words more than his name, God said it i believe it and that settles it. Go well

Last edited by a moderator:
Second package recieved

Hi great people,

This is to let you know that our second expected package came today.

By the way, adebayo thanks for the prayers.

God is on HIS throne.

Keep the spirit high and alive.

WLD

wld said:
Hi great people,

This is to let you know that our second expected package came today.

By the way, adebayo thanks for the prayers.

God is on HIS throne.

Keep the spirit high and alive.

WLD

Yes. :D Yes. :D Yes. :D next one is your VISA and the Packet follow by your green card
see you in America. Good Luck.

It's good but careful

adebayo said:
Yes. :D Yes. :D Yes. :D next one is your VISA and the Packet follow by your green card
see you in America. Good Luck.

Please you guys should not misinterpret my write-up. I know it is the prayer of everyone to make a better life for himself and his/her immediate family. I think that is the reason we are all srambling to go to United states. US looks good but there are some bad side of it too. Two years ago, a colleague of mine in the office won a lottery and left with her family, I called her some weeks ago to know how life is over there, guys, she sincerely told me that infact life in Nigeria is far better compare to United States with respect to the place and kind of job she was doing in Nigeria. A colleague of mine at school also resign from schlumberger and went to the United States with lottery and regletted ever leaving the country.

Today, a colleague of mine in the office told me of the email sent by her cousin ( a qualify Engineer ) who was doing very well here in Nigeria, later left the country with lottery and end-up lamenting of the kind of suffering they are going through over there in the United States. An American in my office told me that getting employed in an industry in United states in not an easy task! These are true life stories.

With all these I will not find it funny leaving my good job here in Nigeria to go to US and serve one scrap white guy or do any kind of job for survival. I still have my pride to keep. Nigeria might be corrupt but we still have that pride. So it is really annoying when I here of the way the consular officer treats my people at the embassy as if United States is heaven on earth or jobs and money is in the street of New York.

Life over there is not as easy as we think. I will advise that if you have a very good job, please go through the Internet, trying seaching for a job and secure a good one before leaving the country so that life over there could be easy.

I pray for the success of everyone during the Interview and also be success when you get over there.