• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Reply to Thonia2's question

Hello thonia2,
I will start by congratulating you that your husband was selected as a winner in the dv lottery.My wife also won same and we are seriously preparing our documents.

The name issue on your husband's certificate could be a serious problem and i will advice something be done about it before your interview cos from what u posted on this site, you have a very low case number and may probably recieve your second package soon and your interview may come up in december or january.
From what i read on different forums, the consular officie has a zero tolerance level for name issues like that.
Your husband could go to his school and have something done about it, maybe obtain a cover letter from the registrar that it was actually a typographical error.

That said,as a family(a famly of 4 in your own case), you will need an affidavit of support from either a citizen or a permanent resident of the united states to prove that u will not be a publc charge when u get to america.The person wll be your sponsor and will be required to fill a form (form I-134) which you will take with u to ur consular interview, one for each of your family members.
The consular officer may not even look at your statement of accounts unless the fund is transfarable to US.They are more comfortable with the affidavit of support.

So make haste to get your documents ready.Dv is all about getting your documents right.

I hope i answered your questions.

Thanks.

Hello Thonia2,
Congrats for the dv lottery.I am a U.S citizen but originaly from naija also.For the family of 4, affidavit of support is the best way to go.You need someone that makes about $35,000/yr minimum and the person must have filed taxes for the past 2/3yrs to be able to sponsor you guys.It's a lot less hassle than trying to use a naija bank acct documents, they are very skeptical of that these days.
Talking about the visa lottery, i have been registering that thing for my folks for over 5yrs with no success, last visa lottery 2007, i decided for the heck of it to include my name in the lottery.Guess what, i won.I received a letter from the U.S state dept on april 12th saying "congratulations, you are among the hundred thousand people selected worldwide for the dv 2007 program".
First i was so mad because i have been putting this same lottery for my folks for yrs with nobody winning and here i am , already a Citizen, with a winning notification.Out of 12 people that i registered for, they gonna choose me that did not need it.I was pissed, but what else is new!

Then i busted out laughing at the whole thing.'
Hopefully, this this coming one, i intend to pass my winning luck to my folks this time by God's grace.

You take care.

shelnkid said:
Hello Everyone,
I would like to know if the NECO Examination is acceptable as a prove of High school Education at the Consular Office(Embassy) in Nigeria.
I would also want to know if the NECO result transcript is acceptable since the NECO officials said the certificates for the 2003 NECO Exams are not ready yet.

I would appreciate soonest responsefrom my ever dynamic country men and Ladies.

Thank you.

NECO is not acceptable as a prove of High School Education,what I know that is acceptable is WAEC.

Hi everyone,
Pls let remember our naija people and everyone around the world whose interview is slated for October in PRAYER.

Financial Support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Jrcies,
I wonder why no one is bothered about the requirement of Proof of Financial Support. That's an ambigious area I think. What amount of money would be considered sufficient by the consular officers - N100,000, N250,000, N500,000, or even N1,000,000 and above. Would appreciate if someone would please respond to this very tricky requirement.

Migo

Migo said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Jrcies,
I wonder why no one is bothered about the requirement of Proof of Financial Support. That's an ambigious area I think. What amount of money would be considered sufficient by the consular officers - N100,000, N250,000, N500,000, or even N1,000,000 and above. Would appreciate if someone would please respond to this very tricky requirement.

Migo

I personally get worried about the financial support requirement.
Quite ambigious I would say, but if I may ask, do we have a choice??
I guess not, afterall na we wan go U.S no be so??

You will find the answer to your question here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1327.html

Last edited by a moderator:
"The Race Begins"

I wish all winners success in the race to " God's own Country"

Hope we can all share share from each others experiences.

hello everyone,
my number is af00002*** and should be current this october as they have been saying.its october and we haven't gotten the letter yet.we called kcc and guess what ,they said that i should expect it around december and after 2 calls ,they also said they have scheduled all interviews for oct and nov. they have not explained why the number being current did not apply.
All i do now is wait and pray,can anyone shed some light on this?Best of luck and favour to all of you. :)

you need to send them a detailed mail explaining that you number is current this and they will back to you within 3-4days, also include indicate your postal address as stated on the forms you sent back to them. just do this and forget this phone call thing :eek:

DV 2007 -NIGERIA
CASE NUMBER: 2007AF00005XXX
NL RECEIVED: 29/03/2006.
NL DATED: 13/03/2006.
SENT BACK TO KCC:10/05/2006.
WAITING FOR 2ND LETTER

okeylin said:
hello everyone,
my number is af00002*** and should be current this october as they have been saying.its october and we haven't gotten the letter yet.we called kcc and guess what ,they said that i should expect it around december and after 2 calls ,they also said they have scheduled all interviews for oct and nov. they have not explained why the number being current did not apply.
All i do now is wait and pray,can anyone shed some light on this?Best of luck and favour to all of you. :)

Additionally, u can sent a mail to the US embassy: lagoscons2@state.gov explaining the situation and requesting for a confirmation of your interview date.

Good luck.

if your case is schudled for october, kcc can send your 2nd letter to you via email .
just send several messages to them and they will send it to you .

good luck

Thonia 2 - Financial info

Thonia 2,

My husband and I won DV2006, we initially took our Nigerian bank statements to the embassy for our interview. The Consular officer did not even look at it.
We had to come back with the following:

- I-134 Affidavit of Support
-Our Sponsors Federal Tax Returns
-A letter from our sponsor's bank (in the US) stating his bank balance, total deposits and withdrawals made in the last year. We didn't actually need his bank statement.

Just make sure your sponsor has some money in his account (a web site recommended at least $5,000). Also check the US poverty guidelines for how much your sponsor's salary should be.

Goodluck.

thanks lolade for this we need to inform our sponsor about this information, meanwhile kindly share your cp exprience you had like what questions were asked and how many minutes the whole thing lasted.

thanks again :p

DV 2007 -NIGERIA
CASE NUMBER: 2007AF00005XXX
NL RECEIVED: 29/03/2006.
NL DATED: 13/03/2006.
SENT BACK TO KCC:10/05/2006.
WAITING FOR 2ND LETTER

Thanks you all for your kind contributions. My question is based on the Affidavit of Support as my dear sister has thrown some light on it. For we that has high Case Number whose interview is likely to come up in the month of August - September, is it right for us to get our Affidavit of Support ready now or wait till then considering the date on the I-134 form?

Please your answer is urgently needed by all and sundry.

December Visa Bulletin

Hello,

No doubt we are all in expectation oif the December Visa Buletin.
May we all pray that Nigeria should have no exception s that we can move forward.
I pass through the embassy on Friday and loo...............
I saw people coming out from the Embassy with x ray papers reading
KAMORAS Hospital.Some laughing why some u know now.
Lets is keep in expectation

I need help

i'm one of the DV-2007 winners. Ihad already filled and sent back the forms that was sent to me along with the notification letter.

I contacted the KCC with my name, adress and date of birht, but I was told that the information nprovided did not match the case number.

Please what can I do? I'm really confused. Please help me.

Taiwo

NECO is accepted

hello dear, NECO is accepted cos i have confirmed it from us embassy in lagos .......u think about it equevelent high school certificate according to them NECO is allowed good luck ,pls guys let us avoid to create confusion to our fellow naija guys what u dont no pls say no answer for it ....have a best time

obinna43 said:
hello dear, NECO is accepted cos i have confirmed it from us embassy in lagos .......u think about it equevelent high school certificate according to them NECO is allowed good luck ,pls guys let us avoid to create confusion to our fellow naija guys what u dont no pls say no answer for it ....have a best time

Obinna, great to hear that, but note we all are trying to help each other. No one is a repository of all solutions.

"if in doubt ask"

obinna43 said:

Obinna,
Just for the record,No one is trying to confuse anyone here... we are here trying to help each other to solve problem,just like what Ubus rightly said.
In the past Neco was not accepted,If they are accepting it now,then it must be from DV 2007.

Last edited by a moderator: