• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Snag??

Hello guys

Please I need you guys to help me look at this issue.

I sent my wife to the embassy today and I got the shock of my life when she told me that my name was not included as her spouse..

I did sent a copy of our marraige certificate a month after we got married about a month she sent the first letter. I made calls to them and they said they have cahnged it only for her to be told today that her maiden name is what is appearing on the system.

I called KCC today and the lady said she should speak to them there that she is married but they said no that she is the only one called for interview wao I laready bought a ticket and took 2 weeks break

All those who have changed there status please learn from this experience terrible I dont know what to do.................
Let us analyse this.
This might be because you did not submit fresh forms [ds230 etc] to reflect the new status. KCC might require more than just e-mail and a copy of the marriage cert.. Fresh application forms are needed. If you sent fresh ones, did you keep a copy?
Nothing spoil; send fresh forms for you and Mrs. with marriage certificate and an explanatory letter that KCC must have made an oversight. The forms and letters must go to both KCC and Embassy.
No shaking; this is no more complicated than that of [Baba D??] who is getting married just before the interview.
Keep calling/faxing/e-mailing/writing Embassy and KCC about this.
Last resort; Mrs can do interview without you but can still bring you with her to US. There is a form/ application to be sent to the US Dept of State [Application to act on an Approved petition]. I will try to search for it, since I am not familiar with it; LucyMO had mentioned it in an old post. See if you can track it in her old posts [1-2 months back.]
It is well.:)

Wider audience

Hello guys

I sent my wife to the embassy today and I got the shock of my life when she told me that my name was not included as her spouse..

I did sent a copy of our marraige certificate a month after we got married about a month she sent the first letter. I made calls to them and they said they have cahnged it only for her to be told today that her maiden name is what is appearing on the system.

I called KCC today and the lady said she should speak to them there that she is married but they said no that she is the only one called for interview wao I laready bought a ticket and took 2 weeks break

All those who have changed there status please learn from this experience terrible I dont know what to do.................
Consider also posting this as a new thread to the wider immigrationportal audience; somebody might have been there and done that.

For Floyo

thanks a lot men! i really appreciate your assistance. u can't imagine how relievd i feel now.please clearify :
- which detail, what shld i ask for?
-cld someone please let me know where the NPC is at?
thanks.

Hi Floyo,

The detail you should ask for is the date of your interview. Let them know that up to this moment you haven't received your 2nd package yet. Is better they write and tell you than for you to call and be told on phone. Like what Lizzy did, she wrote kcc, was told her interview date, she printed out the mail, took it to the embassy and was given medical forms and police certificates based on the email sent by kcc confirming her interview date. The problem with making phone calls is that you don't have any proof to show at the embassy. So it's best you write, take it to the embassy, then they will give the medical forms to start your medicals pending when u will receive the 2nd package.
I hope this helps.

For Tunde

Hello guys

Hi tunde,

I don't think you should panik, this thing has happened before. My friend got married days before his interview and when he sent the detials to kcc he was told that they had sent his interview date to the embassy so he shd deal with the embassy but first down load the forms, fill it for her and take it to the embassy. He wrote the embassy and forwarded the reply he got from kcc to the embassy, they asked him to come with the forms and also asked him to come with her on the interview date. The embassy asked him to print out the letter has proof of her own appointment. He did that, on the interview day, went with her, she was allowed in, they collected her own forms and all he had to do was proove they were actually married and they were given the visa.
I always tell plp, it's better to write kcc than call on phone. With phone, u have nothing to show the embassy. Tunde, if when u sent the marriage certificate, you had a written confirmation from kcc, please forward the mail to the embassy, stating your case and letting them know that KCC confirmed that they had updated your status, ofcourse u add "see attached mail from kcc" and tell them u were shocked when u got to the embassy n was told "my hubby wasn't included". I said "my hubby" coz is your wife's name u will use to send the mail. Please start now and stop calling KCC. Also wirte kcc letting them know what happened at the embassy copying the embassy and whatever reply u get from kcc, your wife should take all the emails to the embassy. but i believe you should get a good reply from the embassy, just stop callig and start writing.

way out

Hi Floyo,

The detail you should ask for is the date of your interview. Let them know that up to this moment you haven't received your 2nd package yet. Is better they write and tell you than for you to call and be told on phone. Like what Lizzy did, she wrote kcc, was told her interview date, she printed out the mail, took it to the embassy and was given medical forms and police certificates based on the email sent by kcc confirming her interview date. The problem with making phone calls is that you don't have any proof to show at the embassy. So it's best you write, take it to the embassy, then they will give the medical forms to start your medicals pending when u will receive the 2nd package.
I hope this helps.

thanks mama j,
i have a mail from kcc stating that and also i av already gotten a reply to my enquiry from the embassy, they said i should come over with my congratulation letter (1st NL) so as to collect the instruction packet. i guess that what's u'r talkin about.
jrcies, i must commend you for the initiative of starting this thread, thanks a million for being a source of blessing to all of us. i wish everybody God's will!

medicals

does anyone know if kamoras do d medicals during weekends?
please hola, if you know

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello guys

Tunde, there is no wahala here at all, it happens i know of some like this too just as MamaJ said, all you have to do is fill a new set of form DS-230 for yourself and madam, take them along with you to the interview, even if you send them to KCC with your marriage cert, they will just update your record, same they will do at the embassy here in Lagos, its just to update your records which can be done within a minute, the onus is now on you to strongly proof to them that you are truly married and not an ''arrangee''
so worryless, they too are aware of the fact that a year is a long period of time in which you can not put your life onhold simply because of GC, if there is any change in-between the time interval its not your fault that it comes, but to actually proof to them that indeed the change is real like your marriage now, get courtship pictures, emails, wedding pictures, if possible go with all PROOFS in this whole wide world, video cassettes, video CDs, if its a church marriage get the church marriage certificate. with all these you should be good, i planned to do it like this b4 only that i had to suspend my marriage due to some reasons, go thru those sample questions again no worries man, and am sure you will come back here to give us your testimony, God be with us all.

Hello guys

Hi Tunde,
I'll appreciate some clearification! How did your wife establish you were not included as her spouse.

My suggestion is not different from the others. Let her write to KCC asking for a confirmation of her change in status. Their response will be the prelude to your next line of action.

hi houx, i"d like someone to pls verify this.
for my proof of date of birth, i have a declaration of age from the high court in abuja dated jan. 2002 and to support that, i have my baptismal card stating my date of birth ,which was issued three years after birth. and also a high school testimonial which bears my date of birth.
i have mixed feelings now coz someone mentioned that a certificate from NPC will be more authentic than a declaration, and on the other hand ,another person previously mentioned that NPC only issues certificates for births after 1990 or so, so this has left me a little confused...
can someone pls be kind enuf 2 throw more light in my path???

St-kris,

Please it does not take much to have the NPC birth certificate, try to be at the saver side.
It only take, N2500, Age decleration Affidavite from court and two passport.

Cheers

Now in USA:cool:
Waiting for my GC:rolleyes:

+ its X-ray and physical examinations basically,
+ x-ray is in a day, you will come back for physical examination later.
+ the test can be done in a day even less than 4hrs depending on the number of people around as at that time.
+ i cant say if they operates on weekends i was there during week day.
+ as per the time i was there in the morning.
+ you will have to do it together, because i saw alot of couples there, even those that are not DV winners came together, but i can't say if there is an exception to that.
Cheers

Hi Adebayo

Thanks a million times naija pikin / american citizen. :)

Have you done the physical examination now? If yes, then how many days of interval did it take before you did it?

Life in the US

I read the forum with so much excitement.

Congratulation to all that have scheduled interview.

Just a bit of advice to all. The streets in the US is not paved with gold and you can not pick dollars. There are a lot of fraudsters in US (Houston) I almost fell a victim even with Lagos experience i couldn't beleive it. when they notice you are a stranger you may likely be deceived please always double check every info and transactions the oyinbos are not as clean as you may think. I was baptised but thank God not burnt i recover all the dollar.

We (myself, hubby and son) have gotten our

SSN, GC and about starting a job

i must thank God for pastor adebayo you have been wonderful, if you have a good job please dont resign just go on leave it may help you a lot but experiences differs here, but it keeps getting better by the day life is lot better in all but to make money is tough.

Regards,

:D

Just a bit of advice to all. The streets in the US is not paved with gold and you can not pick dollars. There are a lot of fraudsters in US (Houston) I almost fell a victim even with Lagos experience i couldn't beleive it. when they notice you are a stranger you may likely be deceived please always double check every info and transactions the oyinbos are not as clean as you may think. I was baptised but thank God not burnt i recover all the dollar.

i must thank God for pastor adebayo you have been wonderful, if you have a good job please dont resign just go on leave it may help you a lot but experiences differs here, but it keeps getting better by the day life is lot better in all but to make money is tough.

Regards,

Hi Yebomi,
It's nice to hear u're doing great. Our POE is also Houston. How are u managing with the baby, I hear nannies are scare and expensive.

How long did it take to get ur SSN & GC? Do u have a Texas drivers licence or ID now?

Best wishes

You no tell us

St-kris,

Please it does not take much to have the NPC birth certificate, try to be at the saver side.
It only take, N2500, Age decleration Affidavite from court and two passport.

Cheers

Now in USA:cool:
Waiting for my GC:rolleyes:
Oga Benja, you don travel and you no tell anybody. Na quick-quick you take comot from Naija.
God Bless you, I hope you are settling down well. Give us status update as things develop.

Regards,

Good to hear from you my Sista. I am not surprise at the fraudulent acts of some oyinbos...As far as I'm concerned, na dem first start this scam, fraud of a thing...if not how they take get the defination for dictionary??
There is this saying that goes....how I go take talk am sef???? OK!!!Since the days wey flys don dey chop person wey get wound for leg, no body talk ooo but the day wey the person we get wound kill the fly people go come dey talk.
Make una no get me wrong, fraud, scam whatever name you choose to call it, I don't subscribe to it... and I suggest everyone should desist from it.

Like my sister talk, those we remain to go, should better shine their eyes oooo