• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Yeh

Yes ooo am seriously praying and i know Daddy will do it, i forsee a serious JUMP say up to 18,000 or more for July in Jesus Name Amen.

You are right its just 24hrs, i was pushed to july by just 2 marks all the same, my God will doit for us all Amen. We are in a country were we don't have a say to our future, you know what i mean? in any case God bless Nigeria. i see us having this forum as a life time association, a life time family house where we will stay together for good even after this DV thing, for sure i will see you all in America:D . Shalom!

Nigeria is a great country, but we have leaders that refuse to be great, God will answer our prayers, because Nigeria need a turn around.

A jump in the word for the bulletin and God has assured us and AM very sure Daddy will do it because HE IS A PERFECT PLANNER

Interview

Tnx a lot Princessmax, John Kent & Modest.
Your replies have helped:)
God bless y'all

It is ur turn to give us information, how did you re-schedule ur appointment, you may wish to give us the story, so that others can learn, because i know this forum has come to stay and as far as DV lottery exist people will tap information and knowledge from the forum, and i bet you this particular thread is doing so good.

I hope this demand will not stress you

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course I don’t mind sharing my experience.
After I received the 2nd letter (November 06) I mailed the lagos consulate immediately to inform them that I cld’nt make the interview and asked if I could be scheduled for one in Abuja instead (that’s where I live actually). They replied and insisted that I tried to keep the date regardless of if I had all the required documents or not. They also added that if I absolutely could not make it, I should send a representative with my letter to reschedule a date for me.
I now couriered the letter to my jnr sis in Lagos to go there and fix me a new date (all these happened prior to my original appointment date of 4th dec).
When she got there, whoever she met just laughed it off and told her there was still time to pursue my case, and that some of the dv06 cases were still being handled as a matter of fact. The man insisted that when I (the winner) was ready I should come and re-schedule the interview by myself.
So, I went to Lagos 3wks ago. On getting to the reception area where enquiries concerning dv visas are made, I met a man there and explained the situation to him, he asked me to show him proof that I mailed the American embassy about the issue. Thankfully, I had a copy of their reply to my e-mail but after handing it to him, he said that re-scheduling was usually within 3months from the original date and I have come 4 months later so he was not sure if anything could be done. By then I was just too knackered to argue or disturb myself. He asked me to sit a while so he’ll see if anyone could do something. After like 2hrs he came back, demanded the original invite and then came back with the new date. It was quite a wait sha, coupled with the fact that my son was acting up (trust babies now)

great story

Of course I don’t mind sharing my experience.
After I received the 2nd letter (November 06) I mailed the lagos consulate immediately to inform them that I cld’nt make the interview and asked if I could be scheduled for one in Abuja instead (that’s where I live actually). They replied and insisted that I tried to keep the date regardless of if I had all the required documents or not. They also added that if I absolutely could not make it, I should send a representative with my letter to reschedule a date for me.
I now couriered the letter to my jnr sis in Lagos to go there and fix me a new date (all these happened prior to my original appointment date of 4th dec).
When she got there, whoever she met just laughed it off and told her there was still time to pursue my case, and that some of the dv06 cases were still being handled as a matter of fact. The man insisted that when I (the winner) was ready I should come and re-schedule the interview by myself.
So, I went to Lagos 3wks ago. On getting to the reception area where enquiries concerning dv visas are made, I met a man there and explained the situation to him, he asked me to show him proof that I mailed the American embassy about the issue. Thankfully, I had a copy of their reply to my e-mail but after handing it to him, he said that re-scheduling was usually within 3months from the original date and I have come 4 months later so he was not sure if anything could be done. By then I was just too knackered to argue or disturb myself. He asked me to sit a while so he’ll see if anyone could do something. After like 2hrs he came back, demanded the original invite and then came back with the new date. It was quite a wait sha, coupled with the fact that my son was acting up (trust babies now)

Wa ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what a story, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeen, this story should be shared and it is very informative, trust me I learnt a lot from this, I cann't imagine waiting for two hours without knowing if the result will be negative or positive, To God be the glory . God is great, you baby acted very nice, two hours is a very long time to wait. I hope you have done something about ur medicals and all others

I'm Speechless

Hi everybody,
I really congratulate those that are current in the present bulettin, and i hope you guys are praying for us in your closet apart from writing. To be sincere, i was somehow down when i first saw the new updates, it means we have just July, August and Sept. I know that the faithful Lord that has started with us will finish it. Please pray for us.

Hi everybody,
I really congratulate those that are current in the present bulettin, and i hope you guys are praying for us in your closet apart from writing. To be sincere, i was somehow down when i first saw the new updates, it means we have just July, August and Sept. I know that the faithful Lord that has started with us will finish it. Please pray for us.

I pray for you and every other person in this forum that our God will take us all to our promise land.

hi everyone,

I just saw the bullentin for the month of June and mennnnn!!! I won't lie ohh i was moved to tears and am seriously tempted to write kcc and ask why we are so far behind africa and why the exceptions. Atleast they should have explanations for why they do what they do and it shdn't be a sin or tabo for me to ask questions.
My trust is in God now and to tell you the truth i think i no longer want to put anything on hold. I want to go ahead with my search for a new job in Abuja, i want to do everything and forget about this dv thing for now before i break down [lol] my son still needs his mama. This america dream sometimes can stress you outttttt. well i joinnnnnnnnnnnn my faith with the house for a serious jump in july, august and septemeber.
I asked myself a question? for God to make me win that means he has to complete the process. I have seen canaan and i will surely get into it and not just to see it from afar off.
Welcome on board Megiano. I love your style not disturbing yourself about what the outcome would have been. So glad u got all the info u were looking for and I hope u know who this is???????
God bless you house and a bigggggggggggg congratulations to Modest man. your turn for good news

Hey House,

To add to what i was saying, am not saying am going ahead with my other plans coz am faithless noooooooooooooooo but because i want to have a grip of myself and sanityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. YOu should have seen how many heart was racing just before i opened the visa bulletin page. at this point in my life, i don't need this

Hey House,

To add to what i was saying, am not saying am going ahead with my other plans coz am faithless noooooooooooooooo but because i want to have a grip of myself and sanityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. YOu should have seen how many heart was racing just before i opened the visa bulletin page. at this point in my life, i don't need this

My Dear MamaJ,
I quite understand your plight and want you to be assured that you are not alone(our case number iS 2007AF22XXX).I feel the same way too but i just seek consolation in the promise of God in fulfilling what he has started in our life.MamaJ, the worst case scenario is that our case gets current in september as it was last year and you can never tell,there might be no exception for Nigeria in July and August which will be good for us.
Lets just continue to hold on to God and prepare our documents.
It shall be well with us(Amen).

shelnkid
i am new to this form. am also so called winner of the 07 DV with a very high case no AF 29xxxx. I was wondering what do you mean by "the worst case" in your earlier post. why is it worst if our case is current in september? just curious

God is in Control

hi everyone,

I just saw the bullentin for the month of June and mennnnn!!! I won't lie ohh i was moved to tears and am seriously tempted to write kcc and ask why we are so far behind africa and why the exceptions. Atleast they should have explanations for why they do what they do and it shdn't be a sin or tabo for me to ask questions.
My trust is in God now and to tell you the truth i think i no longer want to put anything on hold. I want to go ahead with my search for a new job in Abuja, i want to do everything and forget about this dv thing for now before i break down [lol] my son still needs his mama. This america dream sometimes can stress you outttttt. well i joinnnnnnnnnnnn my faith with the house for a serious jump in july, august and septemeber.
I asked myself a question? for God to make me win that means he has to complete the process. I have seen canaan and i will surely get into it and not just to see it from afar off.
Welcome on board Megiano. I love your style not disturbing yourself about what the outcome would have been. So glad u got all the info u were looking for and I hope u know who this is???????
God bless you house and a bigggggggggggg congratulations to Modest man. your turn for good news

Honestly speaking MamaJ, I could feel how you felt, you know what, i almost wept when i first saw it also this morning, in fact just yesterday, i finished all the credit on my cell phone in the process of checking the update, well, just as you said, USA or no USA , be rest assure that God has plan for you and I, and faithful is He that has started a good work in us because he will surely finish it. He is not a ma that shall lie or repent of his words, has he say a thing, will it not come to pass? no be God o. just relax, if finding job will put your mind at rest, please DO! God is control.

shelnkid
i am new to this form. am also so called winner of the 07 DV with a very high case no AF 29xxxx. I was wondering what do you mean by "the worst case" in your earlier post. why is it worst if our case is current in september? just curious

Its not really bad as u think.I just meant the latest time our number could be current is september as it was last year.Dont exercise any fear.
If u look at the Visa Bulletin from the previous years u will see that all case numbers became current for Nigeria except in year 2004.

The only disadvantage that i can see for numbers getting current in september is TIME, taking into consideration how long it takes for the Medical results to be out in Nigeria.
All we need to do is (we with high case numbers) to get all our documentations ready so that we will beat the september 30 visa issuance deadline.
May God be with us all and help u achieve our heart desire.

hi everyone,

I feel you MamaJ. I think those of us with high case numbers are losing grip of the Dv thing.
All hope is not lost though, remember, it is not over until it is over.
Any thing can still happen within the next 3 months to come.

Like jrcies would say, let keep faith alive as faith precedes the MIRACLE.

My People i quite understood you all, its not easy at all, waiting is not a game everybody will like to play especially at a time like this, its been over a year and we are still waiting, its hard! as a being we will feel it, but in all He that started it all is able to bring it to a logical conclusion, and am sure we will all rejoice in the lord, MamaJ, i feel u men!!!!!!! its no easy.

My question is: why is it that Nigeria is just crawling like that? Africa is around 27k, some other nations are more than 20k already, i believe with this Nigeria has/should be favoured, its our time to rejoice lets push it to God for a serious jump in July, i wouldn't mind having all of our numbers becoming current by July. Let us pray hard remember GAP and PUSH. they worked for paul and silas.
G; God
A; Aswers
P;prayers

P; Pray
U; Until
S; Something
H; Happens

Now something favourable will happen, and we shall all rejoice. I know the flesh is weak; our God will help us all.
Shalom!

For all of us

Mamaj, you moved my spirit, it is a serious thing, let me tell you one truth (and this goes for everybody with high case number), the truth is that even those that are current in may feel it is too late, so the truth is that everybody is anxious, but meeeeeeeeeeeeeeen we need to extend our threshold of waiting, becuase God is a perfect planner.
My sister and everyother person, if you get a good job, pls go for it, when you get ur visa, u may resign and relocate or take a vacation for one month, pick ur green card and come back to ur job, but I beg of u, dont stress ur self, I know of a family that won 2006 dv and just entered the states in 2007 feb, though i dont have the details because i did not ask, and so many others, look at megiano's case and from the way mamaj passed accross they know themselves for 'yonder' it is good anyway her case number is very low.
But i say to everybody, our 40days journey shall not turn to 400 years.
Pls dont let us loose our faith and trust, it is not by might or power but by the Spirit says the Lord,
The Lord is a wonderful God and am very sure he will finish what he has started.

I dont know what else to write and am a bit naive now and sincerely i dont want to use the word 'feeling bad' but sincerely that is the way i feel, because most times when i feel downcasted, i quickly read through this forum and i keep going.

You guys pls in the name of God should keep the spirit alive, I know what it feels like, but i also got my motivation from this forum, from every member especially all of you.

Please I beg do what you have to do to make urself happy and stress free, at the same do not loose hope, touch and focus.

God be with us.

Hello house, Hi mamaJ (yes I know who you are)
Pls no one should lose hope abeg!! God would perfect all that concerns us (current number or not, october deadline or not).
Afterall, the man my sister made the enquiries from last november confessed that they were still handling 06 issues. It is well...

where are u

Jrcies,where are u,u are keeping mute,why?i need u to say something as regard the bulletin,i want to hear ur view on these.i gain more confidence when i hear u talking,pls dont be far from these forum bicos ur contribution is highly appreciated.
To those that will be having their cp this week,doublederoy and others i wish u all the best and pls dont forget to post ur interview on the forum.and those that their number was current for may and june.put ur document together on time so that u will have enough time to prepare for the interview proper
For us that have high case number from 20k upward dont let us border ourselve God is in control,like yoruba will say oku iya wan ni,awon loma sin i.e is their mother corpse na dem go bery am.
Let us continue with our positive thinks, God will see us thru,insha allah.On a serious note,jrcies i want u to be active on this forum,bicos u start this naija portion and i will not want u to be silent at the midle

Hi everyone here who knows much about this interview thing...pls i will like to ask if it documents through email are acceptable because i got the 2ND letter late and my sponsor got the required documents so late and if she decides to send it through courier there is no way i can receive it this week so we concluded that she should send it through email....Na only that one eee remain oooooo i need help urgently.

Hi everyone here who knows much about this interview thing...pls i will like to ask if it documents through email are acceptable because i got the 2ND letter late and my sponsor got the required documents so late and if she decides to send it through courier there is no way i can receive it this week so we concluded that she should send it through email....Na only that one eee remain oooooo i need help urgently.

Yes, ur sponsor can send you the documents thru UPS or Fedex and u can get it in 5 days. she/he might have to pay almost $200 for that

spnsor

From the look of things, ur interview is this week, I will suggest that ur sponsor send it to your via e-mail,(and post the hard copy via courier) print the e-mail and go for ur interview, when you get there present that and let them realise that ur sponsor has posted the hard copy which u will bring to the embassy as soon as u get it. YOu will ask to come back and complete ur case.
Pla make sure u attend ur puntually and dont forget to give us the details, after a succesful interview.

Best of luck