• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Well the Visa bulletin trend is damn slow but who knows there could be a jump along the line.The trend is that all numbers gets current towards the end of the exercise in september(Especially for Nigeria).Lets just hope things get better and everything works to the glory of God.

God is able.

fear not

guys fear not he's wit us(Jesus)...no matter hw slow d trend gets,our time will come in jesus name and we shall all rejoice 2gether..

We Need To Pray Harder

Hi Guys

I could see new names on this trend well I have not been around for a while but thnak God I am back how is Jerci Baba Agba and others?

Well this bulletin nearly give me heart attack but I just take my spiritual mind take am like that because it is damm too slow. You can imagine d dfiffrent inm Januray and febuary 500 ah that means wahala dey oo.but I know that we shall all overcome this Amen

What next

Just find out my number is out in the January bulletin and will be current in February and no 2nd letter yet.
Somebody tell me something. :confused:

Rosmoj,
U would recieve an email notifying you of ur interview date(thats if u provided an email address to kcc).
Alternatively you could call KCC or the US embassy here in Nigeria to ascertain your interview date.
Meanwhile be n the look out for your second package.

Best of luck.

adebayo said:
Amen ooooo

By the way, i just saw this and felt i should share it, The Visa Bulletin for January is out and this is the advance notification for Feb, an addition of just 600 from Jan to Feb.

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN FEBRUARY

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2007 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 11,850 Except:
Ethiopia 10,800
Nigeria 7,600

ASIA 3,800
EUROPE 10,400
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 550
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 825

My people what do you think? sooooooo slow se?

adebayo said:
Amen ooooo

By the way, i just saw this and felt i should share it, The Visa Bulletin for January is out and this is the advance notification for Feb, an addition of just 600 from Jan to Feb.

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN FEBRUARY

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2007 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 11,850 Except:
Ethiopia 10,800
Nigeria 7,600

ASIA 3,800
EUROPE 10,400
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 550
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 825

My people what do you think? sooooooo slow se?

:confused: What's happening here!!!!! I just saw the numbers and I became :( sad and confused :confused: just 600 Up!!!!!!!!!!! this is soooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Asia didn't move at all and Africa just 385 up. God has to come through for us all.
My prayer is that there will be enough visa numbers available for us all by the sept 30th. it looks like more plp are getting the visas or getting married and including their spouses. Anyway our prayers should be that the numbers shd still be available by sept 30th coz they said something like the numbers might be exhausted before the 30th of sept.
I don't want to think negative and I believe God will come through for us all. Amen. Before i forget, welcome back Adebayo :D

Medical Examination

Just felt I should chip this in for those yet to do their medicals:

These are the requirements from Kamorass clinic (with effect from July 17, 2006) contained in a slip of paper they give you at the reception:

1. International passport

(For married women, if you are still using the passport you got as a single and you have an 'observation' from Immigrations indicating a change of status/name, that passport will be rejected at the clinic. You therefore will need to get a new passport. Happened to a woman while I was there. The husband was allowed to start his medicals but wife wasn't unless she got a new passport indicating her marital name)

2. two passport photographs

3. medical forms (included in your 2nd letter ) Pls don't fill them as they will be collected from you at the clinic and u'll pay (N60 per person) for new ones which will be filled by the doctor.

4. Adults: N15,800 each (15yrs & above). Initial deposit of N10,000 each.

5. Children: N9,300 each (14yrs & below)

6. Children below 5yrs should come with vaccination records

Days: Monday - Friday (before 9a.m) We actually started ours on a Saturday but whichever day you go, be prepared to have a lot of patience because the clinic despite having done these things for several years is still not as organized as it should be. So a lot of time is wasted.

Ist day of Medicals
On the first day, you'll sign a form approving that an AIDS test should be carried out for you and your blood sample will be taken for AIDS & syphilis tests. You'll also do an X-ray same day. If you have children, the doctor will check their vaccination records (if you have any) and ask you to pay for some vaccinations for them to take same day. You may be asked to bring them back for 2nd doses at a later date which you will also pay for when they go for the 2nd dose(S).

After the X-ray & blood sample are taken, you'll be given an appointment for a 2nd examination. In our own case, that was three weeks after the first examination! So as soon as you get your 2nd letter, start on time.

2nd examination
3 weeks after, we were there. You also have to go with your receipts from the first day and international passport (including the children's) if you want to be able to collect your results that day.

You are weighed, sight tested (you're asked to read some alphabets on a wall). For those using glasses, you read with your glasses on.

The doctor asks you to remove your top and lie down on the couch to take your blood pressure, check your heart beat & your tummy. Ladies, take note here as you also have to take off your blouse! Was embarrassing but what could we do? :( At the x-ray room, you also take off your top but at least you do that in a changing cubicle and you put on an overall to take the x-ray.

Well, that's all. The doctor makes his notes and I believe usually tells you your results are fine if you have no issues. He also indicates on a slip of paper the necessary vaccinations to be taken which you are then asked to pay for. After payment, you're given the vaccinations and told to come back for a second dose if necessary and if you're still in Nigeria otherwise you’re told to take 2nd dose in America. You later collect your results (sealed) and warned not to open until you're asked to at the embassy. Pls remember to collect your children's results. We forgot to take along our children's passports so we had to go back following day.

That's all. I hope this helps someone.

2Tee

ROSMOJ said:
Just find out my number is out in the January bulletin and will be current in February and no 2nd letter yet.
Somebody tell me something. :confused:

Please send a mail to KCC ASAP to confirm your date,your 2ndletter should have been despatched by now. Send a mail to kccdv@state.gov with subject to be your Casenumber , state your case number, date of birth and full name as appeared in the first letter.

The body of the letter can be like this :

Hello sir/madam,

My Name is ................
My Case Number is 2007AF000*****
My Date of Birth .............

I am one of the winners of the DV2007 lottery, I
received the first package in xxxx and i mailed back
xxxx, and am waiting for the second letter.Please i
want to know if my Interview letter has been sent
because my number showed current for febuary.

Regards.

Pls note,it takes 3 to 5 days b4 kcc will respond to your mail,so have patience with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
At Last Am Happy Now

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Dec 13,A greatday to behold,we collected a pink form with header “ United states of America Diplomatic Mission to Nigeria”.With the 1st paragraph stating “Welcome.You are now far along the way to becoming a United states citenzen!”2nd paragraph read thus “You have been found eligible to receive an immigrant visa.Please do not make any life changes or buy a plane ticket until you collect your visa na soo my own tooooooooooooooooo ...............
THANK GOD FOR MY INTERVIEW,
PLS IF U WANT MY OWN POINT
OF VIEW PLS CALL ME ON THIS NOOO
08023350088. :D
[/COLOR]

Hi Ayo,u might as well help guys by sharing questions that was asked you and wat you think will help others too.I dey beg you no one in this forum must be rejected !!!Try put something together to help. Thanks

Temi,
please which of of the "affidavit of support" do they really requested for at the interview. Is it the support from here or the support from a relative in US?

Regards

doubledroy

ayobiyi said:
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Dec 13,A greatday to behold,we collected a pink form with header “ United states of America Diplomatic Mission to Nigeria”.With the 1st paragraph stating “Welcome.You are now far along the way to becoming a United states citenzen!”2nd paragraph read thus “You have been found eligible to receive an immigrant visa.Please do not make any life changes or buy a plane ticket until you collect your visa na soo my own tooooooooooooooooo ...............
[/COLOR]

Hello Ayobiyi,
Congrats, Ay, i think posting your experience on this forum will be far better than people calling try and share the questions and the entire processes with us. remember we are all here to help ourselves. Once more Congrats. Our God is able!!!!

Share your Experience

ayobiyi said:
[/COLOR]

Congratulations Ayo, God is truly faithful but pleaseeeeeee share your experiences with us. I don't think there's any need for us to call you on phone. Temi shared his own experience with us and we all benefited from it. We are all our brothers keeper. remember that.
Congratulations once again

Congratulations

Ayobiyi,
Congratulations! congratulations!! congratulations!!!
You know what? Posting your detailed interview experience here on this forum will do all of us yet to do the interview a whole lot of good.

So make haste to heve ur experience posted.
We are eagerly waiting . :)

doubledroy said:
Temi,
please which of of the "affidavit of support" do they really requested for at the interview. Is it the support from here or the support from a relative in US?

Regards

doubledroy

Hello,
well as for us we presented affidavit of support from a friend(citizen) in the US.And he gave us all the required document we needed. Apart from that i presented a notarised job offer which stated all my allowances and date of resumption.We did not bother to take along with us our bank statement .