• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Proof of experience

Hi Guys,

The forum is getting too quiet. Postings coming in now in trickles. What happened to all those who had interviews in November? I thought they would give us the benefit of their experience by remebering those of us yet to go through the interview. We're expecting to hear from you to give us the full gist.

Anyway, I hope someone can give me some insight into my question:

My husband who is the principal applicant owns and runs his own business, a kind of one-man show. He has his degree and some professional certificates to tender but no payslips, job offer letter etc. For instance he can't write and sign his own job letter etc. since he's is own 'oga'. He indicated his profession on the forms filled and also specified he is the Managing Director.

Now we are wondering what would be the best way to present his experience at the interview.

2Tee

2Tee said:
Hi Guys,

The forum is getting too quiet. Postings coming in now in trickles. What happened to all those who had interviews in November? I thought they would give us the benefit of their experience by remebering those of us yet to go through the interview. We're expecting to hear from you to give us the full gist.

My husband who is the principal applicant owns and runs his own business, a kind of one-man show. He has his degree and some professional certificates to tender but no payslips, job offer letter etc. For instance he can't write and sign his own job letter etc. since he's is own 'oga'. He indicated his profession on the forms filled and also specified he is the Managing Director.

Now we are wondering what would be the best way to present his experience at the interview.

2Tee

2Tee,
SMALL / INDEPENDENT BUSINESS OWNER like that of your husband should be able to prove with, Ownership documents,Rental agreement,Invoices,Photographs,etc.
Note Business of trading is not a qualifying occupation without substantial verifiable evidience of capital,investment,company strenght and financial standing.

If he has all these in place, then you guys should be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
2Tee said:
Hi Guys,

2Tee

Hi 2Tee, you just took the word out of my mouth!!! our forum has been so quiet for a while now. Where is everyone!!!!!!. Please i employ those of you that would be having your interview in dec to let us know your experience so that we can prepare. We are here to help each other excel and move forward.

is this a scam

i received the following mails and i would like to confirm if it is a scam.

> UNITED STATE DEPARTMENT OF STATE
> KENTUCKY CONSULAR CENTER,
> 3505 N. HIGHWAY 25W
> WILLIAMSBURG
> KY. 40769.
>
>
==================================================================================
>
>
>
> DV GREEN CARD APPLICANT
> 5422200654/05
>
>
>
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> + 2006 DV LOTTERY WINNERS NOTIFICATION +
>
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Dear Emeka,
>
> We are please to inform you, that you have won 2007 GREEN CARD DV
> LOTTERY PROGRAMME which you were entered into our database BETWEEN
> FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2004 AND FRIDAY, JANUARY 7, 2006.
>
> You are expected to corresponce recieved from our Consular Center
> inorder to process your application.
>
> The annual DV program makes permanent residence visas available to
> persons meeting the simple, but strict, eligibility requirements which
> applicants for Diversity Visas are chosen by a computer-generated
> random lottery drawing. The visas, however, are distributed among six
> geographic regions with a greater number of visas going to regions
> with lower rates of immigration, and with no visas going to citizens
> of countries sending more than 50,000 immigrants to the U.S. in the
> past five years.
>
> A special DV case processing fee will be payable by persons whose
> entries are actually selected and processed at a U.S. consular section
> for this program. DV applicants, like other immigrant visa applicants,
> must also pay the regular visa fees at the time of visa application.
> Details of required fees will be included with the instructions sent
> by the Kentucky Consular Center to you in due time from our US
> Consular Office in your country.
>
>
> You are expected to forward your personal data to us for verification
> purpose.
>
>
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> 1. FULL NAME - Last/Family Name, First Name, Middle
> name
> 2. DATE OF BIRTH - Day, Month, Year
> 3. GENDER - Male or Female
> 4. CITY/TOWN OF BIRTH
> 5. COUNTRY OF BIRTH
> 6. MAILING ADDRESS:
> 7. PHONE NUMBER
> 8. E-MAIL ADDRESS
> 9. MARITAL STATUS - Unmarried, Married, Divorced,
> Widowed, Legally
> Separated 10. NUMBER OF CHILDREN THAT ARE
> UNMARRIED AND
> UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE – Except children that are either
> U.S. legal
> permanent residents or American citizens.
> 11. SPOUSE INFORMATION - Name, Date of Birth,
> Gender, City/Town of
> Birth, Country of Birth, Photograph
> 12. CHILDREN INFORMATION - Name, Date of Birth,
> Gender, City/Town of
> Birth, Country of Birth, Photograph
>
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> NOTE: Entries must include the name, date and place of birth of the
> applicant's spouse and all natural children, as well as all
> legally-adopted and stepchildren, who are unmarried and under the age
> of 21 (except children who are already U.S. citizens or Legal
> Permanent Residents), even if you are no longer legally married to the
> child's parent, and even if the spouse or child does not currently
> reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you. Note that married
> children and children 21 years or older will not qualify for the
> diversity visa.
> Failure to list all
> children will result in your disqualification for the visa.
>
> All related forms and documents will be sent to you as soon as your
> personal data has been confirmed along with your entry. Meanwhile a
> surcharge for Immigrant Visa Application (per person applying as a
> result of the lottery program)is expected to be paid by you for the
> onward processing of your application.
>
> Congratulations.
>
> Best Regards,
>
>
> Kentucky Consular Center,
> United State Department of State
>
>

Hello mikejones777,
Please if you have this mail in hard copy tear it right now and if in soft copy delete it immediately this is a real scam. please flee right now, don't reply them oooo if you do these people will yahoo you ooo, just beware. Good luck.

thnaks 4 advice, tot it was a scam but the guys got my name and i actually replied but they didn't ask 4 money. thay said i would receive correspondence from the CC.

Definitely a scam

Hi Emeka, listen to me.That was definitely a scam, no doubt about it.Its happened to me b4.These guys are pros.They may not ask u for any dime initially, they just wanna reel u in first.Firstly, KCC does not notify via e mail, at least not initially.2ndly, if u look carefully , u'll notice some slight grammatical flaws in the mail.Thats a direct give-away.Finally, if its KCC, they wont ask for ur details cos they already have them, rather they'll ask u to fill a new form.Trust me, the next correspondence will go for ur jugular.Flee now!

Hello every1.I want to use this opportunity to thank all those that have been making contributions to this forum.I am new to this forum and i have been following the threads very meticulously and i must say there is a wealth of info here for any DV winner.
Well, i have a question and it is more or less on behalf of those winners (like me)who possess high case numbers.Looking at last years progress, in August 16,000 was current, then the following month everyone became current.I understand it means every1 would now be called for interview but my question is- How could the embassy possibly interview every1 bw 16,000 and say 30,000(i dont know the upper limit but i'm sure it'ld be up to this).There must have been thousands of Nigerians in that number range.Definitely some winners would still not have been interviewed.
Could someone please shed light on this.
Case Number-AF 28***

hi Mike jone777 if kcc was suppose to refer to u, they won't just refer to your first or last name..ur case no must be referd to because it's a "primary key"...i belive u got too exiteted and so many people around u got to know about u & the dv thing..so definately someone close to u wants to play a fast one on u..watch d way u talk about this dv thing..it's definately a SCAM.who ever sent the mail can never ask 4 money now but when u get tensed u won't know when u'll drop ur last penny on u ..may God be wit us all and thanks 4 sharing this wit all...

cestmoi
2007AF***11
waitn 4 2nd letter

Ndy said:
Hello every1.I want to use this opportunity to thank all those that have been making contributions to this forum.I am new to this forum and i have been following the threads very meticulously and i must say there is a wealth of info here for any DV winner.
Well, i have a question and it is more or less on behalf of those winners (like me)who possess high case numbers.Looking at last years progress, in August 16,000 was current, then the following month everyone became current.I understand it means every1 would now be called for interview but my question is- How could the embassy possibly interview every1 bw 16,000 and say 30,000(i dont know the upper limit but i'm sure it'ld be up to this).There must have been thousands of Nigerians in that number range.Definitely some winners would still not have been interviewed.
Could someone please shed light on this.
Case Number-AF 28***

Hi Ndy,

Kindly read this thread: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=232515

This might give you some explanation.

WLD

How Far

:) Wat Happen To Alll D/ Dv Winner Pls Let Someone Share The Interview Wit Us Here Ibeg O My Interview Is Nextweek Ooooo, Nig.

Medicals

Hi Folks,
Just thinking! Have u done your medicals? I guess a few of us have.

I wish to know what the average number of persons per day that come for medicals. For those going soon, can we try and make an estimate of this number.

Will appreciate all feedbacks.

Many thanks to all.

ayobiyi said:
:) Wat Happen To Alll D/ Dv Winner Pls Let Someone Share The Interview Wit Us Here Ibeg O My Interview Is Nextweek Ooooo, Nig.

Hi,

I wish you God's favour at the interview and I hope you'll remember to come back to the forum to share your success with us and give us the details of the interview.

All the best.

2Tee

Successful CP

Dec 6,A greatday to behold,we collected a pink form with header “ United states of America Diplomatic Mission to Nigeria”.With the 1st paragraph stating “Welcome.You are now far along the way to becoming a United states citenzen!”2nd paragraph read thus “You have been found eligible to receive an immigrant visa.Please do not make any life changes or buy a plane ticket until you collect your visa(s)…blab la bla……”

Well I need to start here by thanking all of u guys, you have really tried by solving all challenges we encountered, it was as if we ve been to the interview b4 getting there.

How it all started!!! Actually my wife is the principal applicant.

6:50… We got to the embassy
Tips: please drop all your phones, cosmetic bags and items you feel u don’t need in your car or home to avoid embarrassment, in our case we had to give the phones to the Mopols which cost us little but we were happy to drop money for them afterward we got wat we wanted.
Please 2 passports showing ur 2ears is required orelse u will be turned back.I will advice you stick to the one used in the 1st letter. Opened all sealed enveloped there ooo,not at home ooo..
Entrance:… After the security check, we dropped our Appointment letter at the entrance and we were given 2 slips, one to write the principal applicant information and the other our queue number DV35.

Cashier: we were surprised that we only paid for the principal applicant alone $375, others should be paid later.

Lobby: We sat down watching ESPN till we heard our number!

Our number was call to turn in our docs. Tips: In our case we arranged all our documents separately.We were 3 applying;my wife, my daughter and I. Each of us had 2 big envelops, one for copies and the other for originals, so it was very easy for my wife to turn in all the docs.Even the guys had to ask her if she is a teacher! And all of them laughed and they gave her thumbs up for proper presentation.

We went back to our sit and we were listening to interviews!! Funny though all that were interviewed were given PINK form. No rejection, so that gave me confidence that ours too will be positive (urs too in Jesus name).

Interview: They did our thumb printing and made my wife to swear oath that all that she will say will be true.And asked me to go and sit down. Well she was asked couple of questions.

1. What is d name of your secondary school? What year did u finish secondary school?
2. Did you go to the university? Which University?What course and What was your Matric number? What year did you finish? What year did you finish your NYSC?What are you doing now?
3. What year did your sponsor gets to USA?
4. What took ur sponsor to the USA?
5. How long have you known your Husband?
6. How did you guys meet?Can i see your Photographs?
I guess that was all!!! And he congratulated her and he did not ask me the husband anything.The guy was friendly and gave her the pink form to come back and pick up our visas in a month and we should pay the balance of the Visas fee before collection.

I think I have tried to help someone, but whatever you are going to present please try as much as to be yourself.Thats the key!!! If you know it say it and if you don’t know say u don’t know but be composed and keep smiling all the time. IT IS WELL

Thanks!!!

Temi said:
Dec 6,A greatday to behold,we collected a pink form with header “ United states of America Diplomatic Mission to Nigeria”.With the 1st paragraph stating “Welcome.You are now far along the way to becoming a United states citenzen!”2nd paragraph read thus “You have been found eligible to receive an immigrant visa.Please do not make any life changes or buy a plane ticket until you collect your visa(s)…blab la bla……”

Well I need to start here by thanking all of u guys, you have really tried by solving all challenges we encountered, it was as if we ve been to the interview b4 getting there.

Tips: please drop all your phones, cosmetic bags and items you feel u don’t need in your car or home to avoid embarrassment, in our case we had to give the phones to the Mopols which cost us little but we were happy to drop money for them afterward we got wat we wanted.
Please 2 passports showing ur 2ears is required orelse u will be turned back.I will advice you stick to the one used in the 1st letter. Opened all sealed enveloped there ooo,not at home ooo..
Entrance:… After the security check, we dropped our Appointment letter at the entrance and we were given 2 slips, one to write the principal applicant information and the other our queue number DV35.

Cashier: we were surprised that we only paid for the principal applicant alone $375, others should be paid later.

Our number was call to turn in our docs. Tips: In our case we arranged all our documents separately.We were 3 applying;my wife, my daughter and I. Each of us had 2 big envelops, one for copies and the other for originals, so it was very easy for my wife to turn in all the docs.Even the guys had to ask her if she is a teacher! And all of them laughed and they gave her thumbs up for proper presentation.

We went back to our sit and we were listening to interviews!! Funny though all that were interviewed were given PINK form. No rejection, so that gave me confidence that ours too will be positive (urs too in Jesus name).

Interview: They did our thumb printing and made my wife to swear oath that all that she will say will be true.And asked me to go and sit down. Well she was asked couple of questions.

1. What is d name of your secondary school? What year did u finish secondary school?
2. Did you go to the university? Which University?What course and What was your Matric number? What year did you finish? What year did you finish your NYSC?What are you doing now?
I guess that was all!!! And he congratulated her and he did not ask me the husband anything.The guy was friendly and gave her the pink form to come back and pick up our visas in a month and we should pay the balance of the Visas fee before collection.

I think I have tried to help someone, but whatever you are going to present please try as much as to be yourself.Thats the key!!! If you know it say it and if you don’t know say u don’t know but be composed and keep smiling all the time. IT IS WELL

Thanks!!!

Congrat!!!

Temi said:

Thanks!!!

Temi,

Congratulatations!!!

Temi said:

Thanks!!!

Temi,

Congratulations!!!

Temi said:

Thanks!!!

See i don't want to be talking too much on this forum, i said i know the LORD am serving, he's always right on time , i sincerely prayed for everyone in this forum, in as much as you believe there is nothing he can not do, wonderful testimonies will not depart from your mouth, Temi, God is good all the time, thank him, praise him, worship him and in all things acknowledge him. Am happy for you and your family, very soon I shall share my own wonderful testimony too and i will quote this reply to remind you that i said it. Congrats man.

Temi said:

Thanks!!!

Congratulationssssssssssssssssss Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, this is so sweet and good to hear and i pray all of us will testify of God's goodness. I just wish they will ask us thesame thing :D . Meanwhile thanks for the tips [documents well arranged]. Thank God for this forum and God bless you all