• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

God bless everyone for all the contributions made, it is really very useful. i am so glad i joined this forum.
i am really disturbed about this whole pregnancy issue. if during the medical test you cant get xrayed, does that mean you wont get the visa?
secondly, i have a family of 5 and we do not have a sponsor in america, can we use our own letter from the bank (because by the grace of God we have a good account), and also proof of assets?
Pls can someone help me out here.
God bless us all and grant us our heart desires.

Mariso - If you go with your Nigerian bank letter / proof of assets, you will only delay your application.
As I said earlier we initially went with with a Nigerian bank letter etc. last year and they did not even look at it. Even if you have a billion dollars in your Nigerian account - the point is they won't accept it when you're submitting all your documents.

We were given a letter which stated exactly what they wanted.
You have to find a sponsor in the US because you're married. Goodluck

Hi Everyone

am so sorry for not posting any mail since. my internet access was suspended for sometime but it is back for the moment. but have been reading all the posts. hi jrcies, tunde and the rest of the crew. hope everyone is fine. God almighty will see us through. promise to stay in touch.

'bout my birth cert

hello everyone, my birth certificate is in french and according 2d notification letter, all documents that are not in english must be translated. do u guys feel it will be accepted if i do the translation anywhere??

cestmoi
2007AF00011***
waitn 4 2nd letter

Interview Que.

If one is asked at the Embassy "Why do you want to go to USA?" can someone share on how to answer this kind of que.

Hi everyone,
Many thanks to all for providing members and visitors of/to this forum with priceless advise and tips. I got an email from the US embassy and I thought it wise to share with all. It has to do with Nigerian Police Character Certificates.

Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2006 6:14 PM
To: LgsCons
Subject: Re: Police Chracter Certificates

Hi,
What is the validity period of Nigerian Police Character Certificates? I am told 3 months. Is that true?

Regards

Thank you for your inquiry. It is valid for three months but we accept it for twelve months.

Immigrant Visa Section
U.S. Consulate,
Lagos, Nigeria

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medicals

Hello all,

If ur interview date has been scheduled for December/january and you have not done the medicals by now,please go and do it immediately.I was there on saturday and i was given 24days to come back and complete my tests and result contrary to 3days interval that i had in mind.

Please dont let anything go against u.

Thanks

I would like to know if it is the same hospital, to enable me visit them in time. althought i have a confirmation from KCC via email of my appointment date but i have not received the 2nd package.

what is the way forward now on medicals

DV 2007 -NIGERIA
CASE NUMBER: 2007AF00005XXX
NL RECEIVED: April 06.
SENT BACK TO KCC: May 2006.
CONFIRMED INTERVIEW DATE: 3rd WK IN DEC.
2nd package: not yet

thonia2 said:
I would like to know if it is the same hospital, to enable me visit them in time. althought i have a confirmation from KCC via email of my appointment date but i have not received the 2nd package.

what is the way forward now on medicals

DV 2007 -NIGERIA

The name of the clinic is Kamorass clinic@ 238A muri Okunola , Visland lagos.
For Adult u will make initial deposit of 10k and for children below 16yrs 3.5k, Go with 2 passport photo, your international passport. You can get the form there with only N90 ( though u might need to explain to dem dat u are expecting the 2nd letter).

By the way did kcc confirmed the date they despatched your letter? Cos u are supposed to have received it by now .

it was posted on the 16th oct. 2006, wonderful how many week its takes for a mail to get to Nigeria, thanks so i can visit the hospital with the reply from KCC and explain the situations?

thanks again

DV 2007 -NIGERIA

thonia2 said:
it was posted on the 16th oct. 2006, wonderful how many week its takes for a mail to get to Nigeria, thanks so i can visit the hospital with the reply from KCC and explain the situations?

thanks again

DV 2007 -NIGERIA

My letter was despatched on the 16th of october and i got it on the 31st of october,i guess something might be wrong with your postal address or the system.Please you need to act fast and be sure your letter is not lost in transit . i wish u Goodluck !!!

Daily Devotion

Hello my Good People, Please as we continue in our discussions, i want us to remember our God at thesame time, here is today's devotion giudes to boost our spirit. We shall all succeed by his grace Amen.

November 13, Morning

Daily Light
Christ loved the church, and gave himself for it; that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word.

Walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savour.
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost. Thy word hath quickened me.
The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

Eph. 5:25,26. Eph. 5:2. 1 Pet. 1:23. John 17:17. John 3:5. Titus 3:5. Ps. 119:50. Ps. 19:7,8.

November 13, Evening

Daily Light
Through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one.
Whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven.
Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way ... let us draw near.

Eph. 2:18. John 17:23. John 14:13,14,16,17. Eph. 4:46. Luke 11:2. Heb. 10:19,20,22.

Live your life as if there is God, and later find out there is no God you have nothing to loose; than to live your life as if there is no God and find out there is God and face eternal wrath, i pray his wrath will not come upon anyone of us in Jesus Name Amen. Shalom!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks To All U Guys

Thanks To Everyone Who Has Contributed In No Small Measure To This Great Forum Either By Asking ?s Or Answering One Or Just Giving A Hint. I Have Learnt So Much Behind D Scene From All U Pple In D House.
One Love.
Can A Sponsor Be Prevented From Sponsoring His Mother Later On Just Bcos She Sponsored A Dv Candidate?. My Sponsor Is Excersing Fears That If She Sponsors Me Now, What Will Happen When She Decides To Sponsor Her Mother Who She Might Ask To Come Visit When She Puts To Bed In The Future, Meantime, She Is Not Married Not To Talk About Bn Pregnant

Temi said:
I think there is a portion in the medical form that says they cannot do xray for pregnant woman and medical is key for visa processing. Please call KCC or lagos consulate to confirm this.

The KCC keeps changing the rules of the game at all time.
2 years ago, when I had my CP,I was asked to pay the DV processing fee of mine and that of my husband at the same time.This year,it's only the principal applicant that need pay first.
Then also, I was heavy with 3 months and some days pregnancy and I was succesful with my interview,this year the story is different.
I am told you have to wait for 30 days after your CP to get your visa,mine wasn't like that
Only God knows what rules there are going to change?

Good luck to all

Where can one take digital pictures in Lagos?

Can someone please recommend where one can take digital pictures for dv in Lagos?

Medicals

Temi said:
Hello all,

If ur interview date has been scheduled for December/january and you have not done the medicals by now,please go and do it immediately.I was there on saturday and i was given 24days to come back and complete my tests and result contrary to 3days interval that i had in mind.

Please dont let anything go against u.

Thanks

I have been following this thread for quite a while now and it's been very helpfull and useful. Atleast 75% of my questions have been answered. I wanted to find out some info;

Loladerm: Since you are already through with your interview, how long does it take for the result of the medicals to come out coz i live in abuja, travelling all the way to lagos for just the medicals and coming back to go again won't be easy since i have a kid. Temi mentioned something about 24 days, well i feel he was given 24days to come back for his result because he still has time before the interview comes up. am i right or wrong?

Temi: Please do you have the number for the hospital so that we can call and find out exactly how it goes and what are we to expect in the 2nd package?

24***

interview experience

Brothers and Sisters,
i was suppose to have my interview on 22 nov but later called by embassy that i should come on th 9th of nov but the issue is that the kamorass asked me to checked by for my medical result on the 20th of nov.i told the consular about it and they said i should not bother that i must be present for the interview,i went there after everything the person that conducting the interview said he would like to verify my result and a yellow paper was given to me and they wrote on it that they will reinvite me and i should come along with medical report,but the officer have collected my international passport,police report and the statement of my result.but they did question me for anything like solving maths or english just as people used to say.pls if any body know the implication of these message pls let me know.thanks may God be with we all. :)

obinna43 said:
Brothers and Sisters,
i was suppose to have my interview on 22 nov but later called by embassy that i should come on th 9th of nov but the issue is that the kamorass asked me to checked by for my medical result on the 20th of nov.i told the consular about it and they said i should not bother that i must be present for the interview,i went there after everything the person that conducting the interview said he would like to verify my result and a yellow paper was given to me and they wrote on it that they will reinvite me and i should come along with medical report,but the officer have collected my international passport,police report and the statement of my result.but they did question me for anything like solving maths or english just as people used to say.pls if any body know the implication of these message pls let me know.thanks may God be with we all. :)

I think the consular wants to verify your medical report before he finally concludes your interview. Last year, thesame thing was done to my friend[dv 2006], he was reinvited and after they had evaluated his medical result, he was granted the visa. So don't be afraid, as long as you were told that u will be reinvited, the chances of you getting the visa is a 100% :) I hope this helps and yes i was going to ask what kind of maths and english questions were u given? I think the house will love to know :D

MamaJ said:
I have been following this thread for quite a while now and it's been very helpfull and useful. Atleast 75% of my questions have been answered. I wanted to find out some info;

Loladerm: Since you are already through with your interview, how long does it take for the result of the medicals to come out coz i live in abuja, travelling all the way to lagos for just the medicals and coming back to go again won't be easy since i have a kid. Temi mentioned something about 24 days, well i feel he was given 24days to come back for his result because he still has time before the interview comes up. am i right or wrong?

Temi: Please do you have the number for the hospital so that we can call and find out exactly how it goes and what are we to expect in the 2nd package?

24***

The 24days that they gave me is not that i have time before my interview,infact they gave me a day before my interview and the funniest thing is that they dont even have information about your interview date.There are a lot of people/organisation using the clinic for the same purpose.They are overbooked and they really take there time in attending/conducting test.

Anyway you can call them ......017731536