• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 Tracker

Hi Anahit & Everybody,

In DSP 122, did you just write USCIS or you wrote local office address as well.I also got my letter on 06/17 from KCC and I just wrote USCIS only not Memphis local office address etc.When I read in threads interview went fine but they(USCIS)have not got file from KCC or Dept.of State that scares me,may be I should have put the entire address,who knows how they handle our files or they have ability to determine applicant's local office etc.

Anyone please share if writing USCIS vs Name and complete address would matter in handling the file better in DSP 122.

Jugnu786 said:
Hi Anahit & Everybody,

In DSP 122, did you just write USCIS or you wrote local office address as well.I also got my letter on 06/17 from KCC and I just wrote USCIS only not Memphis local office address etc.When I read in threads interview went fine but they(USCIS)have not got file from KCC or Dept.of State that scares me,may be I should have put the entire address,who knows how they handle our files or they have ability to determine applicant's local office etc.

Anyone please share if writing USCIS vs Name and complete address would matter in handling the file better in DSP 122.
The instructions for that question advise you to write BCIS for AOS if you're not sure which local office would process your case. I put the address. However, I don't think it matters.

Can somebody please let me know, when is the last day to expect the notifications? Is it end of June or or end of July? I am also from Memphis where somebody already rec'd the winning notification maybe this means I should have already rec'd the notification had i won too? BTW congrats to all winners!

Last edited by a moderator:
hmz,
Thanks for being in this forum and sharing your experiences. I have a question for you. So far as I read, we all should wait until our numbers become current and then send the package to Chicago and you are saying to coldstar that we can send our package to uscis in October 1. This is really confusing.

funlu said:
hmz,
Thanks for being in this forum and sharing your experiences. I have a question for you. So far as I read, we all should wait until our numbers become current and then send the package to Chicago and you are saying to coldstar that we can send our package to uscis in October 1. This is really confusing.
The papers we got from KCC only mention that the processing for DV2007 will be from October 2006 thru September 2007. They never mention about applying for AOS when case number is available!
There are a lot of people on this forum who applied in October, and had no problems whatsoever. However, there are some that were denied because of early presentation: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=212811&highlight=denied.
So, I guess, it's better be safe than sorry...

Thanks. I think I will wait until March or April next year. My number was current in June this year. So, we will see how the numbers will go this coming year.

funlu said:
I also wonder why some are denied for early apply some not.
O, it's simple. Once you send your forms to USCIS, your fate is in the hands of the immigration officer. Let's just say "they like being unique in handling cases..." :rolleyes:

funlu said:
hmz,

Personally, i know a few DV2006 winners who filed before their numbers became current, and they got approved without any problems. There is a good example of borya case.

Help, please.

I am new here, so I would like to ask you a couple of questions:
1. I received both letters from the Kentucky Center. I filed for Bolivia, South America. I chose the OAS. My number is 2007SA000002xx.
2. I am have the H1B1 visa and I will file for an extension this coming monday.
Regarding my questions:
1. Should I send the money to the Dept. of State next week? I have four dependants, how could I find out how much I should send?
2. I do not understand about filing the I-485. When should I do it? How could I find out the right time to file?
Thank you very much for your help. :)
Regards,

hmz said:
Personally, i know a few DV2006 winners who filed before their numbers became current, and they got approved without any problems. There is a good example of borya case.
I called the 800 number today, and talked to the immigration officer. My question was "When should the DV lottery winner apply for adjustment of his status." The answer was: "When his/her case number becomes available." I then asked him to tell me where I can read about it on USCIS website. He said that the information about it is on Department of State website (www.state.gov). :confused: I still can't find it. If anyone knows the place please give me the link.
My brother-in-law's white card expires on October 4th, so I was thinking about overnighting his I-485 on October 2nd (1st is Sunday) to keep him in status. But the IO made it very clear that his case would be rejected if he applies early.

Anahit said:
I am looking for the information when to apply for AOS...

The link to the July 2006 Visa Bulletin is: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2943.html

Scroll down to section "B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY". It lists rank numbers for DV-2006 by region:

For July, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2006 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number.

DV-2007 rank numbers will be published from the October 2006 Visa Bulletin onwards.

On second thought, it doesn't actually say WHEN to apply for AOS, just for whom visas are available. However, it seems logical that a visa has to be available on the day the application is received by USCIS. This is the case for employment-based applications, so why should it be any different for DV cases? I guess some people got lucky and slipped through.

To get an authoratative answer you may have to go through the federal registers. I am highly skeptical an USCIS employee would be able to help you.

bahadur007 said:
On second thought, it doesn't actually say WHEN to apply for AOS, just for whom visas are available. However, it seems logical that a visa has to be available on the day the application is received by USCIS.
Yes, I think it IS logical to apply when your number is current. And, not even a month before (since the numbers appear in the visa bulletin a month and a half in advance), but the same month.
This is the case for employment-based applications, so why should it be any different for DV cases? I guess some people got lucky and slipped through.
Actually, a lot of them, not just some. But, it's not worth the risk to apply early: you might loose some precious time in the result.
Thank you. :)

Hi everyone!
I'm Saeid from Iran and I'm new in this forum. I received KCC notification letter on 8/June. My case number is 2007AS00003XXX.
I'm one of the happiest man in all around the world!!! :D
I wish good luck to all other people who wait for this letter!

GCard_Dream said:
If you are the lucky winner of DV2007 and have recieved the first letter, would you please inform us the date you received your first letter and your country of origin.

Lot of us are just hoping and praying that we get selected and desparately waiting for that first letter. Your information might give us some clue as to when the letters are supposed to be arriving and if there is still any possibility that one of us might receive that letter, which I have been waiting for past 7 years :( .

Please feel free to post any information with regard to DV 2007.

KEEP THE GOOD NEWS COMING!
undefinedundefinedundefined

My Notification letter got to me on the 30th of May 2006 at about 10.am :) .As a matter of fact, I was not expecting it, as I did not enter for the program myself. When my husband actually asked me to bring my passport for the lottery.... but I BLUNTLY told him to forget it that I am not that kind of person that could win the lottery afterall I have been trying it for the past 5 years without no result.But my husband went ahead behind me,got my picture ,scanned it and entered me for the lottery program..the rest is history now.I can't thank him enough for that single wise decision he took. :D I learnt the notification letters are been dispatched between May-July.
I hope the rest of you that entered for the program gets your notification soon.

Thanks