• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 Tracker

Me_r_cy said:
congrats ..
which countery are you in ?
and I think your chances are better than someothers bc I have seen some that are AF36xxx
goodluck .. im still having hope to get a letter !

South Africa. Just concerned there will be no visa's left when i get to go. :confused:

hello,
i received my nl on may 8th.it was issued on april12th.my cn is EU 42xx.
good luck to everybody.i hope nl are still coming!

Received DV first letter

Hi,

I just received my first letter yesterday. The letter has a date of May 30, 2006. I am currently in US.

How do you find out if the number is high or low? Mine is 2007AS00008XXX. Is it high?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
kanta80 said:
Hi,

I just received my first letter yesterday. The letter has a date of May 30, 2006. I am currently in US.

How do you find out if the number is high or low? Mine is 2007AS00008XXX. Is it high?

Thanks.
Here is the link for you: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2924.html.
Unfortunately, your number is pretty high. According to DV-2006 Visa Bulletin, 7225 is the cut off number for Asia in July (see (C) in the link above). That means 8XXX would be current in August only. Although, for DV-2005 that number was current in July. So, for DV-2007 AS 8XXX would probably be current in July/August.

Anahit said:
Here is the link for you: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2924.html.
Unfortunately, your number is pretty high. According to DV-2006 Visa Bulletin, 7225 is the cut off number for Asia in July (see (C) in the link above). That means 8XXX would be current in August only. Although, for DV-2005 that number was current in July. So, for DV-2007 AS 8XXX would probably be current in July/August.

Thanks, Anahit for your reply. I am a little confused here. In the visa bulletin, the numbers are given for DV-2006. You mentioned: "for DV-2007 AS 8XXX would probably be current in July/August". Do you mean July/Aug of 2007?

kanta80 said:
Thanks, Anahit for your reply. I am a little confused here. In the visa bulletin, the numbers are given for DV-2006. You mentioned: "for DV-2007 AS 8XXX would probably be current in July/August". Do you mean July/Aug of 2007?
Yes. And, it's just a guess.

South Africa

South Africa. Received NL about 5 May 2006. Living in USA on H1B so will go the AOS route.

Went to USCIS offices in my local state Capitol 2 weeks ago to get more info about AOS. They are worse than useless. Gave me a pile of photocopied papers which they said explained everything I needed to know. I left the USCIS without reading them and when I got home discovered that they were instructions on how to apply for the DV2007 lottery - i.e. the one I've already been selected for.

Also spent an hour on the phone speaking to KCC and every other department that I got transferred to - spoke to 5 different people. Each one had a different story. Some said send DSP122 to KCC others said no. Some said send stuff to Lockbox in Chicago others said not.

There is one thing that I now know for certain: Nobody here that knows what to do.

In reality though it is not their fault. The number of DV's processed is probably a very small percent of total GC's processed and on top of that the number of AOS is probably a very small percent of DV's. So I am just unlucky that I am in that tiny percent of unusual situations.

i am also hoping to hear of some more NLs arriving in Europe. I live in UK, but originally from Serbia.
does anybody know would i have to do it in serbia, or could i do in embassy in london as well? [in case NL arrives :)]

coldstar,

u should send DSP-122 to KCC informing for AOS. In October 1, u can send ur package to USCIS. The process is simple.

hmz said:
coldstar,

u should send DSP-122 to KCC informing for AOS. In October 1, u can send ur package to USCIS. The process is simple.

Thanks hmz. I've just sent the DSP-122 off. Looks like yours went smoothly. What state are you in?

Hi Guys,

I received my DS 122 confirmation letter from KCC yesterday.The letter reads abt.our file being updated for AOS.Also,KCC have done processing our case and we need to contact USCIS for further info etc.The letter also have some general info abt AOS.

Thanks

Winner EU

Hi,

I won it is 2007 EU14XXX dated 4/28, wonder if this is late. I am from the Netherlands. Should I celebrate, since everyone is so concerned about the case numbers? Why are the casenumbers for DV2006 so low, does anyone have an explanation?

Cheers,
Robin

Jugnu786 said:
Hi Guys,

I received my DS 122 confirmation letter from KCC yesterday.The letter reads abt.our file being updated for AOS.Also,KCC have done processing our case and we need to contact USCIS for further info etc.The letter also have some general info abt AOS.

Thanks

hmmm i sent my DSP 122 since 05/13 - yet no confirmation from them although i called them and they say on the system it says received documents... any one have an idea - i'm afraid that they sent a confirmation which was returned since i've been out of the state for a couple of weeks without checking my mail box

blessed123 said:
hmmm i sent my DSP 122 since 05/13 - yet no confirmation from them although i called them and they say on the system it says received documents... any one have an idea - i'm afraid that they sent a confirmation which was returned since i've been out of the state for a couple of weeks without checking my mail box

May be I am wrong, but I do not think think that you should worry. For example, not me or my lawyer ever received any confirmation from the KCC.

Actually, my lawyer talked to them at least a couple of times and they said that they have everything and everything looks in order. I am doing AOS and already have invitation for the interview. I dont think that not having a confirmation letter from KCC would cause any problems.

When or after sending off your DSP-122 are you supposed to make a payment to KCC for running the DV lottery?

blessed123 said:
I sent my brother-in-law's DSP-122 in the beginning of May, and I got the confirmation letter yesterday.
You'll receive it soon. :)