• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

Hi,
Thanks So Much Henry And Barbara
Since We've Received The Ead Card, My Husband's Gonna Start Working Next Monday At A Gas Station-grocery Market As A Manager. In Our Aos Package, We've Sent An Employment Offer Letter For The Same Employer For A Sales Clerk. But Noe The Employer Wants My Husband As A Manager For His Another Market. Do You Think We Should Sent The Uscis Office Another Employment Letter About This Job Or Does It Not Matter?
If You Think We Should Send The Letter, How Do You Send A Document To Your Uscis? Should It Be Delivered By Hand Maybe To Be Sure?
Thanks Again. Have A Great Day.

Hi all, we had our infopass today.
The lady couldn't tell us much. She just said that our packages already arrived and we will get our appointment letters as soon as the slot for interview will be available. What that suppose to mean?

When I asked her about our background checks, she refused to give any information. But I see that other officers have been disclosing this info quite often. Do we have a right to know it?

I also made sure that she understands that this is a dv case, and she reassured us that we will get our letters before October...

Jugnu
I belive they ask FBI to expedite them when they get closer probably after July. I said earlier during my interview officer told me to wait till end of July and he said they know about DV case and they maintain a database, so after July or first week of August they look all the cases and if pending DV cases do not receive Name Check results then they ask to expedite. My wife got instatnt approval and received her card within 11 days of intervew.

Hi Rahim,

Yes, I agree and hope they do it that way.I just can't imagine if they dont do it in early August then there is not much time left for legal litigation either.

Jugnu

EKMEKCHI,

You've already been interviewed so you don't need to worry about documents or employment letters. That part is all done for you.
Just wait for your Welcome Letter and GC.
If your checks have been cleared - and make sure they didn't mean FP results, then it's just a matter of days. keep an eye online. If it takes too long, something got stuck, make another infopass.

THANKS BARBARA,
I HOPE THE LADY HASN'T CONFUSED THE NAME CHECKS WITH THE FP CHECKS :s I ASKED HER FOR "NAME CHECKS" I HOPE SHE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WRONG.
WE'LL SEE SOON :D

Skin Test . . . . . . KCC forms

Hi all,
I Have been so busy that I havent had time to post.
Now about the skin test, the doctor asked as if we had ever had positve results for any previous TB skin test. Since we answered yes, he did not do the skin test, just the x-ray. During the interview the immigration officer gave us back a copy of the I-693 medical form (Page 3) and it was noted that TB skin test not done, chest x-ray done (results normal).

Also the pictures that we sent with the initial forms to KCC were what were used for our green card so i would advise against not sending those forms.

All the best to those still in this "AOS process" hope it ends well for all.

Hi all,
I Have been so busy that I havent had time to post.
Now about the skin test, the doctor asked as if we had ever had positve results for any previous TB skin test. Since we answered yes, he did not do the skin test, just the x-ray. During the interview the immigration officer gave us back a copy of the I-693 medical form (Page 3) and it was noted that TB skin test not done, chest x-ray done (results normal).

Also the pictures that we sent with the initial forms to KCC were what were used for our green card so i would advise against not sending those forms.

All the best to those still in this "AOS process" hope it ends well for all.

Hey Click,
so the officer didn't ask you to re-fill the skin test part on a new form and send it to them? where did you have your interview? and how long did it take to change your status online after your mailed the missing papers?
Thanks a lot!

Hi! Everyone,

I am DV 2007 winner. My case no was available in January. After the case no was available, I immediately sent out all of the forms that I needed to fill in. Then, on 20 February, I did the fingerprint. However, I still don't receive the interview notice right now.

Actually, I have already scheduled an Infopass in Buffalo, local USCIS office to ask them when I will receive the interview notice. But, they didn't say much to me. After that, I called the customer service hotline of USCIS. They still said the same thing as the staff of USCIS local office. They just kept saying I needed to wait for 180 days to receive the interview notice. However, I would like to point out the visa for DV program is limited. Right now, I still don't have interview. I worry about my case.

Therefore, is there anything that I can do for my case instead of waiting for the interview notice?????????

Hello HKjenni,

Please write more info.abt your case and region etc.

If your case got current in January then I dont think so visa numbers will exhaust that soon.please see last year visa bulletins for an estimate.USCIS does not have a sect procedure how to handle DV cases and each office tend to deal these cases differently.....Buffalo must be a heck of a busy office!!!

Please provide more information for a precise response and check the link below

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3009.html

Jugnu

Last edited by a moderator:
Status Check

Got another response back from senator office, USCIS dated 04/09,FBI checks has not clear yet!!!

Jugnu

Got another response back from senator office, USCIS dated 04/09,FBI checks has not clear yet!!!

Jugnu

Hey jugnu,

it is long time. Mine also got stuck at Memphis office (with bald headed officer) pending name check. he said my wife is clear. I don't know how long they take to clear, moreover mine is employment case too. Hope the best and wish you luck.

nathanss

Hi Nathan,

Our officer might be the same,slim and bald headed.Nothing beside wait n wait....good luck to you as well!!!

Keep me posted.

Jugnu

Jugnu786,

Seems that your NC got stuck a little. You should be approved by now. You'll get approved anyways. Just a little longer.

I'm still wondering why some officers provide the information about your background check and the others don't...

Hi hmz,

Nice to see you on the thread!!!Yes, it has been a while now.I guess someone get stuck later in the year or earlier like me chances are they will be cleared at the end at once.My checks are still under 6 month period let's see if that means something for me....

Vinipux,

What's your local office telling you?

Jugnu

Last edited by a moderator:
They said that our packages arrived but there are no slots available for interview (???). The officer refused to say if our background check is completed. At least she was aware of the deadline...