• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

Hi All,
Jugnu, I Hope Everything Clears Up Soon. I'm Gonna Have An Infopass Visit Tomorrow Also. Today, We've Received Our Ead Card. I Hope Everything Goes Great Tomorrow.

Hello Everyone,
I had my interview yesterday, it was so easy, pretty much everything was about the question in my I-485. For those who didn't send anything back to KCC, cheer up, I didn't send anything back to KCC and I had no trouble or what so ever. The only thing that didn't change my status that my doctor in the TB skin test checked "Not Done" and he prefered the X-Ray as we in Egypt have vaccination that gives false positive reaction in the skin test. The officer asked me to go to any of their civil surgeons and do the skin test, mail them the results, and she will mail the GC once she gets that. She said that will not effect the decision but it's just to finalize my file.
So I guess that was good news! well, kinda, I was hoping to get my passport stamped but it's ok.
Anybody knows an estimate on how long does it take them to mail the GC after they get the paper they need?
Thanks everyone for your help!

Hi EFKK,

Thats great!!Once x-ray done send them with a secure tracking mail and give them abt. 2 weeks otherwise take an infopass.

It's hard to predict any timeline you never no with USCIS,just stay on top of situation.My wife's case was approved at interview but no outcome nothing even after one month...infopass and got that fixed.

Jugnu

Jugnu
I belive they ask FBI to expedite them when they get closer probably after July. I said earlier during my interview officer told me to wait till end of July and he said they know about DV case and they maintain a database, so after July or first week of August they look all the cases and if pending DV cases do not receive Name Check results then they ask to expedite. My wife got instatnt approval and received her card within 11 days of intervew.

Hi All,
Jugnu, I Hope Everything Clears Up Soon. I'm Gonna Have An Infopass Visit Tomorrow Also. Today, We've Received Our Ead Card. I Hope Everything Goes Great Tomorrow.

EKMEKCHI good luck! Take all your papers with you also (the same you had at your interview) just in case they want to see something again.

EFKK,
Like Jugnu said, wait about 2 weeks after you mail them the results, and if you don't receive something or your online status doesn't change, take an infopass. It seems like those officers are NOT in a hurry to finalize anything unless you're right there with them. I don't believe they would have finalized my case if I had not taken an infopass.

The only thing that didn't change my status that my doctor in the TB skin test checked "Not Done" and he prefered the X-Ray as we in Egypt have vaccination that gives false positive reaction in the skin test. The officer asked me to go to any of their civil surgeons and do the skin test, mail them the results, and she will mail the GC once she gets that. Thanks everyone for your help!

Congrats EFKK!
I will have the same problem as you. I am also doing AOS in Atlanta and in my country I had the BCG vacine twice!! so I always test positive for TB testing and end up having to get X rays (that happened to me in college three times here in the US)
Wold you suggest I take the results from previuos tests to the doctor and tell him to check the test as done or that I insist on having it done togheter with the xray or just play dumb and have the tb test and get the xray when it comes positive.

Thanks again and congrats.

EKMEKCHI I am sure you had your infopass meeting by now, hope everything whent well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Nacho2008,
I'd recommend to play dumb and let them do the skin test first. I talked to the doctor before so he decided not to do it. Which is so annoying as USCIS cannot take the test with the "not done" box checked, I just called the local clinic here and they want me to redo the whole thing all over again, but hell no! I will only go get the skin test done and make them check the "not done" box for the others so both medical exams complete each others.
Just make sure that everything is filled in the form! "Not done" means No green card for you in the interview :)
Good luck! I will keep you guys posted.

Wold you suggest I take the results from previuos tests to the doctor and tell him to check the test as done or that I insist on having it done togheter with the xray or just play dumb and have the tb test and get the xray when it comes positive.

I had the skin test and XRay done on the same day at the doctor's office because I was sure the skin test would come positive (because of previous positive tests also while in college). They did not have a problem with that. And YES the skin test MUST be done. The doctor checked the rules/regulations and told me that they cannot just do the XRay without doing the skin test (maybe unless you can prove that it's been done very recently I suppose). All the USCIS approved doctors should know that.

I had the skin test and XRay done on the same day at the doctor's office because I was sure the skin test would come positive (because of previous positive tests also while in college). They did not have a problem with that. And YES the skin test MUST be done. The doctor checked the rules/regulations and told me that they cannot just do the XRay without doing the skin test (maybe unless you can prove that it's been done very recently I suppose). All the USCIS approved doctors should know that.
CONGRATULATIONS on getting your GC soon, Henry!!! :)

pls help what it mean under Q#25GIVE dhs.A. number

Q#25 on what form? When I filed for AOS, I didn't write anything anywhere they asked for the A number (you don't have an A # yet until you file for AOS, then they will send you a receipt with the A #). I just left blank whereever they asked for the A #.

DV 2008 (F1 student, 2008AS000058xx)

Hi guys,

I know it's DV 2007 AOS only. First of all, I want to say thank you for sharing useful information for all of us and Congratulations to all the winners.

I recieved the NL from KCC last Monday (3/26), and I felt hesitate to go though CP or AOS. Because my number is not very low (2008AS000058xx). The AS region cut off number in May this year is 5825.

I just sent the forms to KCC on 4/2/2007 (CP). However, I know I still have time to change my preference to AOS before the numbers become available. Base on your experience, what do you think the risk maybe with my number AS58xx through the AOS? Is anyone ever successfully get their GC quickly through AOS after May or June? I don't want to risk to revoke my F1 through CP either.

Please advise considering my case number AS58xx. Thanks a lot.

MN student

Hi Everyone. Thanks So Much For Your Good Wishes For Us.
And Congratulations To Efkk!!!

We Had Our Infopass This Morning At 10:45 Am. Our Interview Was 3 Weeks And A Few Days Ago. And Yesterday We've Received The Ead Card For My Husband.
The Receptionist At The Uscis, Didn't Give Us Any Information About Our Case. She Said That We Need To Wait 90 Days After The Interview To Receive Any Notice And It Would Take 6 Months Also. I Think She Only Said That According To The Rules Not According To Our Dv Case. But At Least, I've Asked Her About Our Name Checks, And Yahoooo!!! Both Mine And My Husband's Name Checks Were Cleared. That Was A Big Relief. Now, I Don't See Any Problems Or Missing Things About Our Case. I Hope We Receive The Green Cards Very Soon. I'm Gonna Wait 3 More Weeks And Then Take An Infopass Again.
By The Way, When You're Having Infopass, How Do You Get Your Appointment? Do You Select "ask A Question About Case" Or "talk To An Immigration Officer"? This Time I've Selected "ask A Question About The Case" And They've Sent Us To The Reception Officer. I Think I Need To Select The Other Option To Get More Information.
Thanks So Much To All Of You. And Hope Everything Goes Excellent For All Of Us.

Hi Everyone. Thanks So Much For Your Good Wishes For Us.
And Congratulations To Efkk!!!

We Had Our Infopass This Morning At 10:45 Am. Our Interview Was 3 Weeks And A Few Days Ago. And Yesterday We've Received The Ead Card For My Husband.
The Receptionist At The Uscis, Didn't Give Us Any Information About Our Case. She Said That We Need To Wait 90 Days After The Interview To Receive Any Notice And It Would Take 6 Months Also. I Think She Only Said That According To The Rules Not According To Our Dv Case. But At Least, I've Asked Her About Our Name Checks, And Yahoooo!!! Both Mine And My Husband's Name Checks Were Cleared. That Was A Big Relief. Now, I Don't See Any Problems Or Missing Things About Our Case. I Hope We Receive The Green Cards Very Soon. I'm Gonna Wait 3 More Weeks And Then Take An Infopass Again.
By The Way, When You're Having Infopass, How Do You Get Your Appointment? Do You Select "ask A Question About Case" Or "talk To An Immigration Officer"? This Time I've Selected "ask A Question About The Case" And They've Sent Us To The Reception Officer. I Think I Need To Select The Other Option To Get More Information.
Thanks So Much To All Of You. And Hope Everything Goes Excellent For All Of Us.

EKMEKCHI that's good news about the name check. Check your status online also, you'll see when they mail you the welcome notice before you receive anything in the mail. When I had my infopass, I selected "Ask a question about my case" also. When I went to the infopass the receptionist officer couldn't tell me much, she just kind of did a lot of things on her computer and printed a few pages from her computer. Then she just told me to wait in the lobby, and she took the pages in another room. Then like 20 mins later a real immigration officer called my name and asked me my passport. Hopefully you will hear something in a few weeks, or else you could try the other option but I think you will still have to go to the receptionist officer first, then he/she decides if you need to meet with a real immigration officer.