Dual Citizen - Traveling With Two Passports

So basically the only time I will use my EU passport will be to pass through the immigration checkpoint on the way in and on the way out of the EU.
I use very similar strategy with my non-EU passport. The airlines only care about whether a passenger will be admitted into the USA, everything else is not that important.

It's all really rather simple:

* You must show your US passport when leaving the US since this is what tells the airline that they do not need to collect an I-94 from you on exit.
* You may also need to show your other passport(s) when leaving the US if they alleviate the need to have a visa for your destination otherwise the airline will expect to see the appropriate visa in your US passport.
* You must show your US passport when checking in for a flight to the US since this tells the airline that you don't need any visa or pre-regisration.
* If the country you are leaving has any form of exit control (as opposed to just using the passport as proof of identity) then you will need to show the passport you used to enter the country with so that your exit can be tied to your entry.

You must show your US passport when leaving the US since this is what tells the airline that they do not need to collect an I-94 from you on exit.

Not at all. There are millions of aliens in the US with foreign passports who do not have an I-94 to return.

Out of interest, who apart from US citizens and resident aliens will not have an I-94 to surrender?

An elderly person came here on B2 visa many years ago. After having arrived home from airport, the I-94 was not attached to the passport and it could not be found since then. Few monthes later, he returned home without I-94. That is it. But the airline personnel filled out the paper.

entered us with US passport, now expired and leaving with a EU passport. No I94W

It's all really rather simple:

* You must show your US passport when leaving the US since this is what tells the airline that they do not need to collect an I-94 from you on exit.
* You may also need to show your other passport(s) when leaving the US if they alleviate the need to have a visa for your destination otherwise the airline will expect to see the appropriate visa in your US passport.
* You must show your US passport when checking in for a flight to the US since this tells the airline that you don't need any visa or pre-regisration.
* If the country you are leaving has any form of exit control (as opposed to just using the passport as proof of identity) then you will need to show the passport you used to enter the country with so that your exit can be tied to your entry.

I dual citizen ship. I entered the US 2 yrs ago on US passport. Which expired recently. I have not been able to extend it yet and was planning on doing so at the embassy in EU. I now only have a current EU passport which I will be using to travel out of the US and into the EU. DO you think I will have any issues if I don't have a stamp of entry in the EU passport and no I94?

Please advise. I am traveling tomorrow:(....

Thank you guys!

Entered US in 09 with US passport which expired in 2011. Now traveling to EU with EU passport noI94

I was born with dual citizen ship. I entered the US 2 yrs ago on US passport. Which expired recently. I have not been able to extend it yet and was planning on doing so at the embassy in EU. I now only have a current EU passport which I will be using to travel out of the US and into the EU. Do you think I will have any issues if I don't have a stamp of entry in the EU passport and no I94? I have my expired US passport with entry stamp to show

Please advise. I am traveling tomorrow....

Thank you guys!

If you have proof of travel within 14 days and live near a passport office, you can get a passport in a couple of hours. I'd advise you to do that. It'd also be quicker than getting it at a consulate abroad. If you can't do this, then you will probably be fine leaving the US on your EU passport. You will most likely not be hassled because you're leaving anyway.

U.S citizen traveling to native country of Ukraine with us passport

Hello everybody, I'm so confused ! Please someone help! I was born in Ukraine during the USSR times and when it fell apart my parents brought me to the US when i was 10. I am now almost 30, married and a US citizen. I'm planning on traveling to Ukraine by the end of this month, however my passport says that I was born in Ukraine. I never had my own ukrainian passport and my parents never relinquished their Ukrainian citizenship. Will they give me problems at the border(Ukrainian)? My last name has changed, will they still consider me a Ukrainian citizen just because my us passport says that I was born there? I don't have a Ukrainian passport nor do I want 1. I just want to visit with my us passport and be allowed to leave Ukraine after with no problems.