Done... US Citizen 3/06/09

rick92

Volunteer Moderator
First of all, let me thank Rajiv S Khanna, our host, for the opportunity and privilege of being a member of this Forum. Also, I want to thank in advance the following members who have already pre-sabotaged my experience in Camp Delta, Guantanamo, Cuba and the "Mojitos" and "cigars" I love the most in company of Fidel Castro alias "The Menace".-

The list is so far short and I know you guys have been here throughout this whole musical show called " Mama-Mia, USCIS, and the Twilight Zone".

In alphabetical order: Thanks to COLORFULMIKE, BARAIDER, BOBSMYTH, BOND, FUNKY BROTHER, GINNU, HBSBOUND, IRFNOR76, JACKOLANTERN, JOHNNYCASH, MR. VERTIGO, NYC NYC NYC, SARREBAL, VITAL2006, VORPAL, VDOSTOI1 AND MANY OTHERS.......

oK Guys, here it goes:

I went to a sort of Infopass Meeting on Thursday March 5th 2009 to 26 Federal Plaza and waited to speak to the officer that had called me. I felt very strange and intimidated by the fact that it would or could create trouble for my N-400. After waiting at the office 700 in Federal Plaza, and after announcing myself to one the counters, I was told to wait by one the doors.

A man in his late 40's came out, called my name, told him to follow him to an office that had no files on the desk, he grabbed one of the folders and handed me a piece of paper that I would later describe as the N-445.

He said they had received my letter, and everything had been already set and programmed for 3/06/09 at 500 Pearl St @ 900 hours. To be present at the Oath Ceremony and that he wished me well as a future USC. He asked me if I had any questions to which I responded NO, thanked him, got up and walked out.

Now, the problem is that I did not believe it, I said to myself, when you see the cert of naturalization, I will believe it. So this morning I got up at 6 am, before waking up at 3 / 4/ 5 am and showed up at 830 am. The entrance was through Worth St, at the Courthouse, I went with my wife, they took our cell phones and we were told to goto room 160 (the Jury Room), a beautiful and peaceful room for about 500 people. I sat down in the front on the left side of the aisle and wife all the way in the back.

Anyway, about 920 am, they (USCIS) calling by rows, we went to two ladies who were asking about the questions asked on the back of the N445, and directed us to another table with two people that had physical posession of the certificates.

And there it was " My certificate with my name on it" ... I could not believe it... she stated to me to sign it ... and to make sure everything was correct and told me that the Judge will hand it to me later. We got a break until 1030 and I went to the cafeteria on the 8th floor. Very nice view of Chinatown. At 1100 am, the Judge showed up, we recited the oath, I wanted to recite it as loud as posible, so that the whole wide world will hear me. Then we sat down, the judge started to talk about her mother being an immigrant from Russia/Poland and how they came through Ellis Island. Very nice story and very moving.

Then we pledged allegiance to the United States Flag and they started calling each name, and the Federal Judge shaked each hand and another lady gave us our certificate. We left and they let us take pictures outside and then I came to work.

To tell you the truth GUYS, I don't believe it yet. Before I had always felt like an American because I grew up accustomed to come to the US and feel at home. Now, this is HOME. Now, I am not only an American, I completed myself with the US Citizenship, and I feel like I finally belong. My house, my home, my country, even though today I hold triple citizenship.

My country, the USA is like a prairie of dreams and hopes for a better future for those who love us and for those we love. We are not perfect but we try to be and that is what's best about us. Beside the material rewards we receive for our jobs, and that is what most everybody else outside the US do not understand about us, that we are always aiming for a better union.

May God bless each one of your journeys and May God bless this country, our country, the United States of America.-

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, I just hope the needless wait end for others. It is sad that they couldn't give you a definitive reason for the delay.

First of all, let me thank Rajiv S Khanna, our host, for the opportunity and privilege of being a member of this Forum. Also, I want to thank in advance the following members who have already pre-sabotaged my experience in Camp Delta, Guantanamo, Cuba and the "Mojitos" and "cigars" I love the most in company of Fidel Castro alias "The Menace".-

The list is so far short and I know you guys have been here throughout this whole musical show called " Mama-Mia, USCIS, and the Twilight Zone".

In alphabetical order: Thanks to COLORFULMIKE, BARAIDER, BOBSMYTH, BOND, FUNKY BROTHER, GINNU, HBSBOUND, IRFNOR76, JACKOLANTERN, JOHNNYCASH, MR. VERTIGO, NYC NYC NYC, SARREBAL, VITAL2006, VORPAL, VDOSTOI1 AND MANY OTHERS.......

oK Guys, here it goes:

I went to a sort of Infopass Meeting on Thursday March 5th 2009 to 26 Federal Plaza and waited to speak to the officer that had called me. I felt very strange and intimidated by the fact that it would or could create trouble for my N-400. After waiting at the office 700 in Federal Plaza, and after announcing myself to one the counters, I was told to wait by one the doors.

A man in his late 40's came out, called my name, told him to follow him to an office that had no files on the desk, he grabbed one of the folders and handed me a piece of paper that I would later describe as the N-445.

He said they had received my letter, and everything had been already set and programmed for 3/06/09 at 500 Pearl St @ 900 hours. To be present at the Oath Ceremony and that he wished me well as a future USC. He asked me if I had any questions to which I responded NO, thanked him, got up and walked out.

Now, the problem is that I did not believe it, I said to myself, when you see the cert of naturalization, I will believe it. So this morning I got up at 6 am, before waking up at 3 / 4/ 5 am and showed up at 830 am. The entrance was through Worth St, at the Courthouse, I went with my wife, they took our cell phones and we were told to goto room 160 (the Jury Room), a beautiful and peaceful room for about 500 people. I sat down in the front on the left side of the aisle and wife all the way in the back.

Anyway, about 920 am, they (USCIS) calling by rows, we went to two ladies who were asking about the questions asked on the back of the N445, and directed us to another table with two people that had physical posession of the certificates.

And there it was " My certificate with my name on it" ... I could not believe it... she stated to me to sign it ... and to make sure everything was correct and told me that the Judge will hand it to me later. We got a break until 1030 and I went to the cafeteria on the 8th floor. Very nice view of Chinatown. At 1100 am, the Judge showed up, we recited the oath, I wanted to recite it as loud as posible, so that the whole wide world will hear me. Then we sat down, the judge started to talk about her mother being an immigrant from Russia/Poland and how they came through Ellis Island. Very nice story and very moving.

Then we pledged allegiance to the United States Flag and they started calling each name, and the Federal Judge shaked each hand and another lady gave us our certificate. We left and they let us take pictures outside and then I came to work.

To tell you the truth GUYS, I don't believe it yet. Before I had always felt like an American because I grew up accustomed to come to the US and feel at home. Now, this is HOME. Now, I am not only an American, I completed myself with the US Citizenship, and I feel like I finally belong. My house, my home, my country, even though today I hold triple citizenship.

My country, the USA is like a prairie of dreams and hopes for a better future for those who love us and for those we love. We are not perfect but we try to be and that is what's best about us. Beside the material rewards we receive for our jobs, and that is what most everybody else outside the US do not understand about us, that we are always aiming for a better union.

May God bless each one of your journeys and May God bless this country, our country, the United States of America.-

BIG CONGRATULATIONS RICK :)

I know you have been very patient.. all is well if end is well.. so well done.. Off course becoming USC is a beautiful, elegant and memorable experience in one's life...

Best of luck in all your future endeavors and please keep visiting the site time and again....

aero

Congrats for the happy ending, rick
I would say that you should put back your signature for the benefit of other members. At least, I can use look at it for motivation.

At the end, do you know why you got this infopass in the first place? Did they just call you out of the blue? Did they mention one of your letters put them to action?

Congratulations Rick...I am very happy for you. Thanks for sharing the experience.

Please, continue to come to the forum for your advice to other fellow members.

done

oK Guys, here it goes:

high Rick92,

Congratulations. i am happy for you. patience moves mountains. afterall they say good things come to those who wait. we still need your advice on this forum. please do not stay away. wishing you all the best.

Congrats on becoming a US citizen and joining the "Triple Citizenship Club" :)

Thanks to COLORFULMIKE, BARAIDER, BOBSMYTH, BOND, FUNKY BROTHER, GINNU, HBSBOUND, IRFNOR76, JACKOLANTERN, JOHNNYCASH, MR. VERTIGO, NYC NYC NYC, SARREBAL, VITAL2006, VORPAL, VDOSTOI1 AND MANY OTHERS.......

Congrats !!!! I am sure Rick has been partying all night !!! It's a thing to celebrate but Rick you need to tell us what exactly happened behind the scenes? I wish USCIS calls me to tell that they have scheduled an Oath for me but that's just a silly wish :)

This is probably one of the most interesting oath experiences I've seen on this forum. Your file was probably collecting dust somewhere, and it got them moving when you contacted them. Kong rats!

Congratulations!!!
No place like America, and you have earned the right to be the Citizen.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, rick92!

I agree that putting the full signature back is a good idea as additional information for those that move through the process after you.

congrats rick92!!!!!! you have finally finished..very happy for you, i actually came on the forum to see if "You" had any upgrades and you did.. GREAT!!! :)

Congrats!
So no explanation on what happened to your file?
Also, how could they have arranged the oath for the following day without sending you a notice?
Anyways, who cares now, right?
Congratulations again!
PS: What are your other two citizenships?

Hello guys, I am back from my first day as a USC.- I am looking at things a little different now, and I am not kidding.

Thanks to Aero_ir, baraider, bobsmyth, risah, vital2006, mr vertigo, funky brother, triple citizen, bOnd, vorpal, rangav, first immigrant, natur08, nyc nyc nyc, sarrebal.... for all your kind words. I really, really appreciate them. I really do.-

Ok, to answer the questions clearly: I believe completely that the letters do help when you send the right words to the right people in our government. And I say this to those who are not yet US Citizens, you do not let your guard down, you do not let other people put you down, and by this I am not saying you have to get angry or nasty, I am sayiing you have to defend your rights, you have to point out in your letters that you are looking for freedom by getting the US citizneship, that you are looking for justice and equality when your application is being delayed for no reason other that bureaucratic red tape. This is what America is all about, you can fight for it, and get it done.

Please, take my example. I did not ask which letter got me results, I just accepted what came to me with humble gratitude and without asking any questions. If they had my file collecting dust somewhere, well, no more.

Never give up until the fight is done. We Americans do not give up. This is the spirit that drove us to this land, let's not forget about it.

Also today, I went to the post office, and I applied for my US passport and made an excellent copy of my cert of naturalization bcs I had let go of it today. At the post office, the lady who took my application was like a General and then I told my wife that they have to be, bcs this is serious business getting the passport. And besides that, I got out of the Island of Manhattan and we went to my favorite restaurant in Astoria, NY to eat and since it was almost 70 degrees, we had a table outside and saw the sunset, my very first peaceful sunset as a United States Citizen.- :)

Wow your story is a good example to us,,

you show us you had patience, persistance, humility, and tons of love for the US.

Enjoy your US citizenship you earned it and you defenetly deserve it :)