Documents needed for Naturalization

The interview appointment letter asks me to bring a proof of registration with the Selective Service. Will a printout from their web site be sufficient?

When going for the citizenship interview, I will probably have to gather all document regarding my present and past residences such as lease agreements, utility bills, etc.

What-if I don't have those?
What-if I just paid cash to somebody to stay?

Is lack of residence documentation any problem with citizenship interview? Would it be sufficient to just get a sworn statement letter that I had lived on an address?

Jonny.
I lost my passport. I looked for it everywhere and I couldn't find it. The last time I travelled out of the United States was almost 7yeaes ago. I have a police report for that. Is that enough? Thank you

Naturalization interview : lost expired passport & I-94

Hi, I have a problem because my citizenship interview is 2 weeks from now and I can't find my expired passport & I-94. The good thing is I have copies of them but I don't know if they will consider it. Do you think I will be deny because of this matter? Please help...
Ann
California

Hi, I have a problem because my citizenship interview is 2 weeks from now and I can't find my expired passport & I-94. The good thing is I have copies of them but I don't know if they will consider it. Do you think I will be deny because of this matter? Please help...
Ann
California

Neither document is required at the naturalization interview.

Thanks for the response.

Neither document is required at the naturalization interview.

The letter that I received mentioned that I have to bring my passports including the expired one and I really can't fint it anymore. Do you think I don't really need it?

The letter that I received mentioned that I have to bring my passports including the expired one and I really can't fint it anymore. Do you think I don't really need it?

Do you have an unusual/excessive pattern of international travel? It seems that they want to verify your travel dates.

Need advise from Gurus
Fingerprinting scheduled for Citizenship April 4TH,2013
I was out of country from November 2012 to 2013 for total of 152 days
Almost five months.
I need to visit my country again before the interview and need advise on how number of days out of USA are counted. Calender days or continuous stay? In my case can I go for 45 days in 2013.
Thanks
Trip was as follows:
November 24,2013 to Feb 15,2013 = 84 days
March 5, 2013 to March 16,2013 =12 days
May 7,2013 to July 1,2013 =56 days
Total days = 152

A note about what to take to your interview.

Just wanted to put it out there I did not take a single thing above and beyond the suggested list that came with the interview notice. All the interviewing officer asked me was my GC and DL - that's it. Sitting there I was thinking about the list on this thread and while it may be useful for some if their case is not as straight-forward as mine, I don't think people should take a cart full of documents with you to the interview. The file the interviewing officer had in front of him had about 400 pages in it (not exaggerating) and I could see that it was all my information. My case was approved after 15 minutes of interview and I have since taken oath as well.

Hey Babu bhai, when you received the letter for an interview, were you asked to bring anything?

Also, how does one go about receiving Tax records for the past 5 years? I can't seem to find any!

I just read the two lists mentioned in the initial posts in this thread - one of items to take to the interview and the other of things to submit with the application. I have to say both these lists are an overkill. Now you are free to take with you to the interview all these items but I would strongly recommend against submitting excessive paperwork with your application. Send only what is asked for in the instructions. If you send too much, you risk the adjudicator getting confused. You don't want that. Always always keep it simple. I have submitted multiple application to the USCIS (and before that INS) over the past two decades and I have never submitted more than the bare minimum.

I got my C in Sept 20111 through my wife (UC citizen). Since then, I made several trips to and from USA (9 in total). Two of which I stayed outside USA for 186 days and 197 days.

My wife a job at a US research institute recognized by US attorney general. I read that I am eligible for expeditious naturalization under 319 b (which waves physical residency requirement to be naturalized.. it is similar to naturalization of spouse of military personnels serving USA outside states).

Will those 2 trips be a problem when I apply for naturalization?

I have already requested and received a FBI identification record. This record lists an arrest from twenty years ago, and lists the charge and result of the case which was dismissed. Now I have listed this case on my application. But now I need to get a certified copy of the case. Where would I start looking for this? The office in which the arrest was processed and the court is close to me. Should I go to the office and request a copy of the case or is it something that should be done on-line?

Thank you for your help
Rob

Johnny,

I have a question regarding my situation. My permanent resident will expire on 12/2016. I am a Canadian Citizen. I have a job offer to work overseas in a contract basis with a vacation of 15 days every 4 months.Reside in Dallas for 1.8 years as my home. What are the steps to do with regards to the timing of all of the necessary thing to do. Can I apply my US Citizenship then work overseas just come home when it is time for such steps? Please need your info/help.........

Johnny,

I have a question regarding my situation. My permanent resident will expire on 12/2016. I am a Canadian Citizen. I have a job offer to work overseas in a contract basis with a vacation of 15 days every 4 months.Reside in Dallas for 1.8 years as my home. What are the steps to do with regards to the timing of all of the necessary thing to do. Can I apply my US Citizenship then work overseas just come home when it is time for such steps? Please need your info/help.........

The information which you have given to us that was so helpful to me. I am really thankful to you Johnnycash. I am agree with you careerlady that he is so helpful.

I see this thread was started a long time ago and there hasn't been any posts in 2018... but curious about the part to bring your current passport along...

What if I don't have a passport? Do I need to apply/pay to apply for one just to apply for U.S Citizenship? For example, if I have Dutch citizenship but don't have a valid Dutch passport (I never applied for one since I left home at age 18 and haven't traveled or left the U.S... hence the reason for not needing a passport).... do I need to contact the Dutch embassy to apply for one?

Will UCSIS ask for this passport at the interview?

I see this thread was started a long time ago and there hasn't been any posts in 2018... but curious about the part to bring your current passport along...

What if I don't have a passport? Do I need to apply/pay to apply for one just to apply for U.S Citizenship? For example, if I have Dutch citizenship but don't have a valid Dutch passport (I never applied for one since I left home at age 18 and haven't traveled or left the U.S... hence the reason for not needing a passport).... do I need to contact the Dutch embassy to apply for one?

You dont need a Passport to apply for citizenship. They wont ask to see a passport!!

USCIS does not need a passport scan for n400 adjudication.
The interviewing officer will ask for your green card and may ask to see your passport, which you would say you don't have. No issues.