Documents needed for Naturalization

I filed on June 11 and I still haven't received a biometrics letter :(
The same here, nothing new since June 10th and Received NOA 10 days later tells that my case was received. No Biometric letter since that time. They also changed the case processing time on my online case telling that the process will be completed from October to be December 2020.
I’m wondering I should wait until my son complete 18 years old to apply his application or I can apply him before the fees increased some days before his birthday?

Hi there
Anyone received biometric note specially those who Filed petition in June or even May? I don’t see an news about N-400 process.Thank you

Is there a timeline for N-400 here in this forum or anywhere? Is there possibility to have bio and interview together at the same day?
Thanks

In order to be put in line for an interview, first your background check must be conducted. That check normally begins after your biometric appointment, so a few weeks (best-case scenario, usually at least a few months) pass between bio and interview. There are field offices that have same-day oaths (in NJ, for instance) after you pass the interview, but I don't know how common that is.

Take a look at the USCIS processing times page and select your kind of application/form and field office. If it says, for example, "8 to 13 months", it usually means that after 8 months that particular FO completes the processing of 50% of all applications in that category, and within 13 months it completes 90% of all applications. Your guess is good as mine to what extent those estimates are accurate, especially during a pandemic and looming furloughs. But it might give you a ballpark estimate.

In order to be put in line for an interview, first your background check must be conducted. That check normally begins after your biometric appointment, so a few weeks (best-case scenario, usually at least a few months) pass between bio and interview. There are field offices that have same-day oaths (in NJ, for instance) after you pass the interview, but I don't know how common that is.

Take a look at the USCIS processing times page and select your kind of application/form and field office. If it says, for example, "8 to 13 months", it usually means that after 8 months that particular FO completes the processing of 50% of all applications in that category, and within 13 months it completes 90% of all applications. Your guess is good as mine to what extent those estimates are accurate, especially during a pandemic and looming furloughs. But it might give you a ballpark estimate.
our ASC office opened July 27th. It is normally between 2-3 month process before COVID-19. I received acceptance notice “applied June 10th”. I guess they focus more in AOS which is time sensitive and it is good for the AOS people specially DV people. But I’m wondering if anyone received BIo letters for those who filed between May and June for N-500 applicants?
Thanks

Adding to this thread, highlighting my experience:

1. N400 submitted 02/15/2020
2. Biometrics 02/25/2020 - walk-in
3. N400 interview + Oath 08/14/2020

This is the Lawrence, MA field office. 16 people became citizens in the morning session - short ceremony, about 5 minutes long. The oath is the longer part.

Reflections:

1. As recommended here, I printed all the evidence. The officer who interviewed me was only interested in two things: passport + green. She didn't ask for anything else. I was lucky or the officers are just overworked and they are not interested in digging through your application.
2. Traffic tickets - disclosed all. She asked if the citations were all under $500, I said yes. She didn't ask for evidence.

Good luck everyone still on their journey.

Last edited:

This is the Lawrence, MA field office. 16 people became citizens in the morning session - short ceremony, about 5 minutes long. The oath is the longer part.

Reflections:

1. As recommended here, I printed all the evidence. The officer who interviewed me was only interested in two things: passport + green. She didn't ask for anything else. I was lucky or the officers are just overworked and they are not interested in digging through your application.
2. Traffic tickets - disclosed all. She asked if the citations were all under $500, I said yes. She didn't ask for evidence.

Congratulations
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Reflections:

Congrats. I am preparing for the application. I have few traffic citations under $500, paid fine, took driver education, do we still need to disclose as yes for question# 23? if I say yes and provided the details of incidents, the summary page shows the incident date/place as Arrested date/place which is misleading. please advise if we just answer "No" for question #23 and carry all the documents during the interview.

Hi There,
If my son is 18 after tomorrow, I will need to register him after tomorrow for selective service? Is it online or just go in person to a special office? he will needs to go himself?
Can I submit For him his N-400 right away after he registered his selected service proof? will he needs to create his online account with his personal email and his phone number?
thank you for any advise or experience.

Hi There,
If my son is 18 after tomorrow, I will need to register him after tomorrow for selective service? Is it online or just go in person to a special office? he will needs to go himself?
Can I submit For him his N-400 right away after he registered his selected service proof? will he needs to create his online account with his personal email and his phone number?
thank you for any advise or experience.

Yes, he can register online https://www.sss.gov/register/
And yes, on his 18th birthday he can file N400 assuming he meets the requirements to naturalize. He will need his own myuscis account.

Yes, he can register online https://www.sss.gov/register/
And yes, on his 18th birthday he can file N400 assuming he meets the requirements to naturalize. He will need his own myuscis account.
Thank you for your reply and the information.
I’m wondering is the biometric shouldn’t be in order ( priority date) And office field?
I have a friend who apply for GC based on marriage and he did his biometrics 8 weeks From his filed date. I did my n-400 about 10 days before him and we didn’t receive Biometric yet although we both In the same office.
Is AOS based on marriage proceeding faster then n-400? thank you. Of course AOS people need more relief.

Thank you for your reply and the information.
I’m wondering is the biometric shouldn’t be in order ( priority date) And office field?
I have a friend who apply for GC based on marriage and he did his biometrics 8 weeks From his filed date. I did my n-400 about 10 days before him and we didn’t receive Biometric yet although we both In the same office.
Is AOS based on marriage proceeding faster then n-400? thank you. Of course AOS people need more relief.
I have no idea what their current priority is - they obviously have a huge backlog of cases that have built up while the ASCs were closed. Pre-Covid there didn’t seem to be any difference between types of applications and how long to get a bio but that has clearly changed now.

I have no idea what their current priority is - they obviously have a huge backlog of cases that have built up while the ASCs were closed. Pre-Covid there didn’t seem to be any difference between types of applications and how long to get a bio but that has clearly changed now.
the field office reopened July 27th.

Hi, is it ok for 18 years old full time student to apply for N-400 fee's waive even if he lives with parents or tht might be effect his citizenship process?
is the the new fees next month will make the process faster , it is 15 business day process? thank you

hello
In the 18th birthday we must register for the selective service? Is the selective service gives the proof online by email at the same day or i have to wait to recieve the proof by mail? i think he can't submitt the n-400 without it. correct? i want to help him file for citizenship ASAP since we didn't finish our process until he turned 18 yrs.
Can help my son and put my inofrmation in n-400 online or it will not be helpful for him as a prt of his english test? i mean as immigrantion paper for 18 years old will need help. thank you for your advise.

Last edited:
hello
In the 18th birthday we must register for the selective service? Is the selective service gives the proof online by email at the same day or i have to wait to recieve the proof by mail? i think he can't submitt the n-400 without it. correct? i want to help him file for citizenship ASAP since we didn't finish our process until he turned 18 yrs.
Can help my son and put my inofrmation in n-400 online or it will not be helpful for him as a prt of his english test? i mean as immigrantion paper for 18 years old will need help. thank you for your advise.

Did any of his parents naturalize and become citizens before he was 18? If yes, he may already be a citizen. Otherwise he can file N-400 and follow the regular process. Regardless of citizenship status, all legal residents need to register for selective service as per the law between the age of 18-26. You can do it online at SSS.gov

Did any of his parents naturalize and become citizens before he was 18? If yes, he may already be a citizen. Otherwise he can file N-400 and follow the regular process. Regardless of citizenship status, all legal residents need to register for selective service as per the law between the age of 18-26. You can do it online at SSS.gov
Than you Fin for your reply.
None of us citizen, we submitted our applications for naturalization since June 10th and we didn’t have any updates for our biometrics which is strange that others did although they submitted their applications after us.
So since we “ the parents” still in process, he is not citizen and I will submit for him online. Hope to get the selective service Information online Or we have to wait to send us this proof by mail? so we can submit his n-400 as soon as became 18years old. Can do the application for him or let him do it and I supervise him ? He is high school student so it will be only this job or since middle school should be reported as jobs?
We appreciate if there is advise or any forum sharing similar experience. thanks

If you sign up at SSS.gov you should get an immediate confirmation. You can also print a letter confirming enrollment. It doesn’t matter who fills the application but since he is above 18, he has to sign it. Just report all jobs, it really doesn’t matter.

If you sign up at SSS.gov you should get an immediate confirmation. You can also print a letter confirming enrollment. It doesn’t matter who fills the application but since he is above 18, he has to sign it. Just report all jobs, it really doesn’t matter.
Great to know. thank you. I will fill it for him and have him review and sign it.
Any news about the application fees or still the same increase in October 2nd? He is only some days different to turn the 18 :(