Documents needed for Naturalization

Hello to everybody!

Im scheduled for interview this Oct 15. I have 3 questions regarding my situation.

1st) i just realized that i forgot to send my picture in the applications i sent

2nd) i got married last july 2007, and had my name change in terms of SSN card, driver's license and at work..but not in my green card. when i filed my citizenship app last feb 2008, i used my new married name but i included my marriage certificate..will that be a problem?

3rd) i got my gc last July 2002, but i only stayed continously here in california since APRIL 2004. Technically my green card is more than 5 years but my stay is only 4 years and so so...will i get denied because i have not been physically present in this country for 5 years?

Thank you very much for all your help!

N400_Arrested

I was arrested for prostitution.I am going to apply for a citizenship and I am worry about it. Does anybody has the same case or knows someone who has similar case. And what should I do.

Thanks

I was arrested for prostitution 7 years ago. I went to the court and my case was dismissed by diversion.
I am going to apply for a citizenship and I am worry about it. Does anybody has the same case or knows someone who has similar case. And what should I do.
Please help me.

Thanks

In my personal opinion, you might want to file your application through an attorney to be safe. I don't know anyone who had in exactly same situation but every case has different circumstances.

Hello to everybody!

Im scheduled for interview this Oct 15. I have 3 questions regarding my situation.

1st) i just realized that i forgot to send my picture in the applications i sent

2nd) i got married last july 2007, and had my name change in terms of SSN card, driver's license and at work..but not in my green card. when i filed my citizenship app last feb 2008, i used my new married name but i included my marriage certificate..will that be a problem?

3rd) i got my gc last July 2002, but i only stayed continously here in california since APRIL 2004. Technically my green card is more than 5 years but my stay is only 4 years and so so...will i get denied because i have not been physically present in this country for 5 years?

Thank you very much for all your help!

1) if you already have an interview scheduled then you will be asked for photographs in the interview.
2) Did you put your old name in the section on the n-400 application where it asks for all other names used? You are supposed to disclosed all the names used in the past.
3) if you read the n-400 application instructions it states that, if i remember it correctly, physical presence in the country should be more than 2 yrs and 6 months and no continues out-of-country trip duration more than 6 months (or was it one year). if above is true for you then you are fine.

Thanks a lot Johny Cash for your prompt Reply, & yes i did not go through guide to naturalization completely since i was under impression that my case will be denied.Anyway i will take my chances & thanks again for valuable information.

Deeps0

when were you arrested and why are you under impression that your case will be denied.

I was arrested few years back, still trying to collect my case dismissed papers from court since i cant find my ticket & dont know my case number.

If you did not register with the Selective Service and you (1) are male, (2) are 26 years old or older, and (3) lived in the United States in a status other than as a lawful nonimmigrant between the ages of 18 and 26, send:
A "Status Information Letter" from the Selective Service (Call 1-847-688-8888) for more information.

While applying for naturalization (n-400) and if you have lived in United States on B1, H1/L1 visas and Green Card, do you have to get a status information letter from selective service and submit it?

I have prepared my application electronically almost 6 months in advance of my eligibility date. Later I realized that we can submit only 90 days before. Accordingly I applied in May 08. However during the waiting period I have received a speeding ticket on 3/1/08 and paid the fine on 3/7/08. However I missed to change the answer to question "Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason?"from 'No' to 'Yes'. One reason is I thought a traffic ticket is not a citation. In the country from where I came, Citation is commonly referred to the speech read out and presented to a person when he is honored in a public meeting. This may not be an acceptable point, unfortunatley that is what happened in my case.

I have received my interview letter and then started looking into this forum and hit upon the point that 'Speeding Ticket' is actually a citation.

My question is what are the options I now have to take corrective action so that my case will not be denied for 'non disclosure' of information?

I have prepared my application electronically almost 6 months in advance of my eligibility date. Later I realized that we can submit only 90 days before. Accordingly I applied in May 08. However during the waiting period I have received a speeding ticket on 3/1/08 and paid the fine on 3/7/08. However I missed to change the answer to question "Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason?"from 'No' to 'Yes'. One reason is I thought a traffic ticket is not a citation. In the country from where I came, Citation is commonly referred to the speech read out and presented to a person when he is honored in a public meeting. This may not be an acceptable point, unfortunatley that is what happened in my case.

I have received my interview letter and then started looking into this forum and hit upon the point that 'Speeding Ticket' is actually a citation.

My question is what are the options I now have to take corrective action so that my case will not be denied for 'non disclosure' of information?

No need to disclose unless IO asked specifically for citation. No worries.

If you have had speeding tickets, you answer YES to have you ever been arrested, convicted or cited....questions.

Then you have to produce a court certified disposition, is this correct?

How many years of traffic violation court disposition certificates you submit along with application? Do you have to even do this or just have the documents in your possession when you go for an interview.

I live in a area where we have three towns in the vicinity and each of the town has their town court and I have speeding ticket from three different town courts in last five years, Do I need to obtain certificate from each of the town court? or State DMV can provide you summary of all traffic violation in the state? I'm sure many of us here may have traffic violations and paid fine in various town/city court. How did you guys file?

question regarding fingerprinting

i had my finger printing dine on september 20, 2008...im just worried if i passed the biometrics...no crimes and such!do i have to wait like 9 months?i want my interview soon..pls advice...thnks i appreciate it:):confused:

Hi Johny Cash,

Can you give your advise on this?

I just called the IRS for the tax transcripts. However, the lady told me she could only give me 2004-2007 transcripts. If I need 2003, I will have to pay $39. Anyways, I just asked her to order the 2004-2007 transcripts. Any suggestion on how to get the 2003 transcript without paying $39? can I just bring the 4 years' transcript and a copy of 2003 tax filing for interiew? thanks in advance for any help

I have seen people mentioning affidavit? What is that?
Also, which documents do we need to get notary for? I am preparing a lot of documents but don't know which documents need notary.

Send tax returns with application?

From the N400 guide it sounds like they want the tax returns sent with the initial application, but in this thread everyone is talking about bringing them to the interview. Is it OK to not send them with application?

I ask because we're filing N400 for my wife, but I haven't filed our taxes yet for past couple years (my bad! and I actually expect to get a rebate based on how much tax I've already paid, so it's not that I'm avoiding *paying* taxes, just haven't filed the return yet). My tax guy is going to have them all sorted out in a couple weeks, but we have the rest of the application ready now. Should we just send it without the tax returns (to get the process started), or wait? Will not sending them now cause a delay by causing the USCIS to ask us to them send them later, or if they want more docs do they just request you bring them at the time of the interview?

Thanks!

From the N400 guide it sounds like they want the tax returns sent with the initial application, but in this thread everyone is talking about bringing them to the interview. Is it OK to not send them with application?

I ask because we're filing N400 for my wife, but I haven't filed our taxes yet for past couple years (my bad! and I actually expect to get a rebate based on how much tax I've already paid, so it's not that I'm avoiding *paying* taxes, just haven't filed the return yet). My tax guy is going to have them all sorted out in a couple weeks, but we have the rest of the application ready now. Should we just send it without the tax returns (to get the process started), or wait? Will not sending them now cause a delay by causing the USCIS to ask us to them send them later, or if they want more docs do they just request you bring them at the time of the interview?

Thanks!

You don't have to send anything other than 2 passport photos and a copy of both sides of your GC. Bring the tax returns to the interview and you'll be fine.

What documents should I attach to N-400 if I file after 3 years of residency based on I-360 VAWA? Should I attach I-360 approval? Any marriage proof?
Thanks!

Selected Service question

"Are you a male who lived in the united states at any time between your 18th and 26th birthdays in any status except as a lawful nonimmigrant? "

I didn't register it beacue I was still a F1 Student when I turned to 26.. I am now 34.. So should I say NO for this question? F1 is a lawful nonimmigrant status right?

And I am not sure whether I need to attach/bring the request for status information letter from ssa says I was not required to register beacue I was under F1 status betwen 18 and 26?

Little bit confussing here..

Selected Service question

"Are you a male who lived in the united states at any time between your 18th and 26th birthdays in any status except as a lawful nonimmigrant? "

I didn't register it beacue I was still a F1 Student when I turned to 26.. I am now 34.. So should I say NO for this question? F1 is a lawful nonimmigrant status right?

And I am not sure whether I need to attach/bring the request for status information letter from ssa says I was not required to register beacue I was under F1 status betwen 18 and 26?

Little bit confussing here..

Since you're over 31 years of age, you don't have to obtain status information or attach any additional information. Read the following article for more information, specifically the section pertaining to applicants over 31 years of age: http://www.shusterman.com/natz-ss99.html