Documents needed for Naturalization

documents for finger printing?

FP is on 04/17 (Vermont).
I have asked to bring
- the notice and
- my green card

do I need to take anything else? just in case.

Thanks a ton to this website members.

MD.

I got a traffic ticket ~7 years ago. I don't even remember the date/year to be exact, but it was before I got my green card.
Should I mention that?

I got a traffic ticket ~7 years ago. I don't even remember the date/year to be exact, but it was before I got my green card.
Should I mention that?

Upto you, but not mentioning that old traffic ticket will not put you in trouble unlee the fine was more than $500.

Upto you, but not mentioning that old traffic ticket will not put you in trouble unlee the fine was more than $500.

It was a $110 fine, but did not make it to my driving records as I went for no contest/probation for 6 months.

Hi Tushar,
Can you please provide me the link as to how to apply for Selective Services letter (stating that I was not in US )?

N-400 Interview

Hi all,

I filed my N-400 based on marrige to a USC. I just recived the interview letter and it asks us both to be in the interview. Is that typical?

also they have asked for any civil complaints againest me? I dont understand what they mean. Can some one who knows this stuff explain it to me?

thank you all.

GC and DUI

i got a DUI last year n february, ins sent me a letter last april sayin that they need a letter of disposition of my case by may 15,which i dont have coz i havent been to court yet,my lawyer told me to pay another 500 on top of the 3000 i already paud in the begining so she can send in some documentation from my DUI lawyer,but told me that there is a chance they might still give it to me,i was once a name check victim so im in my 3rd year with no GC,anyone knows anything about a case like this n if there is any posibillity that they can still give it to me without a resolution pls let me know.
thx n gall the best to all u guys havin INS issues.thx

Hello all,
I am going to file my N-400 next week. I didn't file 2003 Tax return as I had no income back then and our tax accountant told me that there is no need to file the return if I have no income at all. She suggested I attach a copy of my husband's foreign income showing that he was the only provider in 2003 (my husband had no legal status in 2003 in US). Shall I mark on the application form that I "failed to file 2003 tax return" and attach his affidavit along with financial information? Shall I write the explanation as to why I didn't file and attach it to the application or rather explain it at the interview?
Please advise.
Thanks!!

Hi,

I just received the "Case File Review Notice / Document Check List received" letter indicating the documents I need to bring to my interview process. However, I have not received any ID yet.

1) Has anybody receive "Case File Review Notice / Document Check List" letter ?
2) Does this mean I am close to get the IL soon?

-------------------------
TSC / Tampa (DO)
06/03/2008 : N400 Mailed
06/05/2008 : PD
06/26/2008 : FP
07/08/2008 : Case File Review Notice / Document Check List received

Hello Johnny Cash,

Thanks for the detailed post. Can you please post the documents needed for GC for parents.

Thanks very much,
akapoor

N-400 Form Fill out

Gurus,

Can anybody tell me, should I need to declare my parking ticket, speed ticket violoation in the N 400 Form where they are asking ---

16. Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer
(including USCIS or former INS and military officers) for any reason?

Thanks!

Dip

Gurus,

Can anybody tell me, should I need to declare my parking ticket, speed ticket violoation in the N 400 Form where they are asking ---

16. Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer
(including USCIS or former INS and military officers) for any reason?

Thanks!

Dip

Forget about the parking ticket.
But please, explain moving violation for speed ?

Are we required to provide USCIS with copies of all the required documents or showing them originals at the time of interview will be enough.

Are we required to provide USCIS with copies of all the required documents or showing them originals at the time of interview will be enough.

Originals must need to take at the interview without any doubt, but it's always better to have photocopies of ALL documents as well so that IF interviewing officer ask to keep any of the documents then it would make officer's job easier than him/her going to a photostate machine in the office and feeling extra burden/hassel to do all this work...You wanna have a smooth process for you and the officer so that your case gets approved without a hitch, right?? If so, there you go...

Affidavit for lack of birth certificate

I submitted an affidavit by my parents when my GC was processed. I can't locate a copy right now. If the IO ends up asking for one, would it have negative affects other than delaying the processing by a month or two? I would rather not inconvenience my family.

22. Have you ever:

Hi Johny Cash,

I have a question regarding one of the question asked.
Please mention the answer. Do i need to get any document from court or DA.

D. Good Moral Character.

22. Have you ever:
Been a prostitute, or procured anyone for prostitution?

I was arrested for prostitution charges when i offered a money to undercover officer for date.They arrested me & asked to attend a certain program & after one day seminar charges were dropped against me, Do i have to say yes in front of that question in N-400 form, Also do i have to mention it under moral character 15-21 about my arrest section & what should be the answer under Outcome or disposition of the arrest, citation, detention or charge.

Thanks

Did you even take a look at the application and read the guide to naturalization?? I doubt it. Because if you had then you would have known that you MUST need to disclose ALL the arrests and charges you have been involved to. So yes, you have to answer YES to any of these questions...like being arrested and charged and for procured someone for prostitution. They would know about it anyway by doing all kind of background checks on you unless you have sealed your whole record.

Also, you MUST need to submit a court certified copy of disposition of your case along with your application. Make sure to get gather certified copy of Police Report as well but you don't need to send it with the application...Just take that with you to the interview in case officer would like to see it. There was exactly the same case 2-3 yrs ago over here from NC and the person got denied...Procurement for prostitution doesn't look good in the eyes of immigration....

Good luck....

Hi Johny Cash,

I have a question regarding one of the question asked.
Please mention the answer. Do i need to get any document from court or DA.

D. Good Moral Character.

22. Have you ever:
Been a prostitute, or procured anyone for prostitution?

I was arrested for prostitution charges when i offered a money to undercover officer for date.They arrested me & asked to attend a certain program & after one day seminar charges were dropped against me, Do i have to say yes in front of that question in N-400 form, Also do i have to mention it under moral character 15-21 about my arrest section & what should be the answer under Outcome or disposition of the arrest, citation, detention or charge.

Thanks

Thanks a lot Johny Cash for your prompt Reply, & yes i did not go through guide to naturalization completely since i was under impression that my case will be denied.Anyway i will take my chances & thanks again for valuable information.

Deeps0

Yes i did talk to an attorney and he advised me to get the a court certified copy of disposition of my case & he will look at it & tell me if i should apply for my citizenship or not, also just to metion when i have gone through FOPP programme "first offender program" they said the certificate they will give for the participating in this program might help me during the interview but i never received it in mail, I guess i have to to get another copy of it & post it with my application.

Thanks for the suggestion