Do CBP officers still say "Welcome home" to you when you come back to USA after a overseas trip?

WBH

Registered Users (C)
Many PRs reported CBP, after verifying their green card, greet them with "Welcome home" that give them
a warm feeling. Maybe that greeting is special for PRs but citizens on the hand, by default should always
come back so that there may be not such greeting anymore.

Many PRs reported CBP, after verifying their green card, greet them with "Welcome home" that give them a warm feeling. Maybe that greeting is special for PRs but citizens on the hand, by default should always come back so that there may be not such greeting anymore.

I've never been told "Welcome Home". I've never cared.

I do not recall hearing that often as PR. The one instance I do recall is when the officer said "Welcome back" (still as PR).

I have also never received "Welcome home" or "welcome back" as the PR. Never cared as well. Last time, coming from overseas as a citizen, I've been told "Welcome back", but that was rather an exception to the rule. I want to be processed as quickly as possible and with as little questioning as possible, warm feeling doesn't help coming from a 12-hour flight.

Not only I never got any Welcome coming back, but half of the time I was detained and questioned! Usually I have to answer about 5-10 questions..and then let go.

I always got a Welcome back/Welcome home on re-entry on my GC. Will have to wait and see with the US Passport

I've just got back yesterday to SF and here is the conversation;
Officer- Hi
me- hi
o- why did you go to X?
m- family visit
o- what do you do?
m- engineer
o- which company?
m- XXXX
o- how much money do you have on you?
m- 300 bucks
o- Welcome back
m- thanks :)

On Saturday, we were driving back from Canada and had to spend 2 hours in que at Peace Arch. The conversation itself with the CBP agent was short and we were on our way after several minutes. No "welcome back" of any sort ;)

Several minutes is not a short conversation at a land crossing in my opinion :). I have had crossings that have been 20 to 25 seconds in duration. Those are short :)

The conversation itself with the CBP agent was short and we were on our way after several minutes.

No welcome home here. It was my first trip as a citizen, I handed over my US passport and the CBP agent asked "What country are you a citizen of ?" I quickly replied U.S., not sure it he was testing me or it was a long day for him. After that he said , have a great day.

Several minutes is not a short conversation at a land crossing in my opinion :). I have had crossings that have been 20 to 25 seconds in duration. Those are short :)
I always travelled to Canada with my wife, so whenever we return to the USA, CBP agents usually ask me and my wife different types of questions. We have crossed the land borders 7 times by now, and it has never been shorter than 2 minutes. So, I guess from my point of view it was short :)

By the way, last Saturday they pulled A LOT of cars to secondary at Peace Arch. From what I could see, just from my lane 3 cars were given a slip and pointed at the secondary. When I started driving from the booth, I saw that they significantly increased the secondary inspection area by putting red cones, and still it was filled with cars. Mostly Canadian cars because there were 90% of Canadians crossing the border (to go shopping, I believe).

Dont you guys think that there are more important questions than find out if officer says 'welcome home' when you 're back in usa.

This sub-forum is pretty quiet anyway, so why not entertain ourselves? ;)

I agree.. Who really cares what they say, but its entertaining, now that we are almost at the end of the journey (I just took the Oath today).