Discuss status of recent I-140 approvals

always_in_labor said:
It looks like their plan is to complete processing atleast before the expiry of the fingerprint.So whoever got FP notice after ohata memo , is likely to get 485 processed within 1 yr.
If 485 is not ready for processing , they will not send FP notice.

I know someone who fp twice. So, it does mean if one gets the fp, his application will approve in 1.5 year. Of course, we hope for fast approval.

That 2nd FP happened in the old processing. To avoid that, they decided to dealy the FP 9 months or so, so they would not need to go there a 2nd time.

With the new processing ,it loooks like they are shooting to get 485 done with one FP only.
elnegro

They want to process 485 withing 1 yr of FP...

EAD/AP/FP , they will save 3/4 of resource this way, by avoiding 2nd ead, 2nd fp, 2nd ap etc....

last updated date is 05/28/2004

I noticed that last updated date is 05/28/2004 for all my cases 140 and 485 my self spouse and child.

Any one has any opinion …what’s going inside?

just i got fP notifications dated june? what's the meaning in chage for all cases even 140..and all my family 485's

madhu69 said:
bcis

is your fp completed, May be they received your FP's and updated your status

Received FP today

Received FP notice today to do on June 18th in Boston.(Gave Boston Addressin all Apps).

RD: 04/28/04
ND:05/10/04

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH ELNEGRO 's interpretation

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH ELNEGRO 's interpretation but my question to ELNEGRO IS

WHAT IS THE DATE BASED ON WHICH THEY (INS NEBRASKA ) IS GOING TO PROCESS MY 485 APPLICATION ???????

MY CASE
LABOUR APPROVED , EAD/FP DONE MID MAY 2004 !

======================================

I-140 is not the King anymore - I485 rules !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like after the new procedure took place, the I 140 lost its leading role. The AC21 will really be useless as the timing for I140s is madated by the processing of the I-485. If you do not agree, prove me wrong !

We cannot be 100% until we start seing approvals with the new process, but it looks like it makes not sense to track the I140 as it will be immediately approved once the I485 is approved.

I filed on late January concurrently. I did not have my I140 approved yet, but this week I did the fingerprints. How can you explain this? Maybe they are working on my I485 and when ready they will move to the I-140.

Concurrent filers, any comments??

GeorgeMicheal and others,
Remember that everything written is not set in stone.USCIS has discretion to do anything and that explains the randomness.They know that if they process the latest filing,and ignore the old cases,they are going to get their sued off big time ,as its supposed to be first in first out queue.Remember that Ohata memo says a lot but how many people have had their 485 since april 30.? This is going to cause another back log somewhere.
Remember 140 has theoratical more significance than 485 as its the petition if not approved can derail 485 and everythng else.
So 140 still rules.

GeorgeMichael said:
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH ELNEGRO 's interpretation but my question to ELNEGRO IS

WHAT IS THE DATE BASED ON WHICH THEY (INS NEBRASKA ) IS GOING TO PROCESS MY 485 APPLICATION ???????

MY CASE
LABOUR APPROVED , EAD/FP DONE MID MAY 2004 !

======================================

I-140 is not the King anymore - I485 rules !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like after the new procedure took place, the I 140 lost its leading role. The AC21 will really be useless as the timing for I140s is madated by the processing of the I-485. If you do not agree, prove me wrong !

We cannot be 100% until we start seing approvals with the new process, but it looks like it makes not sense to track the I140 as it will be immediately approved once the I485 is approved.

I filed on late January concurrently. I did not have my I140 approved yet, but this week I did the fingerprints. How can you explain this? Maybe they are working on my I485 and when ready they will move to the I-140.

Concurrent filers, any comments??

as much as i want to agree with you george michael as i am in the same boat as yours i am concerned now because we might land up in a situation where we dont have a 140 approved and think that everything is going to get approved in the next 6 months but we are not sure of that and what that means is that if there is no 140 we CANNOT use ac21 and so it actually goes against u unless one is sure that NSC can adjudicate and wrap up recent concurrent files in the next 6-8 months. the speed at which they are going currently this assumption doesnt seem realistic. look at your case you have 140 pending now for around 5 months now and i have it for 4 months what that means is that although we might reach the 6 month time period for concurrent adjudication and ac21 we will still be hanging because our 140 is not approved yet.

140 is pre-requsite for 485 and all other procedures dont forget that !!!

one more thing fp notices and getting fpd doesnt really mean much on ur 140 or 485 applications. they are sent automatically now after your initial application of 485 is received and reviewed it doesnt mean you are going to get ur passport stamped in the next few months to become a permanent resident. i got fpd in april 2004 and nothing even changed on the site as yet. no update nothing.

is everyone being able to log on to the uscis site ? i am getting this msg since morning.

500 Servlet Exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
at gov.inscri.common.action.LogonAction.perform(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.struts.action.Action.execute(Action.java:415)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:480)
at gov.inscri.CrisRequestProcessor.processActionPerform(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:274)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1420)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:520)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainServlet.doFilter(FilterChainServlet.java:96)
at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:315)
at com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(CacheInvocation.java:135)
at com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleRequest(RunnerRequest.java:346)
at com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleConnection(RunnerRequest.java:274)
at com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:139)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

My response to George Michael and Iknowitall

FP needs to be cleared. Then 140 can be approved and you can benefit from AC21. That's what I think will happen soon to those who recently FP and do not have 140 approval yet.

Then 485 is ready to be approved and I think will go to line with all others ready to be approved 485. The dates are not relevant if you are not ready to be approved. If you are, they will work on it chronologically although as they are not as organized as we would like to, you can expect disorder as well.
Elnegro

One more thing

I disagree on that FP does not mean nothing and are automatically sent. They are being sent now earlier because they cannot process 140's without them (485 needs to be cleared), and also because they think they can process 485s in less than 1.5 years (when FP expire)
Elnegro

thats not the case elnegro u need to read about y they started sending fp notices and how its linked with 140 and 485. in a lot of cases its just random and they send people fp notices and they dont hear anything for a year or two. i read in another link on the forum that they have been instructed now to send fp notices as soon as they review the initial 485 applications because its valid for 1.5 years, they probably want to wrap up cases in the mean time. i am in the same boat as urs so i would like to agree with u but ive seen too many random things happening recently.

Not really recently with the FP. Since people were waiting for 1-2 years with FP, they relate more to the old processing than to the new one.
I think it is clear that they are asking now to FP right away to be able to clear the 485 (and approve the 140 then), and because they are trying to reduce the backlog to process the 485 in 1.5 years or less.

They failed to fast process 485 in the past, and that's why they stopped FP (Delayed them) to catch up. This are my 2 cents.
Elnegro

i just got an I-140 rfe requesting
1. info confirming my training ,
2. letter from my company relating to my qualifying experience
3.company's ability to pay
4. info abt the person who held my job in the past and what they paid him and why he left.
i am a physician in the second year of my 1st job.

what did u get rfe for and how did u successfully reply to it. can u e-mail me the sample letter u sent with your reply.
need info soon. anyone who has got I140 's approved, please share ur succes stories so i can get through this