Discuss status of recent I-140 approvals

i dont think thats true . its mentioned in an article in murthy.com that they will adjudicate recently filed concurrent cases first. but again u never know whats going on.

registrationid,you are totally wrong..if you read all the articles on it(by NSC), they are planning to adjudicate the newly filed cases first

Registrationid,

Where in the world did you get this freakin information.... this is totally baseless information.

.....Tx

iknowitall,
My I-140 RD 03/01/2004 and ND 03/02/2004. I got my EAD 04/26/04. when did u FP. I am still waiting for the same. Dont know when I-140 will be done. Whats ur Center mine is TSC.
Thanks., :confused:

all centers and processes work in their own fashion. but my center is NSC and my applications are from feb end 2004 and i fpd in april end 2004. the best part is nothing updated on the website as yet about the fp. although in some cases who filed in mar 2004 and got fpd in early may also the fp information has been updated on the uscis website.

I am sorry if I burst bubbles of hope in people. However if one analyses the approvals of 485 and 140 cases in the centers, one can see that a lot of 2002 485's are being worked upon. Why is that so? Yes, NSC put out a memo stating that after April 30,2004 they are going to adjudicate 140 and 485 simultaneously. However April 30 was just date after which the memo will take effect. I do not think it binds USCIS to start working on such cases right away. Also the memo is meant to act as a guideline for cases applied in a certain way around a certain time. Besides USCIS is well aware that if they start working on the new cases and ignore the old cases, theyw ill be in very big trouble going ahead. So they r trying to work earnestly on old cases and sprinkle in a bit of new cases. Thats my take on it. If folks who applied post arpil 30, 2004 / - 1 month with FP /name check completed start seeing approvals going ahead, one can dispute my assesment.

Hmmm Although I appreciate your pessimistic view of the new concurrent filing process, there are key points you are failing to point out.

1. Earlier, the concurrent filing was useful only to get the clock ticking i.e. for AC-21. Regardless of concurrent filing you went into two queues one for I-140, one for I-1485. This is also supported by the dramatic reduction in time for FP notice. In my case it was 2.5 months. In the case of my colleague who filed last year in Sep, it was 7 months.

Now it appears that the parallel processing will indeed hasten things by eliminating queue time for I-485 or reduces it time taken for FP+ name check = 2 months from a lot more than that.

2. Although I agree that FP+name check is a "hidden" constraint, I dont think it is significant. It is my opinion that most of the wait time for I-485 was queue time. Earlier people came out from and went back into the queue multiple times. Now it is streamlined to only once.

Any comments?

Check this out -
http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/nsc110504.html

This is probably why they are fingerprinting immediately. It's not clear that this is because of the Ohata memo, and may be just to verify against the security database as soon as possible as part of their stated objective to put national security first.
I know this is pessimistic view but no reason to believe otherwise...

My I-140 was filed on October 7 2003.
I-485 Nov 21 2003 I haven't seen any FP notice or RFE's so far.
I don't know how the Ohata memo is working??
Yes I have seen fp notices for 2004 filings on this form.

registrationid

u need to read this and alot more thats going on

"NSC’s Implementation of the Ohata Memo

The Nebraska Service Center (NSC) issued information regarding its plan to implement the new concurrent filing procedures. It has taken various internal reorganization efforts to permit the concurrent processing of I-140s/I-485s effective from April 30, 2004. The NSC notes that this was not part of the pilot program to adjudicate the I-140s/I-485s within 75 days of filing. The NSC also emphasizes that it anticipates a slow-down in processing non-concurrent I-485s, as they will be processing the concurrent and non-concurrent on separate tracks, giving priority to concurrently filed I-140s and I-485s over those that are not filed concurrently. "

thats the majorities view i dont know whats true and whats not but they sure seem to be heading and giving priority to recently filed 140/485 concurrent cases from whatever ive read.

bharad
Thanks for the useful link. That makes sense. But going purely by the memo, I would believe that the overall processing time for I-485 would be coming down gradually, even if this means the I-140 processing time will be going up! I guess we are screwed one way or the other.

yes i agree with this new mem....

The people who filed 140/485 after Oct'2003 are screwed on way or the other.

I agree with bigbadwolf......

WE are screwed.... so relax and just wait for your turn.. dont kill your time visiting this forum 10 times a day....

Sorry if i hurt any ones feeling... But its a fact....

Good Luck !!

This may be a case that was improved by the faster concurrent adjudication. It appears that the delay caused by RFE put him in the fast track time frame. However, now may be slightly different because everyone is in the same boat waiting to get to the stage where fp and name checks are cleared for 485 for this darn thing to move forward. It could be that once these steps are cleared, the process will speed up.

I agree with bigbadwolf. I have a similar case than Iknowitall

I filed on late January and fingerprinted this week. No changes to my status online has been done.

What used to happened in the traditional procedure once you were FP? How long took from there to get the GC?

I don't know what we should expect with this new procedure in terms of timing , but defenetily agree with bigbadwolf on his observations below.

Any comments??
ElNegro

bigbadwolf said:
Hmmm Although I appreciate your pessimistic view of the new concurrent filing process, there are key points you are failing to point out.

1. Earlier, the concurrent filing was useful only to get the clock ticking i.e. for AC-21. Regardless of concurrent filing you went into two queues one for I-140, one for I-1485. This is also supported by the dramatic reduction in time for FP notice. In my case it was 2.5 months. In the case of my colleague who filed last year in Sep, it was 7 months.

Now it appears that the parallel processing will indeed hasten things by eliminating queue time for I-485 or reduces it time taken for FP+ name check = 2 months from a lot more than that.

2. Although I agree that FP+name check is a "hidden" constraint, I dont think it is significant. It is my opinion that most of the wait time for I-485 was queue time. Earlier people came out from and went back into the queue multiple times. Now it is streamlined to only once.

Any comments?

Everybody here seems to have their quick approval hopes very staunchly pinned on Ohata memo. I will admit that I also very much hope that my case falls under this one too. My 140/485 RD: Sept 27,2003. FP completed on May 25,2004. No RFE on anything yet and no approval for anything yet. According to one of the many memo's cases of similar nature as mine, due to the fact that the 140 has not been approved yet, would be considered as concurrent filing and processed according to the new rules. So I hope..But on a very pragmatic level, if all cases like ours get priority over the older cases what is the game plan for USCIS to approve the old cases? We should ask this question. If old cases remain stuck then USCIS will be easy target for future and the current litigation. USCIS will not want that to happen. Also if everybody sees the 485 forums one can see approvals almost everyday for 2002 cases and a few 2003 cases. If one were to do a comparison of the 2002 and 2003 cases one can see the way wind is blowing atleast for the timebeing. I am not trying to be a party-pooper. I am just offering an alternate strain of hope for older cases :)

Thanks registrationid

I do not know how they will handle the old cases yet. What I am seeing is that after the memo, some cases are being requested FP right away. I posted my interpretation of the current trends re. concurrent filing around the memo time in another forum. I am copying my postings below.
Elnegro

I-140 is not the King anymore - I485 rules !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like after the new procedure took place, the I 140 lost its leading role. The AC21 will really be useless as the timing for I140s is madated by the processing of the I-485. If you do not agree, prove me wrong !

We cannot be 100% until we start seing approvals with the new process, but it looks like it makes not sense to track the I140 as it will be immediately approved once the I485 is approved.

I filed on late January concurrently. I did not have my I140 approved yet, but this week I did the fingerprints. How can you explain this? Maybe they are working on my I485 and when ready they will move to the I-140.

Concurrent filers, any comments??
ElNegro

It looks like their plan is to complete processing atleast before the expiry of the fingerprint.So whoever got FP notice after ohata memo , is likely to get 485 processed within 1 yr.
If 485 is not ready for processing , they will not send FP notice.

It could be, but since the FP are valid for 18 months, the plan would be to have 485 approved within 1.5 years.