Discuss status of recent I-140 approvals

Looks like I-140 with Concurrent Processing are still being approved. THis means the Fufie memo is not being implemented. Or maybe they are implementing it in such a way that they approve I-140 and as soon as FP and name check clear, they will approve 485. In anycase please share if your I-140 was recently approved, so that we may track and see whether any 485's will be approved for recent I-140 approvals.

i think you are right serta, i have also been very closely following updates and cases on 140/485 concurrent cases and as mentioned above by octfiler, there are cases being approved with concurrent files in jan 2004, without 485 being approved as yet but as i said in the other thread which is mentioned above . the guy just got fp'd one day before his 140 approval so that could just be the hitch in his case. they might be waiting on his name check and fp to be approved to approve 485.

lets hope that concurrent adjudication is on its way or else its still another wait for 2 yrs for 485s to get approved.

it would be great if we would just hear one concurrent case being approved now with 140 and 485 soon. by soon i mean the end of this month or another month. remember they were suppose to go into concurrent processing starting april 30, 2004. its already 20 days ??????? and not a single case i have heard of where 140/485 got approved together.

I agree with you iknowitall. I am also eagrly looking for the FIRST I140/485 case that will be concurrently approved. I have a theory of my own, which I want to test that is why this thread. I am thinking that people who recently got I-140 approvals, and who went for FP, will start seeing 485 approvals or get RFEs as soon as name checks and FP come back. This will mean that old 485 cases will be processed at the same (snails) pace, while newer 485's will be approved sooner, although not truely concurrently with I-140. So people who got I-140 approvals recently, should not be disheartened and feel the Fujie memo did not benefit them.

But as I said, its just my thinking and I am looking for a few cases to back this up.

sertra2002 said:
I agree with you iknowitall. I am also eagrly looking for the FIRST I140/485 case that will be concurrently approved. I have a theory of my own, which I want to test that is why this thread. I am thinking that people who recently got I-140 approvals, and who went for FP, will start seeing 485 approvals or get RFEs as soon as name checks and FP come back. This will mean that old 485 cases will be processed at the same (snails) pace, while newer 485's will be approved sooner, although not truely concurrently with I-140. So people who got I-140 approvals recently, should not be disheartened and feel the Fujie memo did not benefit them.

But as I said, its just my thinking and I am looking for a few cases to back this up.

But sertra, dont you think concurrent adjunctcation means both of them should be approved at the same time instead of approving 140 and then waiting for FP and name check, this is same as how they used to do earlier when initially they approve 140 and after FP and name check 485 is approved. So doesnt the new memo says 140 will not be approved until 485 is READY for adjunctcation? (I am not saying what you said is wrong but i am just brainstorming and thinking out loud, i know no body has exact answer for what is happening but then just discussing wont hurt either i guess)

octfiler,
You are absolutly correct that if they strictly go by the memo then I-140 will not be approved until 485 is 'ready for adjudication'. This would mean that after FP and name check are cleared only then I-140 will be approved along with the 485.

That is what they are supposed to do. But will they do it this way or not, we have to see?? Thats why I said, I feel (purely my guess), that those who got I-140 approvals may see 485 aprovals soon. Not to raise or dash anyones hopes, but no harm in duscussing what we think. as you said :) !

Got my FP done today. My I-140 has been pending since Dec 31 when an RFE response was sent. If they are waiting for FP to clear before approving the 140, I guess I will find out soon. What happens to the 485 (ND Sept 2003) remains to be seen.

sertra2002 said:
octfiler,
You are absolutly correct that if they strictly go by the memo then I-140 will not be approved until 485 is 'ready for adjudication'. This would mean that after FP and name check are cleared only then I-140 will be approved along with the 485.

That is what they are supposed to do. But will they do it this way or not, we have to see?? Thats why I said, I feel (purely my guess), that those who got I-140 approvals may see 485 aprovals soon. Not to raise or dash anyones hopes, but no harm in duscussing what we think. as you said :) !

Last edited by a moderator:
sertra2002 said:
octfiler,

I think if the I140 has been approved, they won't adjudicate I450 at the same time. 1. The officers will follow 'the boss' order unless they don't want the job anymore. (Just like we follow our bosses order.) 2. If INS can wait 2 years to adjudicate, why do they need to be hurry. They don't concern whether we can stay. I don't think so.

It is hurt to see this happen. But there is nothing we can do. INS may only do concurrently adjudication for APril cases or after. Who knows.

gc suffer its i485 firstly. not i450. and according to the memo and all official information circling in forums and legal attorney they are SUPPOSE to adjudicate all concurrently filed cases for which the 140 has not be approved concurrently with i485 if they are considering 140 after april 30, 2004 for the first time. now whether they do this or not and if they are able to clear 485 formalities till the 140 approval comes up , its upto USCIS but well thats the aim or motivation towards this . USCIS has promised to make 6 months adjudication for all cases by 2006 and the way they are persueing this as mentioned in murthy's site they will first clear all recently filed cases and than start clearing the backlog accumalated in the last 2 yrs.

sertra2002 said:
people,
Looks like USCIS is working on the current memo. We have 2 approvals for 2/2003 filers !!

http://boards.immigrationportal.com...ad.php?t=128096

http://boards.immigrationportal.com...ad.php?t=128107

Sertra,

In the first post(128096) it was not concurrent approval(see below for details), First 140 was approved in 5/2003 and now 485 so i am not sure what is going on.
------------------------
11/2001: filed LC
11/2002: LC certified
02/2003: filed I140/I485/I131/I765 (for my wife and myself)
04/2003: 1st EAD/AP approved
05/2003: I140 approved
05/2003: did FP (myself only)
11/2003: my wife did FP (after attorney asked USCIS why my wife didn't get FP notice...)
01/2004: filed 2nd I131/I765 (for my wife and myself)
04/2004: got IEAD in Boston office (for my wife and myself)
05/2004: got my 2nd EAD and AP (my wife's are still pending)
05/2004: email says our I485 got approved
--------------------------------

Are you ppl getting 140 approvals at the same speed as it used to be 2 weeks back, 4 weeks back and 6 weeks back? I am trying to find out if there is any change in approval patterns.

Almost no approvals

There are almost no 140 approvals since last 2 weeks. Even if there are few then those are 140 with CP...

I dont know what is going on in NSC. What is their game plan?

Everything is in confusion at this moment...

dont know whats going on :))))????????????

Jharkhandi said:
I guess something is going on. Same is state of affairs in VSC. Keep fingers crossed.

no major recent approvals or i dont know may be people are not posting anything. have not heard of any 140 approved recently. dont know whats going on. looks like because of the new memo they have not recently approved any non concurrent cases also and well the funny part is its close to a month since the new memo for concurrent cases was suppose to go in practice and i dont even see any improvement in the concurrent cases. are they going to do mass approvals and quickly once they get their act together ????????????? or just wait and see how to proceed . they probably themselves are confused right now and dont know where to start and what to do :)

Friends,
My I-140 RD March 1, 2004 and ND March 2, 2004.
I-485 RD March 19, 2004 and ND March 22, 2004
I got the First EAD RD March 22, 2004 and ND April 28, 2004.

Just wondering Do these new memos applies to all the remaining pending applications I140/I485 or does these new regulations apply to the new filed cases.
:confused:

u should be considered in the new memo because they probably havent even touched ur 140 yet and if ur case is a concurrent file case the new memo says it will be processed together but all this is new and as yet we still have to see any major approvals yet.

The memo is intended to act as a guideline for approvals in the future. NSC is actually trying to finish the backlogs from the yr 2002 and 2003. My guesstimate is that NSC will try to wrap up the 2002 140/ 485 cases in another 4-5 months. Then for the next 8-9 months they will try and wrap up the 2003 140 / 485 cases. That would be more like May 2005. Then they will start working on 2004 cases for the nxt 8 months which would be around Jan 2006. This will put them just 1 yr behind the Jan 2005 RD cases. From the various messages, memos, lawyer feedbacks, 2006 is the year when USCIS really intends the immigration stockpile to smoothen.