Direct Consular Filing from India

Hey PD,

I-130 is handled by the service Centers right ? I think it is more backlogged than that.
Explain to me, at the end of the process, the applicant gets a green card ? And the on line processing time says that for applicants who filed on Apr 22 '04 are being given GC's now? I'm sorry i have been focussing so much on my namecheck/N400/DCF I have lost vision on I130/K1/K3 etc

It means application is approved and forwarded to country where the alien spouse lives. You probably should add another 8 weeks to that timeline to get the green card.

However, its way faster than K3.

I'll be going to India in Feb 2005 for my wedding...will try for DCF ASAP but I am willing to stick it out 60 days if needed...

Will keep everyone posted but I hope someone else at this forum has an experience to post before then!

Ratrat

People,

There has got to be someone visiting this forum who tried to use DCF from New Delhi since July 1st 04............

What to do Shaky bhai,

US CZ is a means to an end. My end is a happy marriage. I was waiting eargerly for my CZ just to sponsor my 'janu' ;)

yeah jiger i hear you. U acted with USCIS like * Munna Bhai MBBS * if u know what i mean.

yaar i am getting nervous for my interview.. so many different things are coming into my mind. U had interview experience as well and what do u make of it? just a formal interview.??? my mind needs some rehab.

shaky

do urself a favor and take a break.. i did not watch that movie u mentioned .... so dunno what it is

enjoy a spam free messageboard

Rahul Kumar said:
shaky

do urself a favor and take a break.. i did not watch that movie u mentioned .... so dunno what it is

enjoy a spam free messageboard

It was a sunjay dutt movie, and it was fun to watch. watch it u will like it.

Feb 2005

Hey guys,

I'm getting married in Chennai Feb 2005. I am going to (because I have the means to) wait it out for 60 days in Chennai before trudging up to New Delhi to do the DCF for my fiance.

I promise promise promise that the first thing I will do is post my experience here.

It would be so good to know that the 60 days rule is not hard and fast - I wish we could still do it ASAP like we used to be able to...

If I get a nice person at Delhi interview, I might ask them if 60 day rule is always necessary.

Ratrat

ratrat and Phillydude,

I too am seriously thinking of taking off for 60 days.... Its going to be a VERY hard sell with my employer but, K3 processing dates are more than 7 months backlogged. I think that even with a month's loss of pay, it may be worth it

Guys,

I cant locate even one person that even attempted DCF since July 1st... Can you ? Not here or the Google groups.....

K3 processing stinks. K1 looks real good. ratart, why not give K1 a shot ? The priority date is Aug 15!! That's 25 days ago.......

If anyone knows anyone else that DCF'ed a spouse from New Delhi PLEASE POST here

Rahul Kumar said:
Guys,

I cant locate even one person that even attempted DCF since July 1st... Can you ? Not here or the Google groups.....

K3 processing stinks. K1 looks real good. ratart, why not give K1 a shot ? The priority date is Aug 15!! That's 25 days ago.......

If anyone knows anyone else that DCF'ed a spouse from New Delhi PLEASE POST here

K1 is the best option right now. Make sure you save all proofs of communication (telephone bills, letters etc...)

OK here's my question though.

Once we get K1 and come back to New York, isn't the AOS from K1 to Greencard brutally long in New York?

I'm afraid that my fiance will be stuck in the US for 2+ years with an expired EAD and need to apply for that damn Travel document if he needs to go to India on emergency...

Ratrat

ratrat said:

Once we get K1 and come back to New York, isn't the AOS from K1 to Greencard brutally long in New York?
Ratrat

I am not sure about this... But are you willing to wait approx 7 months from Feb if you apply K3 ? DCF is great but its not a matter of right...... Cant be 100% sure

ratrat said:

I'm afraid that my fiance will be stuck in the US for 2+ years with an expired EAD and need to apply for that damn Travel document if he needs to go to India on emergency...

Ratrat

Get married with in 90 days and file for adjustment of status. You can get EAD in no time, but ofcourse will have to wait for GC!