Direct Consular Filing from India

Rahul, New VSC dates for I 130 is Aug 23rd 04!!! I am pretty sure this is not a mistake as I have seen in some forums that I 130 was approved in 26 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Moley PD - thanks for posting this!

If this quick processing at VSC continues into next year then I will definitely not pursue DCF!

I also found on the VSC processing time that AOS (I-485) is still taking over 2 years :( (Currently VSC is processing 09/07/2002)

Ratrat

Rahul Kumar said:
PD,
Once I-130 is approved by VSC, can the spouse travel immediately or should I submit I129F?
Will be interviewed and GC will be given at the consulate. Its the same process you do for DCF, instead of I 130 been filed and approved by New Delhi embassy, in this case, its VSC.

All I need is my oath ceremony to be scheduled. :mad:

Documents Need to send for I-130.

Rahul,

What Documents need to send with I-130? It seems to me:

Photocopy of Naturalization Certificate.
Photocopy of Passport.
Certificate which proves relationship for immediate relative.

That's all it seems to me. Do we need to send to anything else? Like utilities bill? Pay Stub? Please share with us what you are planning to send?

porajoy,

Im doing my I130 research right now! .... I'm not the best to answer... May PD or someone else will know....

porajoy said:
Rahul,

What Documents need to send with I-130? It seems to me:

Photocopy of Naturalization Certificate.
Photocopy of Passport.
Certificate which proves relationship for immediate relative.

That's all it seems to me. Do we need to send to anything else? Like utilities bill? Pay Stub? Please share with us what you are planning to send?

Hey porajoy,

Check out this link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=i130guide1

Ratrat

phillydude said:
Thanks ratrat. I did not realize you need copy of US passport to apply. Which means I cannot apply the very next after oath. :(

Awww. Well if you get expedited passport service you won't have to wait too long!

But this actually brings up the question - why do we need to send in the naturalization certificate AND the US passport? I'm going to do a bit more digging.

Ratrat

ratrat said:
Awww. Well if you get expedited passport service you won't have to wait too long!

But this actually brings up the question - why do we need to send in the naturalization certificate AND the US passport? I'm going to do a bit more digging.

Ratrat

I thought of it too, and checked the instruction for I 130. It does say need to send in birth certificate or copy of US passport.

ratrat said:
Holy Moley PD - thanks for posting this!

If this quick processing at VSC continues into next year then I will definitely not pursue DCF!

I also found on the VSC processing time that AOS (I-485) is still taking over 2 years :( (Currently VSC is processing 09/07/2002)

Ratrat

I went through DCF in New Delhi and I thought I will put my $0.02 on this topic. Our priority date was May 10, 2004 based on when we applied at New Delhi. My wife sent her packet 3 on June 2, 2004. We have not been scheduled for interview as yet at Chennai Consulate.

After trying to figure out the reasons for the delay, I came to the conclusion that the interview scheduling is based on the priority date. If there is someone who has a priority date earlier than you, they would get scheduled for the interview even if they send packet 3 after you. Of course you are put on the line for interview only after sending in the packet 3.

If I were in VSC or CSC region, I would apply I-130 in the US. But I would do counslar processing rather than AOS. You have the option of taking either of them after I-130 gets approved. CP would cut short the time to get GC as compared to the AOS. I am not familiar with the mechanics of it, but I am sure someone must have done it. The only downside of CP is that the applicant needs to go to the home country to attend the interview. But if the paperwork is in order, you will get the visa same day.

In spite of the delay for me, I am still ahead as I am from Nebraska center. They are processing application from Sept 2003.

Sundar

Last edited by a moderator:
So instead of sending packet 3 to NVC, send it to the consulate?

Question for Indian applicants on this forum: But at that point, does the 60-day residency rule still apply? Can I send packet 3 to the Chennai consulate without having stayed there for 60 days?

Thanks!

Ratrat

ratrat said:
So instead of sending packet 3 to NVC, send it to the consulate?

Question for Indian applicants on this forum: But at that point, does the 60-day residency rule still apply? Can I send packet 3 to the Chennai consulate without having stayed there for 60 days?

Thanks!

Ratrat

I think the application goes to NVC. I think they send some form to you and when you send the form back, they forward the case to the local consulate. So you never really send anything directly to the consulate. Also, the 60 day requirement is for USCIS, not consulate.

Sorry I do not know the full details about the process. But I know NVC plays a critical role.

Maybe do a google search.

Sundar

Rahul, what have you decided to do? DCF or I130? please keep me posted. I have been researching I130 process, looks like its a pain in the neck.

Rahul Kumar said:
PD,
Once I-130 is approved by VSC, can the spouse travel immediately or should I submit I129F?
After an Department of Homeland Security's Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) office in the United States approves the petition, it sends the petition to the National Visa Center (NVC). NVC does the following:
· Assigns a case number
· Sends Form DS-3032 Choice of Address and Agent (../visa/frvi_forms.html ) to the applicant (your spouse).Sends another copy to the US citizen.The applicant selects an agent. The agent can be anyone, including the applicant. The NVC will mail all future letters (except for the Affidavit of Support, Form I-864) about processing the immigrant visa case to the agent. Make sure the postal address is correct and is kept up-to-date.
· Sends the bill for the Form I-864 Affidavit of Support processing to the petitioner
· Sends the Form I-864, Affidavit of Support to the petitioner after the petitioner pays the I-864 processing fee
· Sends the bill for immigrant visa (IV) processing fee to the agent after the applicant sends form DS-3032 Choice of Address and Agent, to the NVC
· Sends an instruction package to the agent after the agent pays the immigrant visa application processing fee, form DS-230
· Reviews information for technical correctness and completeness.
· Sends the petition to the embassy or consulate where the applicant will apply for a visa when the case file is complete
Note: It is important to follow instructions from the NVC carefully. Send the NVC only those things that it asks for.
How Do I Pay the Fees for the National Visa Center (NVC) Services?
The NVC sends bills for certain fees at the appropriate time in the immigrant visa process. It sends bills for these services to the following people:
· Bill for processing the I-864, Affidavit of Support to the petitioner
· Bill for immigrant visa processing to the agent
The NVC sends a correctly addressed, return envelope with the bills.
Remember these important things:
· It is important that you use the return envelope provided to you, when paying the fees
· Don't forget to put the correct postage on the envelope
· Don't pay the bill until the NVC tells you to do so
Don't send payments to the NVC at Portsmouth, New Hampshire