Direct Consular Filing from India

Sundar_vaidya said:
Read in other newsgroup that New Delhi INS is going to stop accepting application for visiting US citizen after July 1. You have to stay in India for at least 60 days before you can apply in the office.

Rahul: I know you were looking at DCF. It seems that window is closing now.

Sundar
what the f@#%. Could you give us more info pls..

What newsgroup? How do you know this is a fact ? There have been rumours all along about DCF closing , but its been so for years

ATTENTION morpheus0812

Morpheus0812

Can you please send me a Private Message ASAP , I need to ask you something about DCF

thanks
Rahul

How sad to see the end of DCF :(

Does anyone know or have estimates about:

a) How long K-3 normally takes from Madras/Chennai
b) Once spouse is here, how long greencard takes in New York

Thanks,

Ratrat

Rahul Kumar said:

Rahul, this is his response when I asked him the source.

source of this is the email from Embassy in Delhi. I had emailed them
regarding info on DCF.

Here is there contact info. You can them and
find out more info.

Immigrant Visa (IV)

Phone: 91 (011) 2419-8062 /
8374 (10 am to 12 pm)
Fax: 91 (011) 2419-8407
E-mail:
IVND@state.gov

Nonimmigrant Visa (NIV)

Phone: 91 (011)
2419-8310 / 8273 (10 am to 12 pm and 2 pm to 4 pm)
Fax: 91 (011) 2419-
E-mail: NIVND@state.gov

I can forward you the
email if you want. PM me ur email address.

Rahul,
Sorry for the late reply. Phillydude already got the source of the information. If I were you, I would call INS New Delhi and see what is happening. It is bad that they are closing this option for visiting US citizen. i guess too many people using it? (I do not know the reason)

Sundar

Biographic Information - Form G325

Can anybody tell me the difference between G 325 and G325A. Both llok similar to me and both are fillable forms.

Thanks in advance.

phillydude said:
Can anybody tell me the difference between G 325 and G325A. Both llok similar to me and both are fillable forms.

Thanks in advance.

AH! Looks like G325a has 2 copies of the application.

Can CP be done for parents in Chennai?

HI Folks,

On a similar note, can CP be done for parents (their daughter will soon be getting her cz) @ Chennai. If yes, how long does this process take and what are the implications on their future visit in case they are denied(i.e. they have 10 yr visa which expired May '2009). Is it better to apply for 130/485 here once they come here for a visit or from India? Also, that kind of health checks are made for parents to get their GC?

Thanks
:)

dear rahul,

i've spent the past 2 hours or so reading all your threads like a soap opera addict. So tell me what happened with the DCF thing. I am in Bangalore now and am planning this mode of attack myself within a few days. Im hoping the worst case scenario is they tell me to wait the 60 day period. Too bad I didnt leave 6 days ago. Please reply soon.

Sunil

Hi

The circular said that starting July 1 they will insist that USC's stay atleast 60 days to use DCF. My suggestion...

Go there, speak to an officer , if they insist on seeing you atleast 60 days after your arrival stamp in India, then there is nothing you can do about it but wait. IMO its still better to use DCF than a K visa

K3 versus I 130 processing from VSC

For applicants who fall under VSC, it takes 6 months to get approval for I-130 (spouses of US citizens) and National visa center takes takes 5 months to approve I 129F (for K3).

K3 was introduced to reduce the separation of families, and for applicants under VSC, its only a month faster. You might as well wait a month and get your spouse on GC rather than K3 visa.

THe whole purpose of K3 visa is defeated if VSC (I-130)were to catch with the NSC (I129F). I have only one word pathetic

Has anyone known someone who did DCF from delhi after July 1 2004 ? I am wondering if they are strictly enforcing the 60 day visit rule

Rahul Kumar said:
Has anyone known someone who did DCF from delhi after July 1 2004 ? I am wondering if they are strictly enforcing the 60 day visit rule
Any news from Sunil01234??

On a side note...has anybody thought about the K1 visa (if you are not already married). What r the implications of getting married in india..the traditional way..not declaring it, getting ur spouse here on a k1..and then get married in a US court to get the proper paper work...any thoughts?

I have heard of a case in this newsgroup where when the INS interviewed the wife who came on K1, (they got married in india), she blurted out that they were married and they sent her back

IMO, its not worth the risk and the feeling of guilt/fear of punushment by lying. Rather wait an extra month or so and get a K3.

DCF is still a far better alternative compared to K visas

I 130 at Vermont

Who needs DCF :rolleyes:

Vermont processing dates for i-130 is April 22 2004.

Rahul, things are looking good (mainly for you.. ;) )