• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Did anyone ever won?

Kyo

Registered Users (C)
I have been playing with my husband for 5 years and I have never heard anyone win this lottery. So does anyone win sometimes?

Kyo

Yes

There have been many winners in the DV lottery. But the chances of winning one is <1%. But, at least there's a chance. I have applied the past 3 years with no luck. Hang in there, maybe this time we'll be lucky :)

I've been selected last summer after applying for 9 times (=9 years) since it started in 1994. I don't think it is really a lottery at all and people are not choosen randomly. Don't know the inside story though.

Yes...I got my GC via DV

I won my DV back in 1999 after 2 attempts (2 years). I was told that I am lucky during the interview process. I asked the officer about the average attempts before one win the DV. The answer I got is an average of 5 attempts (5 years). I think more people are applying after knowing this DV is real. It might take longer.

Keep on trying. Good luck.

Address Change

Hi,

Just curious if one moves after applying for the DV lottery and updated their address with the USPS and USCIS and infact won the lottery ;) , does the winning letter get forwarded by the USPS to the new address or in such cases they send it back to USCIS saying that the person not found. Have anyone in this been in such situation? Just curious :confused:

Thanks,

Ari

Make sure you apply for the USPS form : change of address 2 or 3 weeks before the DV letters get sent, that is the only way to make sure they will forward that to your new address

pesonaly I think its a a state runned (by USA gov.)scam :mad:
Are you implying that all the folks here, including myself, with the signatures indicating the day of receiving the first letter from KCC, are virtual creatures? I personally would strongly object!

Hi folks,

The dv lottery is real and as in any lottery some are fortunate than others. My wife won the dv2009 after our first attempt. We are sent back the forms to KCC and waiting for the second notification letter. Hopefully we will be through. I know many people who have won and are now in America.But beware, there are scammers all over the place.The dv lottery is completely free and use the official US government website when applying. any person or site asking you for money in order to help you win the lottery is a scam

I won on my 13th attempt. The irony here being I finally won when already getting a GC through the employment category.

I have been playing with my husband for 5 years and I have never heard anyone win this lottery. So does anyone win sometimes?

Kyo

That's what I was thinking until I finally got the big white envelop in my hand, after more than 10 attempts!

my parents won in 2004 on their second attempt. Have been here for years now. :)
My uncle who always thought that it was just a scam and didn't play was bitter.... He wanted a GC a lot more than my parents...

My wife won at her first attempt.She didn't know anything about it so i did the application .I also recommended it to a friend who also applied for his wife for the first time and she also won both in 2007.They got their visa's last week.Ours is also on the way.The GC Lottery is real but it takes a huge chunk of luck just like any other game of chance.

I won

I won on my 3rd attempt

My sister-in-law won on her 1st attempt...(it was our 2nd attemp)...and I personally took pictures and submitted them online.

so, no , it's not a scam :cool:

Yes...I got my GC via DV

I won my DV2009 after 2 attempts . my oldest brother from the first 1. attempts. anther brother after 4-5 attempts . i can say it lucke and you have to try then you will
win one .

Keep on trying. Good luck.

Hi,

Just curious if one moves after applying for the DV lottery and updated their address with the USPS and USCIS and infact won the lottery ;) , does the winning letter get forwarded by the USPS to the new address or in such cases they send it back to USCIS saying that the person not found. Have anyone in this been in such situation? Just curious :confused:

Thanks,

Ari

I might be wrong, but USPS does not forward any legal related documents. USCIS does state that if you change your address (everytime), you need to send form AR-11.

For DV lottery, you need to contact KCC. There should be complete info how to contact KCC somewhere in this forum.