Did anyone called USCIS today please share

magic_mail

Registered Users (C)
Hi all:

i am trying to gather members experience on the phone with USCIS and will to guess what is going on.....

please share.

Last edited by a moderator:
Called USCIS this morning,

I called USCIS this morning using POJ method, connected to TSC and spoke to a IO. She said my case has not been assigned to any officer as the name check results have not been returned from FBI. I went to FP on May 8th and TSC received the results. Name check request was initiated as part FP2, but did not get any results so far.

After hanging up the TSC call, I called NSC and raised a service request. I'm planning to approach local senator and FL office.

Hi desi ka gc,

Could you please explain what POJ method and how to connect to IO at TSC.

Thanks in advance

My details:

Ebe- pd aug'2002
I-140/485/EAD/AP- ND 12/17/2004
FP1-Apr'2005
xfer from Vsc > Tsc- 03/15/2007.No Lud after that
FP2-Not received

hope 2005

Hi, I'm posting on behalf of a dear friend, her nickname here is hope2005 but she has no time to post. Her case is current since May 1st :

ROW
PD Jan 2003
I-485 RD Sept 2004
I-140 AD May 2005
FP3 March 2006
Just sent applications for renewing EAD

She called USCIS today, she was able to talk to a nice rep who told her that her case is being reviewed by an officer. She also found out that her security check has been cleared since April 29, 2006.
She was told that she needs to wait and the desicion can take between 30 to 90 days....

We are very hopefull her approval comes soon.

Best of luck to everyone.

Last week I initiated a service request. I also noticed that the request number was ending with VSC and asked the rep that if my case was transfered to TSC why the request number is ending with VSC? He concured that my case was transfered from VSC to TSC but could not able to explain whay the request number ending with VSC! He said that the number is automatically issued by the system!!

Hi desi_ka_gc
When you initiated a service request with NSC what is your reference number ends with? was it VSC or TSC?. I initiated a service request which ends with VSC.

Hi desi_ka_gc,

Is there any number for TSC direct to initiate the service request or speak with the Service reps. Please let me know

As many others did, I too, received "On May xx, 2007 we mailed ..." e-mail from USCIS. The e-mail said call cust svc. if you do not receive it in 30 days. When I called up cust svc, I received different types of responses.

A set of people at USCIS say:
"It was the green card that was mailed. Now you have to apply for I-90 (replacement of GC) without a Fee. Go to our website, fill out I-90 and send it to the service center"

Other set of people at USCIS say:
"Your case is approved. The "document" mailed was green card" They also took some more info like EAC#, A# from me and then created a inquiry request. Then the lady said that she has created an inquiry so that officer at TSC knows about it. Someone will respond in 45 days. If not call back again.

A third set of people at USCIS say:
We do not know what the document was. Your case is still pending.

I am totally confused about all this. I have decided to wait another week or so. However, I was curious if any one on this forum ever received "The Document". I would appreciate if any one has any more info on this.

thank you,
simba

Music?

Was any holding music on when you called them by the POJ method? (Assuming you held and waited for some minutes before a rep picked up your call).

I'd like to make sure if my call was to reach an IO rather than just a customer rep. In my previous attempt by POJ I was able to reach an IO and there was no music while waiting. Now following the same method I hear holding music and the automated holding message says "the next available customer service representative."

I called USCIS this morning using POJ method, connected to TSC and spoke to a IO. She said my case has not been assigned to any officer as the name check results have not been returned from FBI. I went to FP on May 8th and TSC received the results. Name check request was initiated as part FP2, but did not get any results so far.

After hanging up the TSC call, I called NSC and raised a service request. I'm planning to approach local senator and FL office.

Man that is pathetic. Hopefully it will turn out to be good news for you. Can you get hold of a local office IO via infopass?

As many others did, I too, received "On May xx, 2007 we mailed ..." e-mail from USCIS. The e-mail said call cust svc. if you do not receive it in 30 days. When I called up cust svc, I received different types of responses.

A set of people at USCIS say:
"It was the green card that was mailed. Now you have to apply for I-90 (replacement of GC) without a Fee. Go to our website, fill out I-90 and send it to the service center"

Other set of people at USCIS say:
"Your case is approved. The "document" mailed was green card" They also took some more info like EAC#, A# from me and then created a inquiry request. Then the lady said that she has created an inquiry so that officer at TSC knows about it. Someone will respond in 45 days. If not call back again.

A third set of people at USCIS say:
We do not know what the document was. Your case is still pending.

I am totally confused about all this. I have decided to wait another week or so. However, I was curious if any one on this forum ever received "The Document". I would appreciate if any one has any more info on this.

thank you,
simba

experience with TCS IO

Yesterday I called for my EAD Renewal to TCS and I aslo ask about my 485 no luck on update on my case. She tolf me that your case appeending for Securit Check and Did you get the Finger printing notice I said yes it was three week back . Waht aboout my finger printing result ? We had not received yet. I told After finger print I called fbi office check the FP result they told me they had send your finger printing result next day and also told me that we process the fingter printing with 24 hours return the result to Ajanvces. It is automated . Your FP Status show procesed and sent back to ajancie. After telling these to IO laby she reply back that Hoooo we had not download your data . DO download in oversyatem it will take time. That's it end of store Againt wait for endless time .
I think it will help you how the system is delayed and set and watch .

She also given me the fbi email address to send the emial to fbi .
Alresy sent saveral time no used.

-CKpd
PD Dec 2001 and EB2,

Name Check Cleared but not cleared.

Guys,
I have been calling TSC many times after I received a letter from FBI regarding name check results sent to Serivce Center. In earlier calls representative told me that everything is clear and I should receive something withing 60 days but when I called TSC today rep told me that since they have implemented a new system :confused: and it wouldn't let them create a service request if your name check pending is set to Yes in the system. I don't know how the hack this new system set my Name Check Clear flag to No and now I am again in jeopardy...and has to restart my fight to get it cleared...Though she adviced to make a infopass... I am :confused:

But you did get a reply from FBI...

... to the effect that your NC is cleared. Am I understanding you right? Then chances are great that there is disconnection/miscommunication between FBI and CIS (CIS just got it screwed up--what's new--and has not updated your NC clearance in their system). It's not about whatever new system, it just happens too often, it seems to me. You should make them fix that. Yeah infopass, or have your attorney or congressperson contact CIS. Either way, show them a copy of FBI letter.

Guys,
I have been calling TSC many times after I received a letter from FBI regarding name check results sent to Serivce Center. In earlier calls representative told me that everything is clear and I should receive something withing 60 days but when I called TSC today rep told me that since they have implemented a new system :confused: and it wouldn't let them create a service request if your name check pending is set to Yes in the system. I don't know how the hack this new system set my Name Check Clear flag to No and now I am again in jeopardy...and has to restart my fight to get it cleared...Though she adviced to make a infopass... I am :confused:

sara_noname,

I did not ask for any SR number, the rep also did not mention anything like Request number etc. I will call them again after a week or so and see what is action on my SR.

AparUS & matluri: Please follow the steps below to get hold of IO in TSC

Call 1-800-375-5283
Press 1
Press 2
Press 2
Press 6
Press 1
Now enter your receipt number
press 1 (now listen to the case update info..blah blah)
press 3
press 4
(now if you listen a male voice prompting you to hold the call that means the call is going to IOs desk, if it says no IO is available, it will redirect it to NSC, you can cut the phone.. and try the same steps)

Did you go for 2nd FP ?

Did you go for 2nd FP ?

If you have gone for 2nd FP then I guess it might have triggered 2nd name check...

Again I might be wrong here but the last time when I spoke to TSC rep, she told me that all FP requests are bundled with couple of security checks, name check is also part of it. She clearly told me in my case system has sent 2nd FP notice on May 18th along with a name check request to FBI.

Guys,

Last edited by a moderator:
Talked today with a

helpful nice lady IO at TSC, only to discover the NC is still pending. What a mess? Not sure when i'm out of this black hole :confused:

I am amazed to hear stories of reps on phone telling you about name check status, etc etc. I've tried many many times but on phone (either at tsc or nsc) they never disclose any info so I would take any thing from a phone rep with a pinch of salt.
I think infopass is much more authentic if you can get a helpful officer.. at least you can show your application and talk in more detail about whats going on with your application.

I also think that the PD people should wait for their turn as it seems like TSC and NSC both have stacked their cases and are dealing with them on a timely basis. So far both centers have been muc better than either VSC or CSC.

desi_ka_gc,

Yes. I did FP2 on May 04/07.

I called TSC as per your direction. I spoke with a rep. She's nice. She told me the 2nd FP/ 2nd name check also cleared. They're waiting for the final signature from the Supervisor also she explained the final process which I never expect from her..

This is the Process how they implemented the new system (FP2)

1. After finish the 2nd FP the system generated the FP number for new Name and FP check.
2. The FBI review it and cleared it within a day
3. When they cleared the NC and FP they send the FP number with Green dot:D on it (means no criminal records)
4. TSC finally review it and assign to the officers
5. When the officer finish the review they sent to the Supervisor for the final signature.

Let's hope.