Did anyone called USCIS today please share

Hi Openarms

Hi Openarms

actually when we filed original service center and we got based on receipt #
thats the way we will keep data like that.
If u were filed at VAC and end of the service request they will mentioned VAC or if u filed TSC they will give end of the SR ref # they will keep data TSC

when I asked SR same thing they given VAC end of the ref # ...
this is the diff.... between VAC & TAC
as per my opinion & public opinion but I'm not a lawyer

thanx

EB 3 2001 VAC
I-140 & I-485 RD 11/2004
FP 1 2005
Case Trasferred VAC > TSC March 2007
lud 12, 15 th march 2007
2nd FP 5/10/2007
Lud 10, 11' 15 th may 2007
waiting for I-485 AD

Last edited by a moderator:
When I called TSC yesterday she did not give me the service request number. I did not know about the number and did not ask. So folks if anyone else calls, make sure you ask the number of the service request as other members have written in this thread.

Oh God! Every day is a new education in this immigration run!

Service Request # not needed

When I called TSC yesterday she did not give me the service request number. I did not know about the number and did not ask. So folks if anyone else calls, make sure you ask the number of the service request as other members have written in this thread.

Oh God! Every day is a new education in this immigration run!

When I called on May 15, I too was not given any service request #. But I got a letter from Dallas Field Office dated June 7 in response to the service request. So I don't think you need to worry if you did not get the service request#.

Guys:

I called USCIS today; was able to talk to someone not sure who? but i guess that was IO only. I queried about our I-765(EAD renewal filed on 06/05/07) she ask me SSN i had no option but to tell her, then she replied this case is under review.
then i ask her we have our i485 pending can check what is going on with it(the real question for which i called)

she took sometime and replied its with officer for review.

again i ask her can you if my name check or security clearance is pending?

she took sometime and replied everything is clear....you just have to wait...

let see what happens this time... i was very close to get approval at the end of 2004...
but they issued RFE instead approval

i was very close to get approval at the end of 2004...
What was wrong with RFE in 2004? Did you reply all the docs to your lawyer or directly to uscis? If you did by yourself, did you enclose the original or a fotocopy of RFE notice of action?

I called twice on Friday. One time a lady just read the status what it says on the online status and even second time a male guy told me the same status what it says on the online status.

I asked security checks, name checks and about my recent biometrics but they said they cannot get that information.

Hi Dallas03096,

Thanks for your reply. I'll also wait for the snail mail. I am thinking of taking InfoPass. Did you do InfoPass anytime? Is it worth doing it now or should I do it after I get response for the service request?

Can you let me know.

When I called on May 15, I too was not given any service request #. But I got a letter from Dallas Field Office dated June 7 in response to the service request. So I don't think you need to worry if you did not get the service request#.

what was their answer to your service request ?

Used all options for waking up the sleeping USCIS

Hi Dallas03096,

Thanks for your reply. I'll also wait for the snail mail. I am thinking of taking InfoPass. Did you do InfoPass anytime? Is it worth doing it now or should I do it after I get response for the service request?

Can you let me know.

I have used all the options to expedite my case (for fear of facing another retrogression):
Service Request - Result: Letter from Dallas Field Office "Case under review. You should get a decision within 90 -120 days"
Infopass in May - Result: Received FP3 notice and completed Code3 FP; Case with reviewing officer as of May 17.
Infopass in June - Result: Confirmation of receipt of FP results. Case still with the reviewing officer; Please allow 90 - 180 days for further action.
Congressional Enquiry - Results awaited
Reporting case problem to CIS Ombudsman - Results awaited.

Hope one of the above will wake up the inefficient USCIS system:D

I have used all the options to expedite my case (for fear of facing another retrogression):
Service Request - Result: Letter from Dallas Field Office "Case under review. You should get a decision within 90 -120 days"
Infopass in May - Result: Received FP3 notice and completed Code3 FP; Case with reviewing officer as of May 17.
Infopass in June - Result: Confirmation of receipt of FP results. Case still with the reviewing officer; Please allow 90 - 180 days for further action.
Congressional Enquiry - Results awaited
Reporting case problem to CIS Ombudsman - Results awaited.

Hope one of the above will wake up the inefficient USCIS system

Hi Dallas03096,

Can I go ahead with InfoPass without waiting for service request? I was thinking if I went for InfoPass they might just turn me off by saying you opened a service request.

What was your experience? How to go about writing to Congress and to the Ombudsman? Are there links to these activities anywhere else in the portal?

Appreciate your reply.

Infopass, Ombudsman, Congressman

Hi Dallas03096,

Can I go ahead with InfoPass without waiting for service request? I was thinking if I went for InfoPass they might just turn me off by saying you opened a service request.

What was your experience? How to go about writing to Congress and to the Ombudsman? Are there links to these activities anywhere else in the portal?

Appreciate your reply.

Sure. You can go ahead with Infopass without waiting for the results for the service request (like I did in May). You will get an update on the status when you go for infopass. You can also check whether the name check is cleared, FP results received or not etc. Please go with a list of your questions about the case, so that you will not miss any of the questions.

Please look at the following link regarding reporting case problems to CIS Ombudsman: http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editorial_0497.shtm
You can report the case problems in DHS Form 7001 (which you will find in the link). Mail or courier the form and email an advance copy to cisombudsman@dhs.gov

http://www.house.gov/writerep/ .Use this link to find out the congressman for your zipcode. Once you have the Congressman's name, do a google search for the website of your congressman which will give the contact details. Contact the Congressman's office by phone and speak to the person who co-ordinates with USCIS.

Hi Dallas03096,

I would like to appreciate you for taking time and typing out a detailed and very clear message. In the next few weeks, I'm going to do all these what you have outlined. At least then, I can be clear in my head that I've tried what all I could and leave the rest to God!

It's been an extremely frustrating and tortuous wait all these years. I am sure most of us have sacrficed our best years on the altar of immigration. It is heart breaking that after the PDs become current we now are clueless as to what is happening and need to do all these things.

This bureacratic hell is not what I expected in this great country.

Once again, thanks Dallas03096 for your time.

Hi,

I just called TSC at the 800 no.
I got hold of a nice old lady.

She asked me all standard questions that, when was my case tranffered to TSC, did I hear any thing directly from TSC, I told I recently also did my second FP etc.

She had no way of telling me if the background and name checks were cleared.

BUT... She said, IF I do not hear any thing from TSC in 30 days from today,
I need to call them back !!!! I am not sure what that means!

Any one got similar feedback from them?

Thanks

i was very close to get approval at the end of 2004...
What was wrong with RFE in 2004? Did you reply all the docs to your lawyer or directly to uscis? If you did by yourself, did you enclose the original or a fotocopy of RFE notice of action?

they issued RFE for EVL & marriage certificate; we got I-140 approval immidiately after we submitted reply but no I-485 approval due to retrogression....even though our PD->oct 2002 is current and RD is 12/12/03
stilll waiting game is on for GC....

here is what i have done so far for speed up our case#

1) Called USCIS created Service Request.
2) Called USCIS was able to get hold of IO she told me our case is with officer for review, Name Check & Security Check all clear, just have to wait.
3)Took infopass wen to local office had talk with IO and she told me evrything clear, some looked at your file on 05/31/2006 so thats good sign someone is on your file.she sent email to Texas USCIS where our file is to let them know we came to enquire about the case.
4) Sent letter to congressmen to find about our case delay??result awaited.
5) Called USCIS was lucky to talk to IO again; your file is assigned to officer for review; just have to wait.
6) Took another infopass to find out what is going on with our case. was lucky to talk to the same IO to whom we spoke last time, she is very nice IO.
She remembered us; said we were here last week; checked into the computer and told us that she got reply from USCIS that there are around 4000 cases in queue along with your case and it will be processed acccordingly,..... i ask here can you expedite our FP notice because it seems our FP is expired.
she said i cannot do that....your FP notice will be sent you TSC if they need..

last thing which i have not done yet is writing to CIS Ombudsman & Bush

i have no idea what else can i do now to speed up our case....

good luck to everyone.....

Your journey is quite impressive except the approval (sorry for that)

Could you please give approximate timeline between each event, so that we can follow your track if needed - thanks

Also, I recent created a SR (last week) and decide to take infopass, is it ok to do infopass to speak to officer even thou our SR is pending? Do they talk about pending SR in Infopass? please reply, I have scheduled infopass for tomorrow.

they issued RFE for EVL & marriage certificate; we got I-140 approval immidiately after we submitted reply but no I-485 approval due to retrogression....even though our PD->oct 2002 is current and RD is 12/12/03
stilll waiting game is on for GC....

1) Called USCIS created Service Request.
2) Called USCIS was able to get hold of IO she told me our case is with officer for review, Name Check & Security Check all clear, just have to wait.
3)Took infopass wen to local office had talk with IO and she told me evrything clear, some looked at your file on 05/31/2006 so thats good sign someone is on your file.she sent email to Texas USCIS where our file is to let them know we came to enquire about the case.
4) Sent letter to congressmen to find about our case delay??result awaited.
5) Called USCIS was lucky to talk to IO again; your file is assigned to officer for review; just have to wait.
6) Took another infopass to find out what is going on with our case. was lucky to talk to the same IO to whom we spoke last time, she is very nice IO.
She remembered us; said we were here last week; checked into the computer and told us that she got reply from USCIS that there are around 4000 cases in queue along with your case and it will be processed acccordingly,..... i ask here can you expedite our FP notice because it seems our FP is expired.

last thing which i have not done yet is writing to CIS Ombudsman & Bush

i have no idea what else can i do now to speed up our case....

good luck to everyone.....

Your journey is quite impressive except the approval (sorry for that)

Could you please give approximate timeline between each event, so that we can follow your track if needed - thanks

Also, I recent created a SR (last week) and decide to take infopass, is it ok to do infopass to speak to officer even thou our SR is pending? Do they talk about pending SR in Infopass? please reply, I have scheduled infopass for tomorrow.

There is no relation between SR and Infopass you should goto local office as and whenever you need to; there is no restriction. do not scared to raise your voice.....

1) Called USCIS on 06/05/07 created Service Request.
2) Called USCIS on 06/07/07 was able to get hold of IO she told me our case is with officer for review, Name Check & Security Check all clear, just have to wait.
3)Took infopass on 06/11/07 went to local office had talk with IO and she told me evrything clear, some looked at your file on 05/31/2006 so thats good sign someone is on your file.she sent email to Texas USCIS where our file is to let them know we came to enquire about the case.
4) Sent letter to congressmen on 06/14/07 to find about our case delay??result awaited.
5) Called USCIS on 06/15/07 was lucky to talk to IO again; your file is assigned to officer for review; just have to wait.
6) Took another infopass on 06/18/07 to find out what is going on with our case. was lucky to talk to the same IO to whom we spoke last time, she is very nice IO.

7) forgot to mention in last post that we applied for our 5th EAD on 06/05/07 .

Does applying for EAD help incase the case is waiting for an officer to look at it?

Any suggestions. My current EAD expires on Dec 18th and I can apply startign today. (within 6 months) . Does it help.

Cases separated in Error/Mistake. Thanks TSC

Today called TSC:
Mine (principal) and my wife (derivative) cases were transferred to NBC for "standard Interview" on 6/13/2007 (still in transition - Told by IO) while children (derivatives') cases are still at TSC. A very considerate lady (IO) took all info about children and wrote an email to the IO-Review officer about this mistake.
She asked me to give 1-2 wks to send children's cases to NBC or to get back my and my cases from NBC to TSC.
She confirmed all family members FP-results are in the system for FP-2.
One of family member's msg-online "Undelivered notice by post office...", should be ignored as we have the FP-Results for FP-2 of this member. This msg. was triggered due to "Re-Scheduling".
Today's conversation was really important in term of Family Cases Separation, that could cause further delay if it did not address in time. I am not sure, the G28 representative of the cases still retains interest to resolve any problems. As and when I receive any info I share with G28 representative.
Goodluck everyone.