Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

Detroti DO

Guys,
No updates from Detroit DO in a long time, I had my fingerprinting done on Dec 20th , 08 and still haven't recieved the interview letter. Anyone recievd their interview letters recently for Detroit DO?

Is Detroit office the only one serving in Michigan? I live in Michigan but I'm far away from Detroit. Can't I go to another office?

Besides, I heard that Detroit is the most dangerous city in the country. Is the USCIS building in a safe neighborhood? Thanks

At least 2-3 times: once for FP, once for interview, once for oath. If you get same day oath it would only require 2 visits.

It's going to be very hard for me to go there 2-3 times. I live in the other end of the state and I don't even have a car currently. I guess I will apply for citizenship at a later time.

Updated (received IL finally!!) so mine is 5mths and counting

Mailed N400 to NSC (Priority mail w/ delivery cofirmation) received Sep 2, 08
Check cashed Sep 24, 08
NOA received Oct 3, 08
PD Sep 23, 08
FP letter received: Oct 9, 08
FP: Oct 16, 08 (painless process, took about 20mins in GR)

IL: Feb 25, 2009
ID: March 31, 2009

My mom's IL is March 23, she rescheduled from a Dec interview, had to go out of town. Hers went quick though, cause her FP was mid Sep, IL received in Nov

Is Detroit office the only one serving in Michigan? I live in Michigan but I'm far away from Detroit. Can't I go to another office?

Besides, I heard that Detroit is the most dangerous city in the country. Is the USCIS building in a safe neighborhood? Thanks

I have to laugh at this, of the thousands of folks who have used the Detroit office really lets get serious here. No you just might be dodging bullets while raising your flag saying "I'm american"....seriously!!!!:rolleyes: Detroit is like any major urban city anywhere, if your citizenship is that important to you, you'll figure out how to get down there. If you are at the other end, u might have to go only 1, I live in Lansing area, and my FP and Oath will be in Grand Rapids, its only my interview that will be in detroit, if that helps, they might assign u to that office.

Updating Status in signature.. FP Completed .. Even though Detroit is the DO, the fingerprint was scheduled in Michigan City, Indiana. Took less than 15 mins for the entire process ...

CFR/Interview document checklist received today.

I maybe getting closer to the ID. I received CFR today dated 3/10/09, 4 days after the service request. Also received a letter in response saying current processing time for N-400 at DO is 6 months.

Asked to bring the following to the interview:
1. DL
2. IRS transcripts, mortgage payments, utility bills etc.
3. Certified copies of birth certificates for all my minor children born in the US.

Based on the trend I maybe close to getting the IL soon and it seems the service request prompted some action.

What is a CFR and what is a service request. I applied on 11-4, did my FP on 11/20 (walk-in) and I'm still waiting.

What is a CFR and what is a service request. I applied on 11-4, did my FP on 11/20 (walk-in) and I'm still waiting.

CFR: Case file review and service request is when the Customer service personnel puts a request for an update on an application from Service center or district office on the status of a case to find out the reason for the delay.

I just got off the phone talking with a rep from USCIS. I am in Grand Rapids, so I fall under the Detroit DO. She told me that the Detroit DO is working on N-400 of July 08. My app is Oct 08, so she said three months more to go...

Not quite sure how others in Detroit DO after July 08 got their interview letters already... But starting to get a little frustrated... I'm sure we all are...

I just got off the phone talking with a rep from USCIS. I am in Grand Rapids, so I fall under the Detroit DO. She told me that the Detroit DO is working on N-400 of July 08. My app is Oct 08, so she said three months more to go...

Not quite sure how others in Detroit DO after July 08 got their interview letters already... But starting to get a little frustrated... I'm sure we all are...

mine was Sep 08, and my interview is March 31, I finally got my letter end of Feb, so I'm sure u should be getting yours soon for maybe an interview in late April or at least early weeks of May.

IL received today

IL dated 3/23/09 received today. But still no change in online status. IV date 5/26/09.

Best of luck to the others awaiting and having IV in near the future.

IL recieved

Me and my wife both recieved an interview letter today for a May 26th interview. My wife's interview is at 1pm and mine at 2pm. The IV letters were dated 03/24/09

11/19/08 : N-400 Mailed to NSC
11/21/08 : N-400 Recd. by NSC
11/26/08: Check Cashed
11/24/08 : Received Date
11/24/08 : Priority Date
12/01/08 : Notice Date
12/03/08 : I797C NOA Received: Transferred to NBC (90 Days)
12/08/08: FP Notice
12/20/08: FP Date & FP Done
03/26/09: IL
05/26/09: Interview Date.
??: OL
??: OD

My mom had her interview today, should have been at 11:45am but they got there at 10:30am, and by 11:30am they were already out. The questions they asked her were pretty simple, who is the president, who are your 2 senators, colors of the flag, who becomes pres after pres and vp dies, they asked her the name of US nat form, who MLK is, what is the emancipation proclamation, like 10 questions. Then they had her write "I went to the post office"

Prior to that, they went thru her file, asked her some questions about previous travel, what my father does, just verifying everything that had been put on the forms.

Then she congratulated her, gave her an interview pass form, and said oath letter will come in the mail. Mine is in a few days, I'll post my update, so I hope we get the same oath ceremony, that will be a blessing.

My mom had her interview today, should have been at 11:45am but they got there at 10:30am, and by 11:30am they were already out. The questions they asked her were pretty simple, who is the president, who are your 2 senators, colors of the flag, who becomes pres after pres and vp dies, they asked her the name of US nat form, who MLK is, what is the emancipation proclamation, like 10 questions. Then they had her write "I went to the post office"

Prior to that, they went thru her file, asked her some questions about previous travel, what my father does, just verifying everything that had been put on the forms.

Then she congratulated her, gave her an interview pass form, and said oath letter will come in the mail. Mine is in a few days, I'll post my update, so I hope we get the same oath ceremony, that will be a blessing.

actual interview was 15-20mins