Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

My turn to post good news this time..

Finished interview 8/26 and got oath letter for 9/11. USCIS is sure working to keep their promise on backlogs.

PD - Jan 07
1st FP - Feb 07
2nd FP - July 08
Interview - Aug 08
Oath - Sept 08

N-400 Detroit Interview and Oath

I applied on 5/10/2006 and had to wait way too long to finally get to the interview. After my second fingerprint appointment, things went a lot faster. My interview was on 9/10/2008 and my oath letter was mailed today 9/15/2008 (I called them today to check on my case and the IO gave me the great news) for the oath ceremony on 9/16/2008.

At the interview the officer jokingly made the remark that he thinks I am setting a record for processing time. =)))

Good luck to everyone. You posts were very encouraging during the “pending” period. I encourage everyone to share their experiences because it really gives everyone hope.

PD - May 2006
1st FP - June 2006
2nd FP - July 2008
Interview - Sep 10, 2008
Oath - Sept 26, 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath Ceremony on Sept 26th 2008

I heard about this oath ceremony (big one) next friday... Anyone received letters ? DO you know the timings?

Thanks.

My dates

Hi folks,

My turn, I sent my N-400 on 09/1/08
Check cashed in 09/03/08
PD 09/05/08
NOA received on 09/15/08

NOA letter states that my applicaiton has been sent to USCIS National Benefits center and this is part of administrative process .....
Also, it said I should receive the interview letter within 90 days.

Pardon my ignorance, why the app being sent to National Benefits Center and states that I will get the interview letter, where is FP letter, namecheck process etc. before final interview? I guess I need to read more about this process.

I also registered on the USCIS.gov site and was able to pull up my N-400 status(says "Case received and Pending") using the LIN number provided on the I-797(NOA).

-asagem

I heard about this oath ceremony (big one) next friday... Anyone received letters ? DO you know the timings?

Thanks.

I was told by an Immigration Officer that the oath will be at 9 am on 9/26/2008 and that I should be there by 6 am (3 hours prior). My Oath letter was mailed out on 9/15/2008. I should have the actual letter in the next few days.

My update: Today I received the letter/notice of naturalization oath ceremony
N-400 sent to Lincoln, NE 5/12/08
Check cashed 5/15/08
Notice of Action 5/20/08
FP Letter 5/23/08
FP 6/6/08
IL 7/14/08
Interview 9/4/08
Oath letter 9/12/2008, received on 9/19
Oath scheduled for 9/26/08 at Cobo at 9am

I received the Oath letter on 9/19/2008. (Printed 9/15/2008; Mailed from Nebraska on 9/16/2008)

The Oath Ceremony is at COBO Hall at 9 am on 9/26/2008.

PD - May 11, 2006
1st FP - June 2006
2nd FP - July 2008
Interview - Sept 10, 2008
Oath Letter Received - Sept 19, 2008
Oath Ceremony - Sept 26, 2008

To usAdam:
R u going to be there 3 hours prior to the oath? My IO didn't mention anything about time and it says "arrive promptly" in the letter. i'm planning to be there at 8.45 am or so. any suggestion?

hello everyone I have a question, I notice PD dates are usually a few days after receipt.
NSC got mine on Sep 2 based on mail tracking, and till today Sep 25 havent received anything from them, check isnt cashed either. My mother sent hers in aug and got her own PD within a few days. I see asagem sent theirs same time i did, and already received notice from them. Does anyone know if there's any # I can call?

Ok I see from my bank that they have cashed my check on Sep 24...yay! ok now should receive something this week...
meanwhile immigration is kinda funny, my mom received a letter regarding what to expect on her interview, yet there was no date. We called immigration and they said that they'll be sending something else. I'm guessing her interview might be scheduled for sometime in Oct.

Her timeline is application sent early aug
fingerprinting mid Sep in Grand Rapids

Mailed N400 to NSC (Priority mail w/ dc) received Sep 2, 08
Check cashed Sep 24, 08
NOA received Oct 3, 08
PD Sep 23, 08

Check cashed Sep 24, 08
NOA received Oct 3, 08
PD Sep 23, 08

Your application was received Sept 2nd and they only gave you PD of Sept 23? Wonder why they gave you a PD 3 weeks after receive date as PD is usually based on date they receive application.

my timeline

Please post yours...

Sent N-400 8/30/08
PD 9/2/08
NOA 9/5/08
FP notice 9/15/08
FP Date 10/04/08 (Detroit)
IL: ??
ID: ??
OL: ??
OD: ??

Check cashed Sep 24, 08
NOA received Oct 3, 08
PD Sep 23, 08

Updated
Check cashed Sep 24, 08
NOA received Oct 3, 08
PD Sep 23, 08
FP letter received: Oct 9, 08
FP: Oct 16, 08 (painless process, took about 20mins in GR)

@Buddysmyth, I have no idea, kept waiting but was just happy that I received FP notification a week later. If they keep at this pace, I'll have interview notification this week for an interview for mid Nov! hehe and oath will be 1st week of dec:D

@soolong, our dates are somewhat similar, tho I sent mine same day as yours, didnt receive notification till 3 weeks later.

my mother had her fingerprinting like 2nd week of Sep, and just got interview notice for Jan 6, she's moving it though cause of travel, going through her lawyer, shouldnt be a problem.
Funny this is my uncle had his fingerprinting done same day as hers, and his interview is late Nov.

Oath date at Detriot?

Hi,

I am wondering when is the next oath date at Detroit. Does any body know how I can get this information?

Had my interview on 10/27/08, and officer told me I should have my oath letter in 3-4 weeks.

I know I need a little more patience here, but just in case some body knows the answer.

Hi,
I had my interview done in Detroit. The Officer told me expect oath in 2-3 weeks. She setup the oaths then there will other after Nov 13.

passport

I am scheduled for oath on 11/21 and will have to apply for visa to travel overseas ASAP. What is the fastest way to get the passport? I heard about expedited service, what are the procedures and how long does it normally take? Someone says there is a regional processing in Chicago, would it be helpful for me to apply over there since I will have to go there for visa anyway. Thanks!