Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

Done with my Oath Ceremony today at US Federal court, Lafayatte St in Downtown Detroit. There were about 79 people who became citizens today, majority(14) of them are from India.

It took me about 11 months for the whole process. Good luck all.

Done with my Oath Ceremony today at US Federal court, Lafayatte St in Downtown Detroit. There were about 79 people who became citizens today, majority(14) of them are from India.

It took me about 11 months for the whole process. Good luck all.

Congratulations USC !!

My wife and I had our interviews done in Detroit on June 11th. We received our Oath letters 2 days ago. My oath ceremony is scheduled for July 14th and my wife's is on July 17th, both in the US District Court, Lafayette St., Detroit.

We sent our N400s end of December 2007. Everything went like clockwork, with both our applications, with FP and IL on the same dates. However, interestingly our oath ceremonies are on different days.:confused:

I went for Info pass today to check the status of my Oath letter but did not get much information, same news that My file is transfered from Immigration officer to the person who schedules the oaths. They don't know when are the next available oath dates. I interviewed on may 21st but people who interviewed later got their Oath letters already. Guys, Please participate in this forum in posting your dates rather then just reading which will help others and yourself. Please post if anybody around my date are still waiting for oath letters? Thanks

No news yet. It seems my case is with the person who schedule the Oaths. My file is transfered to him on June 13th. Yet I did not receive the oath letter. I went for info pass 2nd time 10 days ago, same reply. Iam wondering typically how much time it takes after it is in the queue for Oath.

N-400 sent to Lincoln, NE 5/12/08
Check cashed 5/15/08
Notice of Action 5/20/08
FP Letter 5/23/08
FP 6/6/08
IL 7/14/08
Interview scheduled for 9/4/08

Just a quick question. I have my Oath ceremony coming up soon. It is listed as "US District Court Eastern Region SD" and later as in Cobo Hall in a ballroom. Am I to proceed to Cobo for the ceremony or to some other location first? Hope I am not asking a stupid question.

Finally I received my Oath letter yesterday. My Oath date is July 18th.

immi08,
Did you have the below same address in your receipt:-

US DISTRICT COURT EASTERN REGION SD
1 WASHINGTON BLVD
DETROIT, MI 48226
COBO HALL (RIVERVIEW BALLROOM), RM2, NONE

Iam going to print directions from google and map quest and go to the specified address. It should be in the Cobo hall. Please provide if you have more info. Thanks

Citizen 107, thanks, yes, I have the same address on mine (except mine is RM 1). I am presuming it's Cobo and proceeding there and finding the Ballroom. I understand you can also process the social security at Cobo. Would be good to know where.

I had a tough luck with USCIS

07/15/07 N-400 sent to NSC
07/27/07 Priority Date
09/13/07 Receipt with exception letter received
09/19/07 FP letter received
10/20/07 FP
07/01/08 Interview @ Detroit passed (CAN YOU BELIEVE IT WAS DELAYED BY 3MONTHS)
Oath Ceremony ????? if i get one

Does anyone know when the next oath ceremony is in august or september ? anyone had their citizenship interview in early july and heard anything ????? i think my file went to a lazy officer...

People please share your dates here..... it will be very helpful

I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience to mine. I applied for a passport and passport card, and today I received just the passport. No passport card, nor my naturalization certificate. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Immi08,

It is now days normal, you get naturalization certificate and Passport card later in separate mails. Did you applied as expedited service or normal service?

Passport time line (for both wife & I) -

Thursday (same day as wife's oath) - Applied with normal service
Tuesday - online status said under processing
Wednesday - online status said processing complete and mailed
Friday - passports arrived (in USPS Priority mail)
Saturday - Natz Certificates arrived in normal mail in large yellow envelopes

Super fast processing even with normal service!

New timeline:
N-400 sent to Lincoln, NE 5/12/08
Check cashed 5/15/08
Notice of Action 5/20/08
FP Letter 5/23/08
FP 6/6/08
IL 7/14/08
Interview 9/4/08
The officer said that they will be a big ceremony in Cobo on Sept 24th and I might be part of it!She also said that they have ceremonies on Mondays and Thursdays at the Federal Court and one large ceremony at Cobo once a month on Friday.

interview

Today i had interview in detroit.
Interview time 9.30 am .called in at 10.00am.Io was nice .
asked for my GC ,Passport and DL.Went over the application.If there is any change.
asked 10 questions on civic and history.
gave me the paper saying :-
CONGRATULATION!YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL.IF FINAL APPROVAL IS GRANTED ,YOU WILL BE REPORTED WHERE AND WHEN TO GO FOR OATH CEREMONY.
What does that mean.Is it usual for detroit.or its just me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I went for citizenship interview on May 21'08 and I passed the US history exam. But I was given an N-14 form as I was away from the US for close to 18 months on re-entry permit. I applied based on 4 years + 1 day rule. The officer asked me to prove that I maintained residence while I was away as well as submit copies of all pages of passport. He gave me a month to respond. Since I filed my tax as a US resident and I had re-entry permit, the officer said I followed the process to maintain my permanent residency but I may not have fulfilled the continuous residence requirements. I submitted all the documents that the officer wanted and it has been more than 2 months and I have not received a response yet. Did any one of you receive N-14 in Detroit office? If yes, how long did it take for you to get a response? Thanks.

No,its N-652 form.I have green card from last 10 years .Applied after completing 5 years stay.Not asked for any paper.He said i will hear from them in 2-4 weeks for approval and oath.My interview was yesterday

Last edited by a moderator: