Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

Fandalou,
Congrats. Thats good news. What is your local office? Is it still Detroit?

Worried2007,
When is your infopass scheduled? Good luck and please let us know what happens.

Hi, GChopes,

I live in Mid-Michigan area. When I got my passport stamped for Green Card, I went to Detriot office. I don't know why this time they ask me to do FP at Grand Rapids. I don't know which local office I should go for interview, I guess they will let me know in the interview letter.

Thank you for your good words.

Detroit N-400

Worried

No i did not, i went to see the local office and they told me that they can not tell me anything about my FBI check, i wrote a letter to the center and they responded with a letter saying that it is still pending background check.

I am worried just like you of how long it will take for the FBI

keep me updated on your case

mouhanad

i called the uscis office and spoke to a rep and she was very nice i told her the info shes giving me is stuff i already know and i really need to know more so she said let me transfer you to someone that can help you so she transfered my call to an officer that informed that my interview letter was mailed out yesterday and he also gave me my interview date of JUNE 18 at te ins ofc in detroit, i almost cried from happiness , god is great , hopefully ur name check will go smooth keep praying and keep ur faith , i know its frustrating but it will be ok , i hope all u guys the best

Congrats Worried2007. Thats great news.

Supercomp, Do you come under Detroit DO and if so, can you post your timeline?

Spread Sheet?

Guys,
How about creating a Spread Sheet to keep track of our DO progress? It will help us at a glance to track the timeline. If you are upto it, then I can start it. But however, I need help where to store it so that everyone can access it and update it instead of just one person. Any suggestions?

I notice Koolvik has done it, need to find out more. But you know of a way to do it, please share it.

Congrats Worried2007. Thats great news.

Supercomp, Do you come under Detroit DO and if so, can you post your timeline?

I wish I was under Detroit DO. I come under Columbus DO.

At least Detroit and Columbus share common regional center (Nebraska). Hopefully, that will still speed things up for me somewhat.

Fandalou, DO = District Office, I guess where you go for your interview

Supercomp,
As you already know now DO=District office, the USCIS also refers to it as Field Office or Local Office. I came to know about the lingo on this board.

Detroit N-400

Worried

I am so happy for you, did you call the local office or the 800 number? let me know.

not yet

Punjab,

when i called the officer said they mailed it out on monday the 16 so im not sure when i should receive it but he gave me the date of my interview of JUNE 18 so im still praying and waiting on this peice of paper , i cant beleive the wait is so long and dragging but hopefully i should get it by friday or saturday

Detroit n-400

So i called the USCIS office and i spoke to an officer who told me that i am still stuck in the background check and he does not know when it will come back, USCIS check the background comming from FBI on a weekly basis.

so still waiting .................................

mohanad

sis u call local office or 800 number listen i just got my interview letter today hopefully ull get urs soon keep me posted

punjab

when is you interview scheduled for and do u know how long after the interview is oath , in the letter they said wear proper attire in case u can attend same day oath ceremony , do u know anyone that attended same day interview and ceremony for oath?

Worried

Congrats on getting the IL! My date is Jun 14th.

Four of my friends became citizens in Detroit in last 3 months and none of them were administered oath the same day. All of them had oath 2-6 weeks after the Interview. So, I would be dressed nicely in case they have oath the same day but likelyhood of that is very small.

pdurb,
Can you please post your interview experience?

I see this week there are quite a few of them have interviews. Good luck to you all.