Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

mohanad

no its still saying the date my application was received.

punjab

so its unlikely to have the oath same day ,so another month for the oath wow , wats all this wait for and and they have oath twice a month in detroit .and remember its gonna be close to july 4th independence day so its posiible that oath would be same day

Update: Completed my interview today. Had to wait for more than 45 minutes (beyond scheduled interview time). But the interview itself was pretty painless. The officer was very cordial and polite.

1) I do... solemn promise to say only the truth
2) Asked to submit my GC, DL and passport.
3) Went over the N-400 application
4) Verified some travel dates with the entries on the passport
5) I informed the officer that I found 2 old tickets that were not mentioned in the application. The office said don't bother.
6) Civic test, english test were cake walk.
7) Congratulated me and handed me the results sheet.
8) Said that I need to take my GC for oath ceremony. They will then keep the GC and give Nat.Certificate.
9) I asked how long to receive the Oath letter. I was told it would take no more than 3-4 weeks but may be sooner.
10) I thanked and left.

The whole interview process did not take more than 15 minutes.

Received Interview Date

All set to go for interview on June 21st..

Here are my details

N-400 Timeline (Detroit, MI)
03/12/07: N-400 Mailed to NSC
03/13/07: Priority Date
03/16/07: Checks cashed
03/24/07: Received N-400 Receipt Notice along with FP letter
04/05/07: FP Completed
04/23/07: Interview Letter Received
06/21/07: Interview Date

I applied for SSS Status letter a month ago, no response yet:confused: . Did anybody get response from Selective Serices??

I had applied for SSS status a long time ago (1 year) and received it within 4-6 weeks. Do not worry. I carried the letter with me but was never asked by the officer.

Liamtoh1,
Congrats on passing your interview.

rs_Detroit, congrats on getting your interview letter. Did you followup with FBI after your FP? Regarding SSS letter, it took them 4 weeks to mail it to me. You may be getting it any time now.

How do you follow up with FBI??

Is there an official procedure or a channel to know if the FP cleared or not and how to make sure everything is OK..

Let me and the board know..

RS_Detroit

How do you follow up with FBI??

Is there a phone number or website to follow up??

RS_Detroit

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there an official procedure or a channel to know if the FP cleared or not and how to make sure everything is OK..

Let me and the board know..

RS_Detroit

Is there a phone number or website to follow up??

RS_Detroit

Rs_Detroit,

You do not have to worry about it as you already got your interview letter. Normally after submitting the finger prints, you can check with the FBI if the prints were readable or not. Once FBI does the background check, they will forward the results to USCIS. USCIS then does their check and then sends out interview letter. So you do not have to worry about it now since you already have your letter. Sorry, if I caused you some concern. I gave my prints and want to know what other members did on this theard.

Finger print done today

I got my finger prints done today at Grand Rapids. Officer very polit and procedure just took several minutes. I read in this forum some where that people know their finger prints cleared same day. How did they know that?

Thanks for the clarification

I guess just wait for the Interview and hope everything goes well.

Rs_Detroit,

You do not have to worry about it as you already got your interview letter. Normally after submitting the finger prints, you can check with the FBI if the prints were readable or not. Once FBI does the background check, they will forward the results to USCIS. USCIS then does their check and then sends out interview letter. So you do not have to worry about it now since you already have your letter. Sorry, if I caused you some concern. I gave my prints and want to know what other members did on this theard.

how long for oath

Liamtoh1

how long did the officer say before you will get your oath letter, and did they give you any papaer that you passed your citizenship exam to take with you to the oath ceremony??

Liamtoh1

how long did the officer say before you will get your oath letter, and did they give you any papaer that you passed your citizenship exam to take with you to the oath ceremony??

9) I asked how long to receive the Oath letter. I was told it would take no more than 3-4 weeks but may be sooner.

See my post #342 for my interview experience.

Yes, I got a document N-652 (N-400 Interview Results Document) that said I passed the interview.

The Officer told me to take my GC and Oath letter (whenever I receive it) to the Oath ceremony. I will take N-652 document, but I think it is not needed as I would have my Oath letter with me at that time.

From what I read on this board, usually the case status disappears just before they mail the interview letter. It is also an indication that your file has been moved to local DO. It was also mentioned on this board that online status disappearance is not an accurate indication of mailing interview letter and few people case was still online even after getting oath! Anyway, I was just curious whats happening with this theard members.

BTW, where is your interview scheduled? is it Detroit?

From what I read on this board, usually the case status disappears just before they mail the interview letter. It is also an indication that your file has been moved to local DO. It was also mentioned on this board that online status disappearance is not an accurate indication of mailing interview letter and few people case was still online even after getting oath! Anyway, I was just curious whats happening with this theard members.

BTW, where is your interview scheduled? is it Detroit?

My interview is @ 333 Mount Elliot St. in Detroit..

BTW, I received by SSS letter (it took 5 weeks to receive my letter)..

Finger print cleared same day

Hi, guys,

I called FBI finger printing office (1-304-625-2000) today and they told me that my finger prints has been cleared and returned to USCIS the same day I had them done.

03/28/07 N-400 sent to NSC
03/29/07 (day 01) Priority date
04/02/07 (day 05) Check was cashed
04/09/07 (day 12) Notice of Action letter received
04/10/07 (day 13) On-line status showed up
04/16/07 (day 19) FP letter received
04/24/07 (day 27) FP scheduled date
04/24/07 (day 27) FP done and cleared

Detroit N400 timeline

FP 2/10/07 (Wife and myself)
IL scheduled date 4/19/07 (myself)
Interview cleared; waiting for OL (myself)
My wife did not receive the IL even as of 4/27/07. Any suggestions?