Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

Ksa123,
Congrats on your path to your citizenship.
I have one question to ask regarding your traffic ticket. Did the officer write your traffic details on your application? The reason, I am asking is that I have two speeding tickets some 12 years back. I do not have record of them or cant really recall which town or where I got them. Even they do not appear on my DMV record. Any suggestion what else to do?

liamtoh1,

I have seen that every time you call a different person picks up the phone. Some are more helpful and friendlier then the other. Try calling again and you may get lucky...

n400jan18. Thanks for the tip.

I called today and was told that my Oath is on 05/23 @ 9am @ Cobo. She said that the letters were mailed out on May-08 and was surprised that I did not receive the letters yet. But said not to worry and just show up at Cobo with Passport and GC.

Any other documents required?

GCHopes,
Yes, officer wrote it down traffic details on my application under Part 10, Section D. In my case I called my district court and gave First Name and Last Name, they found my case which happened 7 years back and I requested them ‘Register of Action’ report which costs me $2.00. In your case if you do not remember which district court then you don’t worry about this. But if you remember your district court, just call them and request them to send you the register of action report over the mail also.

ksa123,
Thanks for your reply.

liamtoh1 & n400jan18
Congrats on your path to your citizenship. Please stick around for sometime after your oath.

Il

GCHopes,
have you received your IL? I think a lot of people are waiting that letter for a long time from Nebraska SC. They seem to just put people on the que for interview scheduling.

Not yet

I have not recieved my IL. I believe Fandalou and McMahon also have similar timeline.

Fandalou and McMahon, any updates?

noncitizen, what is your timeline?

No IL yet

No interview Letter in the mail however this does not come as a surprise since the NSC needs to get my file from Philadelphia / Cherry Hill (I have moved to Michigan in November 2006).

I have a question: since the Detroit DO posts that as of 04/18/2006, they were processing the N-400 applications with Priority Date 09/12/2006, how can some applicants on the forum have received their Interview Letter - or even have passed the intreview although they filed in January?

N-400 Priority Date: 03/20/2007
FP: 04/12/2007

Oath date 5/23/07

ND 12/28/06 (Wife and myself)
FP 2/10/07 (Wife and myself)
FP cleared the same day for both of us
IL scheduled date 4/19/07 (myself)
Interview completed 4/19/07 (myself)
OL Received 5/14/07 (myself)
Oath date 5/23/07 (myself)

My wife has not yet received the IL...
I called the 800 number regarding my wife's application and they asked me to call back after 7 months from the date of FP .

Here is an updade of my timeline:
09/26/06: ND
09/29/06: FP notice
10/10/06: FP
02/13/07: InfoPass (useless)
04/20/07: Service request submitted (by calling 800-375-5283)
04/26/07: Case status disappeared
04/30/07: IV notice generated
05/02/07: IV notice mailed
05/11/07: IV notice received
06/26/07: IV date

Traffic Tickets

It is unlikely that the district courts would have traffic records before 2000 (7 years total) that were paid off. I checked with couple district courts and was told that closed infractions before 2000 are no longer in their databases.

No IL yet

I have not recieved my IL. I believe Fandalou and McMahon also have similar timeline.

Fandalou and McMahon, any updates?

noncitizen, what is your timeline?

Hi, GChopes,

I haven't received my IL yet. On line status not disappear either.

Hope we will get IL soon.

Oath Ceremony Date

Hello all,

Just found out that my Oath Ceremony is on May 23rd @ 9:00 am COBO Hall.

Haven't received the letter yet.. The USCIS lady was very courteous.

Liamtoh1, n400jan14, I hope to meet you at the ceremony.

Cheers,

Unclesam

No interview Letter in the mail however this does not come as a surprise since the NSC needs to get my file from Philadelphia / Cherry Hill (I have moved to Michigan in November 2006).

I have a question: since the Detroit DO posts that as of 04/18/2006, they were processing the N-400 applications with Priority Date 09/12/2006, how can some applicants on the forum have received their Interview Letter - or even have passed the intreview although they filed in January?

N-400 Priority Date: 03/20/2007
FP: 04/12/2007

I am not sure about the PD either. I have seen similar random approvals in almost all the other DO's. Lets cross fingers and hope next wave of IL letters comes through now.

GoBlue,
Please post your timeline.