Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

03/28/07 mailed to NSC
03/29/07 Received/Priority Date
04/02/07 Check cashed
04/09/07 Notice of Action letter received
04/10/07 on-line status show up

On the notice of action letter, it says "You will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office. You should expect to be notified within 90 days of this notice."

Does evey one else receive the same message? I haven't receive the fingerprint yet as of today. (04/10/07)

Mine said 180 days. I read in this forum that some got 360 days and others a random number. And at the end of the theard, they concluded that it means nothing. BTW, did you get FP appointment letter?

Hi GChopes,

I have not received the fingerprint appointment letter yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fandalou
My mistake I didnt read ur post properly. We both have similar PD and ND. I am sure you will get yours this week. Keep updating this theard and share your info.

sorry to trouble you guys from Detroit... :)

I'm not from Detroit, but I figured this is the best to ask
this question:

Since Detroit is only across the river from Windsor,Canada,
many of you must have gone to Canada on many short
trips lasting only 2 to 5 hours.(like for shopping or
something)

Did you guys have to declare all those short trips on your
N-400 application? :confused:

Thank you for your information! :)

I did.

GOT IL Today

Got IL in mail today

Sent N400 application to NSC - 03/02/07
Receipt & Notice Date - 03/06/07
FP Letter Received - 03/16/07
FP Completed - 03/29/07
IL Notice Date - 04/09/07
IL Letter Received - 04/13/2007
IL - 6/14/07
Oath -??

Punjab DaPuttar

Congrats PunjabDaPuttar..

I hope to follow your foot steps..My FP was 4/5/04..

Good luck..Keep us all posted..

RS_Detroit

Punjab DaPuttar,
That's excellent news. Congrats.
They took just 10 days to send out IL!
Good luck and keep us posted.

Good luck RS_Detroit, you are next:)

Online case did not disappear

Thanks rs_detroit and GChopes! Wish you THE BEST!

Just want to mention that my case has not disappeared from the web. Still displays the old message 'On March X, we sent you a notice'

please help me

hi all

i applied for my citizenship back on 1/5/07 and got fingerprinted on 1/19/07 and until this date i didnt receive my interview letter , any info or help is greatly appreciated.
p.s : my application is wit the Uscis Detroit office.

worried2007

I would recommend getting an InfoPass ASAP..could be a delay due to name check. I hope its not but better follow up right away.

info pass

i scheduled an appointment to see an immigration officer, is that the right way to do it , what would happen after i meet with one , and regarding the name check i have 2 different last names , one is my maiden name and then the second one that i use now is my married name , would that be the issue , im so worried when are they going to send me why interview letter.

Punjab , what would happen if its a name check, i dont have any criminal record or any problems with my name , what would happen in those cases, your info and your help is greatly apprecited , u guys are very knowledgebale.

Name check does not depend on how many names you have...It depends on the fact if any of the names matches with the names in the FBI files. Please see the NAME CHECK thread which is a sticky. Rahul Kumar has explained it very well. Point to be noted is that name check is done for both I-485 and N-400. If you passed name check for I-485 then most likely it will be a smooth sailing for N-400 as well.

One more thing- since you have not received Interview Letter after almost 3 months of Fingerprint, scheduling an InfoPass and talking to Information officer is correct way to do it.

thank you punjab

yes i did pass the I485 name check fine and the process time was normal but this time its taking forver . i have my permannat resident card but im worried on why this N400 application is taking a long time .

i hope i will get it soon that will be such a relief

thank you for all ur help

FP letter received

I received my FP letter today. FP sceduled for next Tuesday(04/24/07) at Grand Rapids.

03/28/07 N-400 sent to NSC
03/29/07 Priority date
04/02/07 Check was cashed
04/09/07 Notice of Action letter received
04/10/07 On-line status showed up
04/16/07 FP letter received
04/24/07 FP scheduled date