Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

OMG!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I got my interview letter!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

July 24. My wife cried when she heard. Now hopefully the process speeds up, so we can get her over from South Africa to the USA.

kirit

Successful Interview !!

I completed my interview today successfully. The interviewing officer was very nice. She basically went through my application and asked the same questions already in the form. She asked me 6 questions and asked me to read and write a simple sentence. That's it.

Gave me the approval form and said that the oath letter will be mailed ia few days.

Good luck to everyone in this forum. Will update the forum after I get my oath letter

Thanks

cp485 said:
I completed my interview today successfully. The interviewing officer was very nice. She basically went through my application and asked the same questions already in the form. She asked me 6 questions and asked me to read and write a simple sentence. That's it.

Gave me the approval form and said that the oath letter will be mailed ia few days.

Good luck to everyone in this forum. Will update the forum after I get my oath letter

Thanks
Wow, im just amazed at how quickly the process worked for you. :) Glad that your getting it. Hope the last few steps for me are easy.

Name check

I read from the link below that naturalization interview currently can nolonger be scheduled until all security checks including name check.are complete.
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_delcer.html

I am scheduled for interview on 07/07/06 so does it mean name check is complete?.

Any insight is appreciated.

PD - 02/20
FP - 05/10
ID - 07/07

Oath ceremony experience at Grand Rapids, MI

Finished my oath ceremony today in Grand Rapids MI.

Notice said appointment at 12:30PM. It was held in Ford Museum in Grand Rapids. Judge had to go somewhere and new time was given for 1:30PM.

They checked for N-445(oath cermony letter) and green card and let's in.

Being the flag day today, small flag ceremony was held. Then Judge went through small speech, reconginized citizens all the countries who are converting to U.S. Citizens. Finally Judge concluded the session and then came in a govt officer who took Green Card and N-445 and handed a Naturalization certification(NC). Barely checked to see if everything is correct.

30 seconds after receiving NC, I applied for U.S. passport with the U.S. Post office team sitting right outside the hall.

Experience was both joyful and emotional (especially when the judge reads - dennounce your attachment to any other state, nation, king etc).

I will post again after receiving U.S. Passport. They are saying it's taking lot more time these days (happens everytime I apply)

12/09/2006 - N-400 sent (US regular mail)
01/10/2006 - FP appt date
05/15/2006 - Interview appt (Approved)
05/21/2006 - Oath ceremony notice received
06/14/2006 - Oath Ceremony (Flag day)

Nakoo / cp485: Oath letters yet?

Have either of you received your oath letters yet? Based on other reports and my own experience last year, these have been coming within about a week after the interview at Detroit. I'm interested because my friend's interview is this Monday and he may need to travel in July.

Last edited by a moderator:
No oath letter yet.

Cantex,

I'm still waiting for my oath letter. Will post as soon as I get it.

Thanks

Schedule of Oath Ceremonies...

I called Detroit INS regarding oaths and it seems that the oath schedule kind of depends on which district you live in. For folks living in western districts of Michigan(Grand Rapids, Holland etc), the next oath cermenony would be in the month of August. The date and venue has not been scheduled yet.

vroomy
ID: 05/16

Hi vroomy

Was your ID 5/16? Are you from the Detroit area. I completed my interview on 6/7 and I'm from the Detroit area.

Did they tell anything about applicants living in SE Michigan?

Thanks

Hi cp485,

Yes, my interview was on 5/16. I am from Grand Rapids area. Sorry, I didn't ask them about oath ceremonies in SE Michigan.

vroomy

Notice for Oath - not yet - Detroit

Hi,
I have also not received the oath date yet. Normally it is within one week of ID. My ID was 6/5.

I understand from some one that they might club various oath ceremonies and have a lage one on 4th July... may be in some arena or stadium.

So, that might be causing delay in mailing letters. God ( In this case USCIS ) will ( or actually might ) know.

Will share as soon as I get the letter

Nakoo

Oath Letters, location

Thanks for sharing your updates, everyone. Hope you get your letters very soon!

My oath last year was in Detroit (I live in mid-Michigan, about equally close to Detroit and GR). I would much rather have it in Detroit, since at least at that time the ceremonies were being held twice a week. It sounds like the ceremonies at Grand Rapids are only held every 1 or 2 months (and that seems tobe relatively new -- I never heard of that until this year).

Hi Cantex,

Do you know if there is a way to know the schedule of oath ceremonies in Detroit. ?

Thanks

Oath Letter Recd - Traveled in this period

Hi,
ID was 6/5.
ath letter dated 6/13 received on 6/17 for oath on 6/30.
I am sure others will be getting soon.
I have been out of country between Interview and Oath.
How is that going to impact my Oath, when I say yes to the question that I have traveled out side the country?
Nakoo

Nakoo said:
Hi,
ID was 6/5.
ath letter dated 6/13 received on 6/17 for oath on 6/30.
I am sure others will be getting soon.
I have been out of country between Interview and Oath.
How is that going to impact my Oath, when I say yes to the question that I have traveled out side the country?
Nakoo
Congrats!
No impact. They just need to ensure that you haven't been outside the country too long to still meet the requirements for naturalization. Since your trip was obviously relatively short, I'm sure you'll be fine.
My friend's interview today was also uneventful (i.e. successful).

Received the oath letter today

I received my oath letter today. Please see below for my timeline. Thanks

CanTex said:
Congrats to you and Nakoo -- looks like you're going to meet at the ceremony!
Damn, i wonder if it will be possible for me to crash the oath ceremony too. :) Interview date on the 24th.

kirit

epicstruggle said:
Damn, i wonder if it will be possible for me to crash the oath ceremony too. :) Interview date on the 24th.

kirit

epicstruggle, is your interview date Saturday June 24th? wondering they are open Saturday?

DO Detroit
PD: 3/7/06
ND: 3/14/06
FP: Notice Mailed 4/28
FP: Notice Recvd. 5/3
FP: Date 5/5, was out of town, so asked for reschedule
FP: reschedule date 7/29
FP: Completed 5/13. walk-in, no appointment at Detroit ASC Saturday 5/13
ID: 7/18