Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

Interview done

My wife went for interview on 7/18. The scheduled time was 11:00 AM. She was called in at 11:45. Interview over in 20 mins. The officer went over the whole application, asked her to write a sentence and read a sentence, asked her 10 questions.

At the end, the officer recommended her application for approval. Didn't tell her about oath.

Application mailed to NSC: Jan 10, 2005
Priority Date: Jan 14, 2005
Received Notice from NSC: Jan 26, 2005
Notice for fingerprint Recd: Feb. 8, 2005
Fingerprints done: Feb. 18, 2005
Interview Letter Received: 4/23/2005 (Could add my wife's case to Online Portfolio on 4/22)
Inteview Scheduled for : 7/18/2005

Today my oath ceremony went well :D . It is exactly what my wife went through last thursday.

Good luck to everyone :)

ramsun25 said:
Today my oath ceremony went well :D . It is exactly what my wife went through last thursday.

Good luck to everyone :)

Congrats! I appreciated having someone like you who was on a similar timeline to mine -- the information sharing about our mutual progress along the way was helpful (and reassuring).

Hope to receive my passport in a few days!

how long should i wait on my interview letter? I did my FP on 6/28 and havent heard anything since. Just getting antsy over here.

kirit

Absolutely, totally done!

Best wishes to all that follow!

My final timeline:

Mailed N-400 on Feb. 5, 2005
Rec'd at NSC on Feb. 8, 2005 (from tracking report)
Check cleared on Feb. 11th, 2005
Received Receipt Notice on Feb. 22, 2005
PD: Feb. 8, 2005
Received Fingerprint Notification: Feb. 28, 2005
Fingerprint appointment: March 17, 2005
Received Interview notification: March 29, 2005 (notice date March 24, 2005)
Interview appointment: June 22, 2005
Oath: July 18, 2005
Applied for passport: July 18, 2005 (expedited service, applied through local P.O.)
Received passport: July 29, 2005 (Chicago Passport Agency)

epicstruggle said:
how long should i wait on my interview letter? I did my FP on 6/28 and havent heard anything since. Just getting antsy over here.

kirit
Sigh, im going from antsy to very nervous. Havent heard from immigration in a while. Double sigh.

kirit

Should I contact them?

I have mailed my application on July 7, 2005.
Notice date July 15, 2005
Received and Priority Date: July 11, 2005

Today it has been exactly 30 days since notice date but have not received the fingerprint notice of action yet.

Is there a way to query if the NOA has been sent because I might have missed it because I don't live at the address any longer.
Who should I contact, the Detroit Office or Nebraska Service Center?
Should I contact them by phone or by other means?
If I make the Infopass appointment with my Detroit Application Support Center, would they check to see if I should have been fingerprinted by now. Is this a reasonable reason to make an appointment?

I appreciate your anwers.

anything new presario?

Im still waiting on my interview notification. Going on 2 months now, not sure what the hell is happening.

kirit

Nope, nothing yet Epistruggle. Still waiting on Fingerprint notice. I called the Detroit DO by phone twice but both times got the same answer that Nebraska SC sends the Fingerprint notice and not the Detroit DO. I knew that but I called just to doublecheck that it has not been sent, cause I am a little bit worried that it may have been misshanled my mail.
My vacation is scheduled for next week and I think I am going to vae to cancel it and get stuck in the house waiting for the letter, unless is fairly easy to reschedule in case the notice comes in the meanwhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my Timeline!

Nebraska Service Center
Detroit District Office
Mailed N400 Application: Feb 7, 2005
Priority Date: Feb 7, 2005
Received NOA: February 16, 2005
Finger Print Date: Mach 16, 2005
Interview Date: July 12, 2005
Oath Date: September 26, 2005

I cant complain much. It took me 7 months for the whole process. Everything went well and now that I am all set (after oath anyway), I wish everyone the best of luck!

I thank this forum too, help me cope up with my axiety while waiting. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
abs49080 said:
Nebraska Service Center
Detroit District Office
Mailed N400 Application: Feb 7, 2005
Priority Date: Feb 7, 2005
Received NOA: February 16, 2005
Finger Print Date: Mach 16, 2005
Interview Date: July 12, 2005
Oath Date: September 26, 2005

I cant complain much. It took me 7 months for the whole process. Everything went well and now that I am all set, I wish everyone the best of luck!

I thank this forum too, help me cope up with my axiety while waiting. ;)
A big congratz mate. :) Glad someone is getting some good news.

kirit

Finally

Finally my notification for fingerprint schedule has arrived today.

My timeline is as follows:

Application mauled on: July 7, 2005.
Notice date July 15, 2005
Received and Priority Date: July 11, 2005
Fingerprint notification: August 27, 2005
Fingerprint date: September 9, 2005

Great to hear you got some update on your case presario. :) Im still stuck at waiting on my interview. Double sigh. Im thinking of calling them up and seeing whats wrong.

kirit

I mailed my application :)

Hello All:

Finally I mailed mine and my spouse's application.

Now I can sit back, relax and wait :).

Thanks for answering all my questions.

regards,

Amy

Oath Ceremony

Today, My wife received her oath letter. Oath ceremony is scheduled for Sep. 23 at Cobo hall at 8:30 AM.

Her timeline is :

Application mailed to NSC: Jan 10, 2005
Priority Date: Jan 14, 2005
Received Notice from NSC: Jan 26, 2005
Notice for fingerprint Recd: Feb. 8, 2005
Fingerprints done: Feb. 18, 2005
Interview Letter Received: 4/23/2005 (Could add my wife's case to Online Portfolio on 4/22)
Inteview: 7/18/2005
Oath Cermony: 9/23/2005

Where should I apply? Detroit or kalamazoo?

Hello,

My 5 yrs. are going to be completed in 04/06, I am currently living in detoit but soon planning to move to western michigan in a small town. My questions:

What is the earliest time I can apply?
Where should I apply detroit? or somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.

you still have to mail your applications to Nebraska Service Center and your local District Office still be Detroit. There is no USCIS application support center in Kalamazoo.

No FP letter yet - anyone in the same situation

Hey All:

My spouse's PD is 8/23/05 and mine is 9/6/05. Neither of us have rec'd FP letter yet. It may be a little too early to start worrying but, I can't help it. Should we have not gotten atleast my spouse's letter by now?

Anyone with similar dates out there have rec'd their letters yet?

Any info is appreciated,

thanks,

Amy

Silence is unnerving!!

Hello all:

There hasn't been a post on this thread with good new for a month now. What is going on? I hope NSC/Detroit are still processing fast. Anyone with recent FP/Interview/Oath letters respond.

I am still waiting for my FP letter.

Thanks,

Amy

Got FP Letter

Hey all:

I'll be a one women circus on this board :).

My spouse just received the FP letter in the mail. PD 8/23/05, FP letter Rec'd 10/3/05, FP Date 11/8/05.

Thanks,

Amy