Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

Dear friends
I applied N-400 on 23March09. I finished my FP, but I have not received CFR (yellow letter) so far. Even I didn't get IL. anybody know how many months it takes to get CFR and Interview letter?
I will appreciate anyfeedback.

Update- we must be getting close to interview letter, hurray!

Detroit district office

04/01/09: priority date
04/28/09: FP notice
05/07/09: FP
06/22/09: CFR (yellow letter)

Sent Application : 06/08
Check Cashed : 06 / 17
NOA received : 06 / 19
FP Notice : 06 / 20
FP ( scheduled ) : 07 / 13

Last edited by a moderator:
My 5 yrs would complete on Sep 2.
I am guessing that would be the reason Y my FP has been scheduled in OCT.
I do not see any other reasoning. I wud love to do an walk-in FP, but i think its better not to risk to reason out by USCIS for not completing my 5 yrs. It might delay it more. I guess the officer who handled my case might be particular with time.
No Worries!! as said Patience is a virtue. Guess wud better suite me in this regard.
Thank you ---> Formerf1

My 5 yrs would complete on Sep 2.
I am guessing that would be the reason Y my FP has been scheduled in OCT.

I would think Interview date should be after 5yrs of completion. I don't think it will create any issues if FP is finished before 5 yrs.

- JS.

I received interview letter yesterday. But I did not get CFR(yellow letter). I have been asked to bring Greencard, Passport, and Interview letter. Interview is on 17August09. I am holding my finger tight.

AAAAAUGH!

We also received interview letter yesterday, scheduled for Aug 27, but we have already purchased tickets to travel to a wedding out of state over that weekend and are going to have to reschedule. It is literally the only thing on our summer calendar that we couldn't move or skip for sake of the interview, what rotten luck. I guess we shall see how much of a delay this creates for us... we sent the letter back today requesting a reschedule.

04/01/09: priority date
04/28/09: FP notice
05/07/09: FP
06/22/09: CFR (yellow letter)
06/24/09: Interview letter
08/27/09: Interview scheduled (pending reschedule)

Hi,
My receipt date is 04/24/2009 and I had my FP done on 05/27. So far I haven't received the CFR or interview letter. How long does normally take to receive interview letter from FP date? Thanks for your reply.

Hi,
My receipt date is 04/24/2009 and I had my FP done on 05/27. So far I haven't received the CFR or interview letter. How long does normally take to receive interview letter from FP date? Thanks for your reply.

I am on the same boat as you see my timeline, no letter so far.

Thanks for the reply. My FP notice date was also 05/28. I mentioned wrongly as 05/27. I didn't know that you can walk-in for FP before your scheduled FP date. I saw in one of your replies that you inquired DO and came to know that your background check was completed. How did you do that? Did you call the 800 number or took an infopass? Let us keep in touch in this thread. I will update as soon as I come to know anything from USCIS.

Thanks for the reply. My FP notice date was also 05/28. I mentioned wrongly as 05/27. I didn't know that you can walk-in for FP before your scheduled FP date. I saw in one of your replies that you inquired DO and came to know that your background check was completed. How did you do that? Did you call the 800 number or took an infopass? Let us keep in touch in this thread. I will update as soon as I come to know anything from USCIS.

I was able to do a walk in without any problems. I called the 800# and chose the option for lost receipt. Once 1'st level rep answers just say you lost receipt and don’t know the number and they will transfer you to 2nd level, where they can give you more details.

Congrats!!!

Thanks for your response. Good luck with your interview. I still have not received letter.

Went to the oath ceremony on the 9th. It was a long time coming with plenty of frustration (last bit of which included getting the letter only three days prior to the actual ceremony), but the actual ceremony was a relaxed event.

It took around 5 months between the interview and the oath ceremony.

Year 2009

06/08 Sent Application
06/17 Check Cashed
06/19 NOA received
06/20 FP Notice
07/13 FP ( scheduled )
07/15 FP ( walk in )
XX/XX
XX/XX
XX/XX
XX/XX

Thanks, I am thinking you would probably get yours next week.
Copper1,
To my surprise, I got the interview letter this week. I have my interview scheduled on Aug 10. I will share my interview experience once my interview is over.

Receipt Date: 04/22
FP Date: 05/28
FP done: 05/28
Interview letter received: 07/14
Interview date: 08/10