Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

Hi
I did walk in FP in Detroit office.Its easy .I just went and told them that i cannot make it on my appointment day .
N-400 sent on 07/06/09
FP done on 7/23/09 walk in
Interview on 09/30/09

Hope you receive it sooner than later! Do you happen to know the schedule of oath dates for Detroit applicants for later this year (yeah I'm eternally optimistic, ha!)?

I was thinking of an InfoPass appointment (if I do get an earlier date) to get in and do the FP prior to the original scheduled date. I noticed you did a walk-in FP. Were there any hassles? Any "best time" to walk-in?

Detroit DO is very easy going and they will let you do a walk in. I called the 800 number today and was told my oath date is on Sep 17 and the notice was mailed out yesterday. I will update my signature once I see the letter in mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Detroit DO is very easy going and they will let you do a walk in. I called the 800 number today and was told my oath date is on Sep 17 and the notice was mailed out yesterday. I will update my signature once I see the letter in mail.

I am glad for you that is was sooner rather than later! I will try a walk-in early next week, time permitting. Thanks!

Hello
if anybody knows about the oath dates for detroit. How can i found out the oath dates in october.my interview is on 09/30/09.
Thank you

Hello
if anybody knows about the oath dates for detroit. How can i found out the oath dates in october.my interview is on 09/30/09.
Thank you

Not sure about dates in October but you may ask for oath letter upon successful completion of your interview. My mother had her interview today in Detroit and upon approval she requested the officer to have the same oath date as mine and 45 minutes later she had the oath letter in her hand.

Got my FP done (walk-in) at Detroit DO this morning. I must say that I am impressed - streamlined and efficient. Hope the rest of the process is the same :)

Year 2009

06/08 Sent Application
06/17 Check Cashed
06/19 NOA received
06/20 FP Notice
07/13 FP ( scheduled )
07/15 FP ( walk in )
07/23 IL
09/16 ID
09/16 OL
09/24 OD

Interview was scheduled at 10:45 am.
Arrived into the office at 10:30 am. Was called in 5 min after I submitted the letter.
Did get sworn before i was allowed to sit in the chair. I was asked for Green card, Passport, DL and SS card. I dit not have the SS card. Then he Went through the application.
I did not write about my trafic tickets in the application, but did mention it at the interview. Any correction on the application was marked in red ink. Officer corrected my 3 traffic offences on the application. Asked me to answer the questions which i already marked down in the application. Then I just signed it at the end.
Moved over to Civic Test
1. How old should you be to vote in a presidential election.
2. which ocean is on the west coast
3. what happened on sep 11
4. what is the rule of law
5. During cold war, what was main concern of the united states
6. what is one right only for united states citizens

reading test : which is the largest state
written : Alaska is the largest state

Passed.
Asked me if i would like to attend the oath ceremony on Sep 24.
yes
Due to the short duration, they would have to give me the oath letter in person so asked me if i could wait for about 45 min
In about 30 min, the letter was given to me with oath date on sep 24 at 9 am at the court house

Last edited by a moderator:
Walk-in was refused

Got my FP done (walk-in) at Detroit DO this morning. I must say that I am impressed - streamlined and efficient. Hope the rest of the process is the same :)

I don't know what I did wrong but I was sent back when I tried walk-in. I am guessing they sent me back because I answered "I maybe out of town on my scheduled date." . I was told to call and reschedule if I cannot make it on the scheduled date.

NewB,

You did nothing wrong - you tried and it did not work.

I don't think that there was ever any guarantee that they would let one walk-in ahead of schedule and get the FP appointment done - even though it worked for many. If it helps, I went in by 8am on a Monday morning - not sure if you are contemplating a second walk-in :)

Good luck!

donot woory you are not the only one who was denied walk in FP .My sister was denied last month.I was able to get my FP walk in a week before that.My interview is next week 30 sep.please pray for me.anybody knows the oath dates for october.thank you

Just started my process

I am really encouraged by what I read here.
We just started the process, and I hope it is easy and fast. I remember the Immigration office down town Detroit from 5 years ago...I hope it changed :)

Cheers,

Timeline for Detroit N-400

Application submitted: 6/2/09
Confirmed receipt: 6/22
Fingerprinted: 7/22
Interview: 9/22
Oath ceremony: 9/30

Basically 4 months from mailing the application to the oath ceremony.

Appreciate your encouraging words

NewB,

You did nothing wrong - you tried and it did not work.

I don't think that there was ever any guarantee that they would let one walk-in ahead of schedule and get the FP appointment done - even though it worked for many. If it helps, I went in by 8am on a Monday morning - not sure if you are contemplating a second walk-in :)

Good luck!

donot woory you are not the only one who was denied walk in FP .My sister was denied last month.I was able to get my FP walk in a week before that.My interview is next week 30 sep.please pray for me.anybody knows the oath dates for october.thank you

I appreciate for the encouragement. I am not planning another walk-in since next week is not that far now. :)

NewB,

All you need is the FP appointment notice (form I-797C) and a photo identification (drivers license, GC, or, State ID).

I was checking the volume trend for the Detroit DO on the "new" redesigned USCIS website. Apparently, it looks like they slacked off after the elections in November :) Or was it the turkey? Or the holidays?

Check it out here:
//dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=2&office=46&charttype=1

n-400 timeline

Send: 01/26/09
Receieved: 01/28/09
Priority Date: 01/28/09
check cashed: 02/02/09
I-797C Recevied: 02/05/09
FP Letter Received: 02/12/09
FP Scheduled: 02/19/09
IV Letter: 06/01/09
IV Date: 07/01/09
OL: Never Received (missed 08/16/09 OD)
OD: 09/16/09
PP Applied: 09/16/09 (expedited)
PP Received:09/25/09

took little longer because of missed 1st fingerprint appointment and 1st oath ceremony :mad: but got the blue one (my precious :D) after all!