Detroit INS Transfer cases

Congrats GCMaster!!!!!!

I do not know about you but when my wife's 485 was approved, we did not feel happy at all. It was a relief, but no celebrations. None what-so-ever. Funny how you wait two years for something and then don't care when it finally arrives. :)

Others, ur day will come soon.

:(

Congrats GC Master

I will wait for one more week and then visit BCIS office downtown. I will take my wife with me.

Hopefully, we will not have to do this at all as officer Casterline might have cleared all the files.

Haigc: Which # did you call? Can you post that please? Thanks.

Hillbilly

Advanced parole

Hi Folks

Do they take away the Advanced parole during the interview even if they don't approve it the same day ?

My wife has here interview in june at milwaukee, wi. she is leaving for india the next day. we have the tickets and every thing is scheduled.

So if they don't approve her on the same day and take away her advanced parole then we will be in problem

Thanks
IndiannewYorker

Interview Date Mid of May

Got letter for interview date for Mid of May. Please advise oldies for preparations.
Thanks

Indiannewyorker, no they don't take any of your immigration papers back before approving. I attended the interview few days ago at the milw office. They didn't approve on the same day and didn't take any papers back. I am waiting to hear from them.

why the delay

senpal: what type of 485 case was yours. Why do you think they didnt approve it same day. This will help as I have interview next week. What type of Qs were asked.
thanks

Employment based case. Not sure why it was not approved on the same day. The officer mentioned at the interview that he has to check one more thing before approving. My lawyer thinks it may be some last minute security checks. I have no idea whats happening.

How is Officer Killmar?

Any comments how is officer KILLMAR?
Thanks to all.
I got interview with him.

post int. timeframe?

I had interview at Detroit yesterday.Went ok.But was told a reply will come in 2 weeks.

Tip: Make sure u get all the papers listed in the INS appt letter. They do ask to see them. Have extra copies and make sure you know what was in your 485 application as my officer checked every entry on the form and asked me the same Qs to confirm with my replies.

Question:
DOES anyone with recent Detroit interview experience know how long after interview does Detroit ins send a reply letter.

thanks

jr4gc questions for you?

Could you please tell me do u see any reason for no approval at the time of interview. what was the name of the officer? R U from special registration required coutry citizen?
I will have interview next week with officer killmar.
thanks
I wish best luck to u hopefully u will get appoval soon

haigc

I am not from any special reg country.
Propable reason for interview: Different last name for me and my wife. Married 8 months before 485 filing. Other than these it is a pretty straight forward Eb2 case.

Plus I heard that 3 immigration officers at Detoit INS were caught handling bribes last month and so more tight measures are in place.

good luck with your int. do take all docs

jr4gc

jr4gc

Hi jr4gc.
I am exactly in the same boat like yours. got married 10 months before filing 485 and also i am not from sp reg required country.
And also I did not change my wife lastname after marriage. So I might face same situation I suppose. Do u know what particular they need from Me. Or any advice what special care I need to take to prove wife as wife.

smilessss.

World has change so much now we need to prove what we never thought before.

Thanks for the details.
did u take
insurance detail, lease, tax filing and what else could help any comments.

Who was officer killmar or someone else?

Thanks and I pray for u dear.

Last edited by a moderator:
haigc:

For proof of marriage I had the foll docs

Marriage Certificate (orig and copy)
House/apt lease papers (orig + make copies)
Bank letter showing joint acct
Health insurance with both our names
Copies of recent tax returns

(For those who might not know this. If you call IRS they will send copies of your tax returns for past 3-5 years for FREE. It will arrive in ~1-2weeks. But they charge the next time you request such copies.I got copies for me and my wife.Got to their web page and look under help for a 800 number)

Auto/Rental insurace with both names.

I got special letters for the above from the concerned offices.I also took marriage pictures but didnt have to show them.

Another tip: Give all these docs when they ask for proof as they might not specify what doc they want, you have to volunteer some of these.

I had a different officer not kilmar.

hope this helps.

jr4gc

Very well jr4gc
One more sueggestion/Query. I got 1 year old baby out of my marriage. Is that not a good proof of marriage?

Does it make our case strong?

Did you find it helpful if you have kids?

Also please let me know how it goes with your approval as they said 2 weeks. I heard normally people get approval in 2-3 days aftre interview.

Thanks again.

Spouse's card received

Hi All,

Finally our long journey towards GC has come to an end over the weekend..with my wife getting her plastic card..it took about 1.5 weeks after receiving the welcome letter for her to get the actual card.

Best of Luck for all the local transfer cases.

GCMaster:D

Got approved!

haigc: I had posted a new thread last week about my approval you might have missed it. Both my wife and I got approved on May 2nd and the approval letter came 1 week later. It had been approved on same day of interview. I plan to go for the stamping this week.

RD Nov 8 2001
ND Nov 29 2001
TD April 4 2003
Int date May 2 2003
AD May 3 2003 (got letter May 8th)
No rfe/issues.

jr4gc

Lease paper

Dear all I did not bother to change the lease contract after I got married and my roommate moved out. I am listed as occupant but not on lease neither my wife is on lease.
what shoudl i say or take for interview. If i go without it will it delay process?