Detroit INS Transfer cases

Hi,

Can anyone share the EAD interview experience in Detroit local INS office. My wife's "EAD only" interview is scheduled in last week of this month.

Thanks
GCAMSTER

Last edited by a moderator:
Any update on current interview status .Mine was transfered Sept 16th ..Haven't heard anything from Detroit INS since then .

Had called on 17th Sept and they said the interview may be on Nov.

I read the post where it says INS officer didn't conduct any interview in NOV.

Has anybody got notice for DEC interview ..

Whats going on ..at Detroit INS ..

Wife and my case waiting for interview

Our cases were transferred on Aug 28th. Not that it matters at this stage of processing, but 485 ND was Feb 2000. Almost 2 years now. Ours is probably the case where we applied for 485 within 6 months of getting married.

Anyone knows if the medicals and FPs will have to be redone. Also somebody posted couple of days back that his wife's interview got scheduled for end of this month. When did you get the notice for that? Did you have to call repeatedly to get that scheduled?

mine got transferred to local INS ..

I was married atleast 1 year and 3 months before filling I-485. my case was transferred with saying in order to speed up your process we are transferring.
details :
RD : FEB'01
ND : Mar'01
Transfer Date : OCT 31st..
any idea what to do..

Interview letter

I just got an interview letter from Det INS. The interview is set for Dec 5th. The letter asks me to bring documents such as
I-94, Marriage Cert,current employment letter, Tax docs for past 3 years, proof of common residence and shared life such as joint bank acc,joint ins,joint taxes,lease etc

Can any body share interview experince

thanks

bopp3

Hi bop33

did they ask for paystubs, if yes how many months?

Did they ever reject cases in detroit INS?

They actually asked current employment letter showing rate of pay,when employment began and hours worked per week . I do not know if any cases were rejected in Detroit .

Dec 6th interview

Hi guy, I got a letter from Detroit INS for an interview on Dec 6th. They are asking for same documents as bop33.
I spoke to my lawyer today and she said she will come with me for the interview.

bopp and josil... when were u transferred

Bopp3 & Josil:

When were your cases transferred to Detroit. Just so that I get some idea of how much longer. My wife and I were transferred Aug 28. Haven't head anything from Detroit. Should we have got something from them? Only thing we got was from Nebraska saying the case had been transferred.

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Got interview

Got interview letter for Dec 4th. Same documents required as others. Is a lawyer necessary? I heard u do not really need one.

Had to scrap my travel to India plans.. lost $550.00 on cancelled plane tickets.. but that is OK, as long as this circus gets over.

:(

unhappywithNSC ..when was your case transfered to Detrit .Mine was on Sep16th

Dtw2001 ...any update on yours ...

Hillbilly did you get any interview letter?

We haven't so far. Whats going on?..seems like FCFS(First Come First Serve) doesn't really apply to Detroit INS.

Question to all those who got interview letters for Dec:

Congrats!! Finally end is near...
In your case did only dependents case get transferred or both primary applicant and dependents cases got transferred?

Your replies may throw some light on how Detroit INS schedules interviews.

Thanks
GCMaster

rishidas

case transferred on June 13th 2002. details have been posted in a previous mail in this thread.

GCMaster

Only my wifes case was transferred. She was the dependent. My case was approved in June 2002. We were married less than six months before applying for 485. May be that has something to do with it too.

:(

unhappywithNSC

Could you please post u're interview exp after u're interivew. My interview is on 5th. This will help me a lot.
Thanks in advance.

GCMaster
In our case, both of our applications got transfered.

Hope this helps!

My Wife Interview Date

We have not got any communication from Detriot Center as yet !

My wifes case was transferred on Aug 29th !! We are still waiting for the interview letter !!

indiannewyorker

Hey all,

I dont know how its going to impact interview. I just saw this in one of the threads!!!

bx2002

Bad News From "home Land Security"
I went to the local INS for a I-485 interview yesterday 11/20. The officer told me just on yesterday at 5:00pm they was told not to approve anything until further notice because the approval of "home land security". So I drove 6 hour there just to get the bad news. Can anyone dig out more information about this and even have the approval process started again

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Got interview notice

Hi all,

A quick update for those who are still waiting for an interview date..keep your hopes alive. My wife’s interview is on Dec 4th.
As far list of documents requested..its pretty much same as others.

My wife’s case was transferred on July 26th. Seems like the scheduling might be dependent on the RD of the primary petitioner, but who knows??

So far we haven't received the actual interview letter, only my attorney got it.

GCMaster