Detroit INS Transfer cases

GCMaster

Any news? I called the Detroit INS today and they have no info about the case, i.e. they have not officially received it yet.

Based on 'can can's post, I thought that we would have it by now. Tough luck!

Hillbilly

An update..

My wife's I-485 was transferred to Detroit on 6/13/02. Recieved by detroit on 6/27/02, is still in the mail room at detroit as of 8/16/02.

My wife's I-765 was transferred on 7/18/02, and has been recieved and in the mail room as of 8/16/02.

Pretty depressing, eh?

:(

Hi HillBilly,

When u called detroit INS, did u talk to somebody? Whenever I call, I only get the answering machine. Which number did u call?

Thanks

Unhappywithnsc

How do you know that your file is in the mail room? please let me know.
Detroit INS number is: 313-259-8564

Hi 485Please,

I had gone there with my wife to get an interim EAD for her. They refused to give it since the RD was within 90 days. I knew that, but was hoping i could talk them into giving one. While I was there, I asked her about the other case also. That is when she said it will take some time since both the cases were recieved a long time ago by the Detroit INS but were still in the mail room.

Have u ever tried calling detroit INS at that number and gotten a live person? If yes, when did u call?

Hi UnhappywithNSC

I have called this number several times, and a lady picks up the phone. This lady picks up the phone if you select the option '1'. Usually if she is at the desk, she picks up the phone even before the menu option comes. Her name is i believe Darlene. She is very very helpful, and gives you all the information. she asks for you a# and checks the computer and tells you if the file has reached the office yet.
I have been told that usually between 3 weeks to a month, the case gets entered into the system.
In your case it seems to have taken longer.
I went to INS office in Detroit to talk about my case personally, but that place was overcrowded, and i came back..... I hope i will never have to go there again :-(

unhappywithNSC

Pls. call Darlene Cass. She is very helpful but there is nothing she can do, everything is in the mail room. Good Luck!

Hillbilly

Wife's Interview

Hi Folks,

My Green Card was Approved on 20 AUG 2002. My wifes as forwarded to Detriot for a Interview. We got married in march 2001 and applied for I-485 in Aug 2001. I am guessing thats the reason for interview.

Ok here is the issue, I changed jobs after 6 months of appling for my I-485, and I never resigned from my job. So technically i was fine as I was working on EAD and had a job with my original petioning employer. My lawyer also suggested the same. Luckly i got approved and after approval my ORIGINAL DESI Body Shopper Fired me (Even though i Still have to get a Termination Letter). But MY green card was approved on Original Desi BodyShoppers Petition.

So now When My Wife goes for a Interview, Will she be asked about my original Employers Details like letters and pay stubs or but my CURRENT Employers Stuff ?!!! What are the Potential other questions asked ?

And one other thing .. We live in Wisconsin.. so why on earth my wifes case was transfered to DETRIOT instead of Milwaukee ?
but we are ready to drive to Detriot .. instead of having the case transfered to milwaukee... Who knows how long will that take !

What Say Guys ?

My Wifes Details
RD : 17 Aug 2001
ND : Sep 24 2001
Tranfer Date from NSC TO DETRIOT : Aug 29 2002

Regards

IndianNewyorker

IndianNewYorker

The transfer to detroit INS was probably a mistake (if you never lived there). Please contact your lawyer to have it fixed.

Hi hillbilly,

I talked to darlene cass. She was curt. She said the interviews for september were already scheduled, and they are working on interviews for october/ nov. Don't know when my wifes interview will be arranged.

Got Transfer Notice for my Wife

My Wifes Transfer Notice says :

This is to Advise you that in order to speed processing we have tranferred the above case to the following INS office for Processing

Address of INS office

That Office will notify you of a decision made on the application or petition. Any futher inquries should be made to that office.

Do all you notices say the same thing ? or is it any different.

IndianNewYorker

Hillbilly

Nothing new on our case either. Detroit INS says so far they haven't received the case. It may be in the mail room. Asked us to check back after a month or so.

Please post any new updates.

IndianNewYorker,

Our transfer notice says the same thing.

unhappywithNSC,

I had a similar experience with the INS operator, don't remember her name. She was "CURT".

GCMaster

Indian NewYorker: What are you doing here still?.

I thought your 485 approved and everything is done deal. Why are you still out here?. Just to help people out or what. You were the one posted a message that yours and your wife's 485 got approved even though the RD was August-17,2001. RIght!!!! or Am I totally off?

hi PJS !!

yes , My GC was Approved and Stamped as well, My Wifes' GC was not Approved and It was tranfered for a Interview at Detriot !! Only Mine was approved on Aug 20 2002 fro My RD Aug 17 2001 !!

So I guess You r not 'Off'.

:D

IndianNewYorker

I remember your I-140 was issued for CP. Would you please let me know whether your I-140 was issued form different service center or same. My RD is 7/5/2001 and my I-140 was done for CP and from different Service center.

Thanks in advance.

Why the hell Transfer

I have no idea why case is transfered .I checked message hoping to get good news and I get this message "Case Transfered to local INS".

So friends ,what is the ait time here ..another year or so ..Well bear with frustration I guess all of us are on same boat .

Did any one get interview date,or talk to IIO here or in INS NSC

MY RD :07/02/2001
MY RFE RCVD :08/21/2002
MY CASE Xfer :09/06/2002

Guess what I have to go with marriage logisc. I got married 2 months before all went current

Last edited by a moderator:
4htyearnsc

Yeah, My I-140 was approved for Cp from California service center.

rishidas

Even though i got married in march and all the dates were current in july .. which is 3 months before the dates became current, My I-485 was approved and its just that my wifes case was tranferred !!

Regards

IndianNewyorker